“Feather Free Fabulous”

Ayres Hotel Anaheim
Ranked #6 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 14, 2012

A lovely hotel for our Disneyland stay. Sumptious breakfast buffet....plenty of seating and thoughtful spacing out of food counters so no long lines. Disneyland shuttle inexpensive and perfect, running hourly. Wine/beer, chips and salsa/guac in addition to cookies and milk nightly in the welcoming lounge w fireplace and lots of comfy couches in private clusters. And we appreciated our request for feather free bedding. The night mgr brought it up himself, pillows and comforter. What's not to like about this place???

Room Tip: We liked being by the washer/dryer. Couldn't hear the machines from out room, and very conveni...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank alamoyoga
There are newer reviews for Ayres Hotel Anaheim

Reviewed January 11, 2012

My family stayed here for 4 nights when we went to Disneyland. This place is a gem. It is conveniently located and easy to find. But, the best part about this hotel is the hotel. This hotel knows how to treat its guests. The staff are super friendly and courteous and want to make you happy. Also, there is no BS in this place like other hotels with expensive in-room wine bars, business office with ridiculous fees, and expensive hotel breakfast. There is clean room with couch, comfortable bed, microwave and an empty refrigerator. I hate those hotels with refrigerator full of their junk and no space for ME! Also, the breakfast they provide is simply fabulous. Plus, there is a free computer with free internet access and a printer. And, if you happen to be at the lounge between 5-6, they provide you with complimentary selection of wines, beers, and snacks with dips. What kind of place is this???

Frankly, this hotel puts the likes of hilton, sheratorn, etc, in shame. One of my friends is getting married this year and I was thinking Las Vegas but now, we are going to the Disneyland. And you guessed it, I am coming back here.

Room Tip: We stayed on the fourth floor facing the parking lot and it was surprisingly quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank asian-traveller75
Reviewed January 10, 2012

My husband and I went to Disneyland to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. We were on a budget so I went on Hotels Tonight and this was one of the hotels to stay at and after reading the reviews ( they are ranked #1 in Anaheim) I made the smart decision to stay here.
As soon as we walked in we were welcomed by Dee who checked us in and told us about all the amenities, the shuttle to Disney and the managers reception and hot breakfast in the morning. No question was too annoying for her.
When we got to our room it was beautiful and the bed was so comfortable that I could have laid in it all day!
When we went down for the managers reception we had the great pleasure of meeting the GM, Marcus who was genuinely happy to meet us and super friendly to everybody. He suggested place to go for drinks and dinner and to our happy surprise when we got back to our room he had sent up champagne and chocolates!
Breakfast the next morning was pancakes, eggs, potatoes, cereals, fruits, breads, even a hot chocolate machine. The crew was friendly and efficient.
We ended up staying an extra night, we loved it there much. We now know why it is ranked #1 in all of Anaheim. Marcus and his staff are amazing!
Do yourself a favor, look no further and book your room here! You won't be sorry!

• Stayed: January 2012
8  Thank Kaykaysmom
Reviewed January 6, 2012

As we were driving in from Vegas, we were worried about finding the place but we found it quite easily. Credit perhaps to the GPS :)

The staff were excellent when we arrived, friendly and helpful and most of all, genuine.

The decor, apparently, is European boutique. I've travelled Europe quite intensively and never come across anything as... extravagant... as this! Don't get me wrong, nothing offensive or anything to put me off coming again but it's just not my taste :)

The rooms, as US rooms tend to be, was large and spacious with a great bed, shower and tv. The only problem we had was the wi-fi wouldn't work in our room and was very slow even in reception/breakfast area. Not an issue for us but perhaps people on business could find it an inconvenience.

The location for us was great. Just off the freeway so we could quickly drive down to the beach in 15 minutes and as we were watching the Ducks, we could walk over to the Honda Center.

Breakfast was lovely, great selection and freshly made pancakes were delightful. Only stayed 2 days but would love to come again and use as a base for LA / San Diego visits

Overall, an excellent hotel which I would recommend unreservedly

• Stayed: December 2011
4  Thank deanoooo_82
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Stayed at Ayres Anaheim without knowing about them that much, other than assume that it may be as nice as the Ayres at Long Beach where my sister and bro-in-law had their wedding reception a few months back. So now I am on the Ayres email-list for promotions.

I originally wanted to stay at Embassy suites Garden Grove for this year’s Disneyland trip (which was where we stayed last year), but the price for the dates I wanted were unreasonable, in my opinion. So with the promos at Ayes Anaheim, we thought we would try it, hoping that the facilities and experience would be as nice as what we had at Long Beach for the wedding.

Facilities. We were not disappointed. My husband and I agreed that we should consider this place before anything else for Disneyland excursions. 1) Not as crowded as the big hotels, like ES. Less noise, less wait in line for breakfast. 2) Staff was very friendly! 3) Rooms were really clean. I am particular about bathrooms and beds because of my toddler and I had my peace of mind here. Downside: If you are looking for a big pool or fitness room, the Ayres Anaheim had small ones. We did not use these facilities, as Disneyland used up every drop of energy we had.

Breakfast. They had hot breakfast offerings of eggs, sausages, bacon, pancakes, French toasts. The offering varied day-to-day. The breakfast chef, realizing we had a little girl, made a Mickey mouse pancake for her on our first day! There are also daily fresh fruits, yogurt, bread/bagels/spreads, cereals, and various breakfast beverages. The spread was very similar to Embassy suites’ offerings but without the omelets (and long lines).

Afternoon reception: Some beer, wine, juice, chips and guacamole - a nice snack while hanging out at the reception area.

Others. Free wifi and parking. Last year we had to pay $20 for the added amenities (wifi and parking) at Embassy suites Garden Grove.

As I logged on to Tripadvisor to reward them of a good review (as good service providers should have), I was pleasantly surprised to see that they were ranked as one of the 25 top tripadvisor hotels fro 2011! No wonder.

We will be back!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank mommaboo
Reviewed January 6, 2012

We stayed for 8 nights during the Christmas holidays in the top 4th floor room facing the parking lot and pool and had a pleasant stay. Service was very good at the front desk. Although it was located near the 57 freeway, the room and bathroom was clean, quiet and we slept soundly. I am not sure what kind of mattress was used but the bed with all it's trimmings (white duvet covers and pillows) just hugged you with warmth and softness.

I like the features of the room - ceiling fan, high ceilings, room darkening curtains, small fridge-microwave-bar sink, desk table near the window, coffee table with 2 chairs, and the vent fan in the bathroom. I also liked the European furnishings in the lobby and elevator halls.

The breakfast was a plus and what distinguishes this hotel from others is that you can get your pancakes, potatoes, bacon or sausage, fresh off the grill. Sometimes there could be a wait but at least you'll get hot pancakes! There's also the usual fare of cold cereals, juices, coffee, tea, breads, muffins, toaster, bagels, fruits, yogurt, etc.

It's not walking distance to Disneyland but an easy bus ride down Katella Ave. There are lots of restaurants within walking distance from the hotel.

Room Tip: 4th floor facing the pool
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank grapesncorn
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Excellent service and extremly clean. Also, this hotel was quiet. The breakfast and cookies were a nice treat each day. Will go back.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family