“Great hotel...”

GreenLeadersGold level
Adelaide, South Australia
“Great hotel...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2008

We decided to stay at Ayres because of the reviews on this website as well as the great rates we received from the hotel ($109/night). After our long 15 hour flight from Australia we were thankful for our clean, comfortable, large rooms at Ayres!

The hotel is located a fair distance from anything in Anaheim (except for the Duck Pond and Anaheim Angels Stadium), but if you have a car or are willing to catch cabs or the local trolley, you'll be fine. We caught the trolley to Disneyland on the first day and it was quite convenient. The cab ride back to the hotel was inexpensive.

There are lots of restaurants nearby on Katella, including Cheesecake Factory, Bubba Gump Shrimp and a PF Changs was opening as well. There are also lots of fast foods options as well.

This hotel has laundry facilities which is always helpful. The free internet was great, as was the free breakfast. The chef who made our pancakes and eggs to order each morning was very friendly and enquired about the rest of our group when he hadn't seen them each morning. He even came to say goodbye to us as we left on our last morning - nice personal touch. There is also a small gym on the premises and a pool (which we didn't use as it was too cold).

I would highly recommend this hotel to families with older kids or couples travelling on their own. It is nice to be so close to Disneyland without having kids running around the hotel.

• Liked — Cleanliness, comfort, value for money
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank Emma1975

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (398)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Long Beach/Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2008

SInce I don't have a car I usually stay at a very nearby hotel from the venue I'm going to. This one is as close to the Honda Center as you can possibly be, and a couple minutes walk to the Grove or Angel Stadium. No-inhouse reataurant but pleanty of dining options nearby; plus there's an empty refrigerator and a microvave to bring your own food/snacks and heat them up if desired. Plus there's a free complimentary breakfast each day. Nothing fancy but pleanty to get you up and going for the day. I stayed here for a show at the Pond (Honda Center) back in December and am staying here again in April for another concert.

• Liked — Refrierator/Microwave, Complimentary Breakfast, Location
  • Disliked — No in-house restaurant/bar. Pool was in bad shape (although it was winter)
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled solo
San Marcos, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2008

I have stayed at this hotel before and have not ever been disappointed. The staff is nice and the facilites are clean. The rooms were clean and well appointed. My only complaint was that the hairdryer was not working. I loved the free WiFi and HBO too! There is a nice complimentary cookie/beverage bash in the lobby in the early evenings. The breakfast is a nice continental style but also includes scrambled eggs, bacon, and french toast. This is a nice place to stay and is across the street from the Honda Arena and close to Angel's Stadium...

Stayed January 2008
1 Thank Randy817
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2008

RESERVATIONS: This is where my story starts.

Our family had 2 tragic deaths occur, so we found ourselves trying to make reservations for the New Year's Eve weekend/week in the Anaheim area to get down to the funerals.

Most places I called were booked and the ones that weren't, well...they were very expensive. I called the Ayres and spoke with Susan, the manager. It turned out that we would have to switch rooms during our stay, which was no big deal for us. However, I was crying from all the sadness and stress of our loss and Susan said, "You don't need anymore added stress and I don't want you to move rooms during your stay, so, I am going to give you the 2 room/2 king bed suite for the same price as a 2 queen room."

I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT!!! I thought I misunderstood her. But, I had not. I couldn't imagine things getting any better, but they did...

CHECK-IN: We arrived...tired and weepy! Antone, the front desk clerk, could not do enough for us. He was effecient, friendly and kind. Check-in was fast. He said if there was anything we needed, all we had to do was ask. (During our stay, I discovered that all the front desk clerks were aware of the reason for our visit....the funerals. All the employees were very kind to us.)

ROOMS: We had the suite...it was magnificent. Roomy, comfortable, beautifully appointed. Soft beds, down blankets, cozy sheets. Plenty of extra blanets and pillows. Wonderful tub/showers. Everything was top-notch in this room. The beds are beautiful.

FOOD: They provided delicious breakfasts in the morning with fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, cereal, hash browns, instant oatmeal, fresh bagels w/all the fixin's...the list goes on. We were amazed at the quality of a free breakfast that would have cost us about $10 a person to eat a restaurant.

They offered fresh baked cookies, chips, guacamole, and drinks at night.

OVERALL HOTEL: This place is beautiful. It is well-appointed, clean and comfortable. I was quite surprised at the reasonable prices for the 2-queen bed room. We didn't get a chance to use the pool, but there were quite a few people hanging out there on a cold December night. Rooms facing Disneyland offer a view of the evening fireworks, but there is some residual freeway noise.
There's a Hooters restaurant up the street, but we didn't see much else until we got closer to Disneyland. We go to Disneyland 4 times a year and this hotel is a little further away then most of the others. BUT, if you aren't into the Disney crowds and don't mind driving there, this would be the place to stay.

We absolutely loved the Ayres Hotel and have already begun recommending it. It is a wonderful boutique hotel that has so much to offer, but it is their staff that is the shining start. Over our 4 night stay, we watched as the employees treated every customer as if they were special. It seemed as if every employee had a ready smile and willing spirit. How rare it is to find such service in a hotel, much less anywhere else. But, my biggest thank you goes to Susan. She added sunshine to a very dreary time in our lives. THANK YOU!!

• Liked — Everything, especially the staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
6 Thank 1happydisneygirl
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2007

My 18 year old son and I stayed at this hotel to visit some colleges in the area. I picked this location since it was further away from the Disney area.

It is very conveniently located and a nice property. We had a double room which overlooked the side of the property ... it was very quiet. We did not particularly care for the complimentary breakfast so the second morning we ate at a Denny's down the street near Disney. Otherwise, the room was comfortable and the staff very accomodating. We used the internet in the room even though there is a charge and it worked very well.

This hotel is a good alternative to the big properties in the area and I would recommend it.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — No complimentary internet
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank sandnsun61
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2007

Excellent hotel at an excellent price. Across the street from the Honda Center. Not walking distance to anything else. There is a brew pub/restaurant next door, but very expensive. The hotel is exactly as it appears in the photos. Breakfast was amazing. If you have a car, you must stay here. The pool is kind of plunked in the parking lot, and all you will hear is the freeway traffic - so if a pool is high on your list of must haves, this isn't the one. Free internet in the lobby, but no printer. I guess paper is expensive? Very friendly staff. They could make their sign bigger, because if you miss the driveway you're in trouble trying to turn around and get back in. Driving East towards the Honda Center on Katella, keep to the right and watch for it on the corner before the Honda Center.

• Stayed October 2007
5 Thank Krusty_pops
Ventura County, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2007

My girlfriend and I wanted to spend the weekend in Anaheim and go to Disneyland. After our first choice was taken we were debating between this and Menage! Thanks to the reviews from this site we settled on Ayres and we plan on staying here everytime we are in Anaheim. First off I loved the location (as a major Ducks fan it is most Ideal). It is not too far from Disneyland but far enough to get away from the circus that follows it. The room was spacious, beautiful decor, and the furniture very comfortable. I wish I could have taken the bed back to my place. The bathroom was very nice, with a nice big tub. The water pressure was perfect. The room was clean and for the first time ever I had not seen any water spots on the ceiling, wallpaper crumbling on the wall, and their continental breakfast was quite grand for a continental breakfast (liked the touch of having pancakes). In the end if you are looking for a great place to stay in Anaheim then this really is the place to go.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple