“This hotel is a gem next to Angels Stadium”

Ayres Hotel Anaheim
Ranked #5 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I have enjoyed Ayres hotels before and the Anaheim location was no exception. It is within walking distance of Angels Stadium and across the street from where the Anaheim Ducks play. A bar and grill is next door, so you don't have to leave the area if you're seeing a game or a concert. Personally, I like to get to a place and park the car. Disneyland isn't far from here, but you have to drive. :( The hotel staff got us checked in quickly, and they were very professional.
The free breakfast was so-so quality, however, it saved time so we could get going in the morning. The hotel is easy to reach off the 57 freeway; I recommend coming that way and not off the I-5. If you miss the entrance to the parking lot, you have to drive down and street, make a U-turn and try again from the other direction. The room was spacious and modern, with a king sized bed that was super comfy. There is tile in the bathroom, which I like more than carpet. All the amenities were included.

Room Tip: The person in the room above us sounded like an elephant walking across the room. I'd recommend...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank RedCorvetteEnvy
Write a ReviewReviews (2,244)

Reviewed June 12, 2012

Whenever we go to Disneyland parks, we like to take hotel before and after, to saparate the drive to San Diego and enjoy full day at the park.
There are several hotels next to the park exit which will charge ~120 for 4p family but quality is fairly low. Ayres on the other hand was topping those hotels at many aspects - very good matresses, nice and new rooms and corridors, (took my younger son for a tour along the corridors pictures, like a museum, not the typical pictures you would find at hotels..)
They also give good breakfast whcihc could save a lot if otherwised paid at the parks. Free wifi is important to some of us (my kids come with their gadgets..) and free parking is also valuable, as some hotels charge some $15 per night.
The only downside is that we need to drive to the park and so pay $15 (compared to walking to the hotels) (the shuttle they offer is not atractive as it costs the same and its frequency is too low)
(This review asumes great value for money and is based on $120 per night for 2 queens room)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Keidar_R
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Total was $450 for 3 nights which was not too bad. The breakfast was hearty and the staff were very nice and very knowledgeable. It is about 15 min in an hourly shuttle ($4pp unlimited rides per day) to disneyland so it is pretty close. The shuttle also goes past the baseball park also. Overall it has good proximity to the attractions and is clean and tidy with nice amenities.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 33Nick
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I read so many great reviews here on tripadvisor and decided to book this hotel. I'm sure glad I did! All of the fabulous reviews are true! This hotel is amazing! Stayed here the first week of June. Not only is it CLEAN, the breakfast is tasty! Definitely one of the better breakfasts I've had! Breakfasts consists of eggs, bacon or sausage on alternante days, potatoes/hashbrown, yogurt, mini muffins/donuts, toast, bagels. pancakes/french toasts. So much more choices than other hotels. The room was SPOTLESS! The microwave and mini-fridge came in handy! We did have 2 minor issues though- the first was while I was getting ready to go out, one of the housekeepers used her key to come into our room without knocking. She then later closed the door, and then decided to knock. I thought it was supposed to be the other way around. The second issue is that our room key got deactivated a day before we checked out. The bed is one of the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in! Not too hard, and not too soft! I just melted once I laid my head down! I wish I could take it home with me! This hotel is a short 10 mins drive to Disneyland/Downtown Disney. It's pretty much a short drive to anywhere in Orange County. Honda Center is right across the street and Angels Stadium is pretty close by. The staff is very friendly. Welcomes you each time you come in and out of the hotel, asking you how are doing. Happy hour is nice. Didnt really get to try the cookies, but the one time we came back to the hotel in the early evening, there was a bucket of free BUDWEISER!!! Of course we took a few! I cant say enough good things about this hotel! I will definitely be back the next time I'm in Anaheim!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Nessia0427
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Love this hotel It was the perfect location for me right across the road of the venue ,no need for driving or take any kind of transport .
Excellent beds !! lovely atmosphere,comfortable and very clean rooms ,attention to details ,good quality complimentary toiletries ,coffee, tea and microwave in room (important to me) Friendly , professional and very attentive staff ,bonus convenience store on site I did appreciate that as the cosy pool with an easy access through work out room Good security I felt safe at the Ayres Hotel all the time . Complimentary breakfast was good ,lot of choices I would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: I like that fact you can open the windows if you want , but when close you cant hear any noise , gre...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank WingsFree
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I would definately stay here again. If you are going to Disneyland...stay here ...off the beaten path and well worth it. (10 mins away) The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff is professional and friendly. The Breakfast is GREAT. not your typical continental breakfast. Lots to choose from. Across the street from the Honda center so if you are going to a concert...perfect for an overnight stay. They have a pool and free parking !!! The bed is extremely comfortable..They have a microwave and fridge and var sink. Would definately stay here again !!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AdvisorMember35
Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

My 1st visit to Anaheim and 1st time staying 2 nights at the hotel. A few things to share:

1) location is near Disneyland. Abt 10 mins drive.

2) staff are helpful and friendly. They helped me to call in a doctor as Hubby was very ill.

3) cleanliness are good except for 1 towel spotted hair on it.

4) had a hard time figuring out how to boil water.

5) as Hubby was sick, there is no light food nor plain bread available for room service.

Overall great experience, would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2012