“Stop looking, it's here you want to stay”

Ayres Hotel Anaheim
Ranked #6 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 14, 2012

This hotel is a real gem. Right across the road from the Honda Centre, a 5 minute easy drive to Disneyland Parks, the friendliest staff I've seen and great rates. The beds are super comfortable, the rooms and amenities are extremely clean, the area is safe and secure and the rates are excellent. I booked through Expedia and even though I got a discounted rate I was still treated like as if I paid the full price, which is more than I can say for a lot of other hotels. I like the fact that their are no porters rushing to grab your bags and a tip, there are luggage trolleys provided.
We stayed here initially for 3 nights before we left for Arizona, and found the place so good that we booked another two nights on our way back to San Fran. On our return we arrived from Vegas at 9 in the morning with a car full of luggage and a bit dishevelled after a long drive. We were doing Disneyland that day and were praying for an early check in. Well not only did we get that with a minimum of fuss, but we also were lucky enough to receive a free upgrade.
I can't speak highly enough of this hotel, where the customer definitely comes first.
Thank you Ayres Anaheim for a wonderful experience. I wish all hotels were like this.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Mike T
There are newer reviews for Ayres Hotel Anaheim

Reviewed November 13, 2012

A 3-star plus pattern in a good location (2 miles from Disney Parks). The hotel has an elegant ambiance. Helpful staff. I haven’t seen any bellman to help with the luggage. Room: elegant, large, very comfortable, clean, quiet; coffeemaker with complimentary coffee. Bathroom: ok. Breakfast: ok, but very crowded. There is always a line to get the food due to (I think) the system used: it is not self-service; an employee serves everything you need (similar to schools and army). I recommend this hotel for families with kids. Good stay guaranteed.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kobda
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I asked for a quiet room on the top floor and my request was honored. My room is on the back side of the hotel. The rooms are very quiet; I heard no noise at all. Rooms are well insulated. I did not hear anything from the adjacent rooms or outside hallway noise.

The room was well laid out. There was a separate area with small sink and counter (wet bar), microwave, and fridge. A table and chairs for sitting; and a separate work desk and chair area. The vanity area with sink and hair-dryer is separate from the bathroom shower/toilet area.

When I checked in, I was not told that I have to put my room key in a slot to keep the power on the room, However, while I was awaiting to check-in, I heard and saw the other gentleman showing the guest that he was checking in how the system works. The hotel has this set up where you can utilize your room key to shut off and on the power in the room.

They also offer a complimentary Happy Hour in the hotel lobby during the week, of which I did not partake, as it is almost 7 pm when I arrived at the hotel. However, I overhead the same gentleman providing power system instructions, also informed his guest that they will be baking a second batch of cookies later on in the evening. Lo and behold, when I return to the hotel after dinner, the entire lobby was filled with aroma of fresh baked cookies - choice of soft oatmeal raisins and sugar cookies. Yummy!

There is a computer with internet access and a printer in the lobby, handy for printing boarding pass, or other searches, even though the reception is rather slow.

You will need a car to go to other neighboring restaurants, other than the one adjacent to Ayres, JT Schmid's restaurant (a pub), which served decent food, but on the expensive side.

The breakfast was being served at a room with ample seating (tables placed rather tight to one another to maneuver when carrying food and/or drinks). A staff member was quick in picking up dirty plates and cleaning tables.

Breakfast offered a varied selection of hot & cold items. Breads, bagels, pastries, donuts, cereals, oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, coffee, tea, milk, and juices, etc, They have a "chef" cooking scrambled eggs, bacon, potato tots and pancakes over a large grill. I particularly enjoyed the two freshly made pancakes!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Lani88
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Ayres. Andrew and the other front counter staff ALWAYS greeted us with a hello and a smile. The hotel is well maintained and felt quite exclusive and expensive :)
We had an amazing room with a huge bed that was the best sleep out of our21 day USA trip. The breakfast was large variety of hot and continental and the chef took the time to talk to us and noticed his regular guests.
Our favourite thin was the restaurant next door!! Great sports bar and food!
We got a great deal online so take advantage of them when they come up. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sarahthekiwi
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I booked the Ayres for our trip to Disney Land because the location was good, they were on the shuttle route to Disney and the rate was great. Boy, am I glad I did!! The staff was so nice, very helpful and personable. Since we arrived on a week day we were there for the complimentary happy hour which was really nice because we just spent our whole day on our feet and 2 hours in traffic! We visited the brewery around the corner for dinner. The food was good, setting was very nice and the beer was pretty good. Prices were a bit high but only because I'm used to a more casual brewery. Our room was very spacious, bed was comfy, room was very clean and it was quiet. We really enjoyed the two days we stayed at the Ayres and would definitely stay there again if we visit the area again.

Room Tip: they don't have a restaurant but I couldn't get the button to turn off!! Oops!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank CodyandCyndi
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel exceeded expectations. Convenient location, very nice decor, quiet, stylish room with great bed, and breakfast was included. The only issue we had was with the desk staff. We had booked 5 rooms for a business convention and 2 couples were given keys to the same room which was an awkward situation. They insisted that we had booked only 4 rooms. We produced the reservation paperwork and the 5th couple was given a different type room at a higher rate. Once again I had to ask that they honor the reservation rate, which they finally did. They never did acknowledge their mistake and didn't seem to know what they were doing. But, all in all we had an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Catherine N
Reviewed November 3, 2012

2 years ago, I've stayed in this hotel 1 night, with my wife when we were on holiday. This was a really pleasant stay. When I was travelling this area with 2 colleagues, and we needed an hotel, the choice was easily made, we would visit the Ayres.

This hotel isn't the most fancy one, nor does it has the most services, heck, it doesn't even have a bar of restaurant. What they offer you is a friendly environment. Now, that does sound vague or soft, but it works. From the moment you come in the hotel, until you leave, the staff is absolutely great. They are friendly and helpful. And again, they ARE friendly. It's not your typical "5-star but we actually don't care" smile, the staff is friendly by nature, and it shows.

The hotel is clean, the rooms are good (and so are the beds) and quiet. Parking is plentiful and free. They also provide you with free drinks (including beer and wine) when you come out of your work. There is a restaurant at 1 minute walk, which provides good food (for American standards ;) ) for a decent price, so that part is covered too.

All in all, it was again a pleasant stay, and I will defintely pick the hotel again, when visiting the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business