“Loved it!”

Ayres Hotel Anaheim
Ranked #6 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I absolutely loved this hotel! My favorite of all the ones I have ever stayed at in Anaheim. The beds were heavenly and the rooms were so nice. I felt like I got a steal because it was such a great deal. The only drawback I would say is that it is a couple miles from Disneyland. The complimentary breakfast was delicious and the staff was so friendly.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MarisaT128
Write a ReviewReviews (2,284)

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We just concluded a 4 week trip to the US, and this was the best Hotel we stayed at. The staff was excellent, always smiling and helpful . The room was very comfortable, and the wi-fi worked very well.
The breakfast are was excelldent, with a chef on duty to cook fresh pancakes to supplement the many selections available. Seating was ample, and very comfortable.
A nice touch was the afternoon Social Hour where they put out beer on ice, 3 kinds of wine, and great chips amd dip. This is only from Monday to Thursday.
The ART stops right in front of the Hotel hourly. Passes can be bought at front desk for $4.00Us unlimited daily uses. Allow 20-25 minutes to Front Gate of Disneyland.
For Anaheim Angles baseball, its about 2 block away, and for the Honda Center is right across the street.
Restruarants are limited to a Micro Brewery Sports Bar a short walk away. There are also resturants that offer free delivery to the Hotel
Overall, I would definatly stay at this Hotel on visits to Anaheim

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank North52Ice
Reviewed September 22, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 7 days while attending a conference and visiting friends and family. This was the first time staying at a hotel in this area and I saw the great reviews online. We found this hotel to be just another average hotel.
When we arrived from the airport, we were put in a 2nd floor room. The AC in this room wasn't working and it was blowing out warm air. I called the front desk and they tried troubleshooting the thermostat over the phone. They requested I see if the changes we made would cool the room, but it didn't. After 10 minutes of waiting, and family arriving to welcome us and our new baby to town, I called the front desk again. They were certainly nice, but said they would check availability of rooms and get back to me. 15 minutes went by with no response so I walked to the front desk. The young lady said a supervisor would be coming to our room with me to try and fix it. She came, and just like we tried over the phone, no success. She admitted they didn't have any more rooms available, but she would do something. So, we all waited another 15 minutes in the warm room. They did finally call and a room did become available.
In short, this all could have been resolved with immediate attention to the matter and a little bit of trust in the customer that I may know how to use a thermostat. This was honestly, the only MAJOR issue during our stay. The room was adequate, a little dirty, sticky carpet and dirty/moldy bathroom grout and shower curtain. The free breakfast was subpar. The cereal was stale, the juice not very good at all and a little small. I will give props to the omelette bar. And lastly, I will give the service/attitudes a thumbs up. They all seem glad to be doing their jobs and willing to help.
Again, my overall grade of this hotel is a C. No, I wouldn't stay here again and I am a little disappointed it didn't stand up to the rave reviews I found on this site!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank dannykessel
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This place gets a 5 out of 5. Excellent full breakfast, super friendly front desk and breakfast chef staff. Very comfortable room, nice amenities, excellent A/C and comfortable bed. Convenient to the 57 and 5 freeways. The pool is also a nice plus!

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank BeachBumGuy_9
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I thought this might be a GOOD hotel based on the other reviews that I read. I did not know that it would be a GREAT hotel experience. Bo at the front desk was terrific! I really appreciate his customer service. The beds are so comfy that I wanted to take one home! My family will be back anytime we need to stay in Anaheim! Good job Ayres for hiring quality employees and providing a wonderful oasis is Anaheim!

Room Tip: Try this hotel and you will never settle for a short walk from a mediocore hotel across from Disney...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Ginny C
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I was amazed at how clean and well-maintained this hotel was. The staff was courteous, the breakfast was decent (great for a free hotel breakfast but not quite restaurant quality) and the rooms were large and functional. The pool was clean and very nice as was the fitness center. It takes about 10-15 minutes to get to Disneyland depending on traffic. For $100/night, you can't beat it- this will most likely become our go-to Disneyland hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank angellovestotravel
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Good place to stay for family with kids. Free fresh breakfast, onsite laundry, pool, good-sized room, free internet, free parking are all pluses. Cost is reasonable for hotel within the vicinity of Disney. We thought of staying at the hotels within walking distance to Disney but ultimately decided against them. First of all, they are all really old hotels or motels at best. Not only do they charge a premium for room charge, they also charge for parking and internet, and almost none offer free breakfast. We opted to stay a little bit (really, a little bit) further. We parked at the Disney lots and took the free Disney shuttle to the park. Works better for our family than walking for half a mile in scorching heat!

Room Tip: Families can request double bed rooms. The room is good size. You can also bring your own airbed...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family