“What a great place to stay!”

Ayres Hotel Anaheim
Ranked #6 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersGold level
Dartmouth, Canada
“What a great place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2011

I recently stayed at the Ayres Hotel Anaheim and thought it was great. We went for Disney but did an assorment of things. I did my research before I left and this hotel had the best reviews and I'm glad we went with this place. The hotel was clean and the beds were very comfortable, with many amenities, including free breakfast, free parking, and a kitchenette. I travelled to and from LA. Disneyland isn't that far from the hotel as others had suggested, especially since there was a bus that left every hour and returned you back to the hotel. I had heard a lot of negativity about this shuttle service. I thought it was great and they were always there the times that the wonderful hotel staff told us. You purchase a bus ticket and away you go. The front desk staff were perfect, they took the time to make sure you felt at home and answered all of your questions. Gabby was one of the many front desk staff who helped us and was very friendly!!! Thank you for that! One of the best hotels I have stayed at and I am very picky. I would stay time and time again!! The only thing I would say bothered me as someone from out of town was that the brochures for things to do in California weren't readily available but they were in the breakfest room.

Room Tip: I had a room not facing the highway and I thought it was great, not a lot of noise at anytime.
1 Thank D-NYC2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (398)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2011

I selected the hotel because of its proximity to Disneyland, as well as my planned drive to LA and San Diego (almost centrally located between the two cities).
The room is comfortable, with great amenities like free WiFi and cabled connection and kitchenette. The only thing I wished they have is a room safe, but it's not a big deal.
All staff at the hotel are very helpful and friendly. They really make you feel at home, and they are genuine at it. Kudos to all of them, from front desk to the breakfast room staff.
The other great thing is the free and ample parking at the hotel, and it's situated near several amenities like gas stations (ARCO and SHELL), restaurants like Denny's, Panda Express etc. Just take a 5 minutes drive and you are there.
All in all, I enjoyed my stay there. My reply to one of the breakfast room staff, when he asked me whether would I come back again, was a resounding YES. You would not go wrong with Ayres Anaheim.

4 Thank Harry T
San Diego
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

No frills here but it's perfect, clean, and comfortable for our family of 4. We spent a Fri and Sat night for a total of $240 with our Triple AAA discount. (This would be the same cost for a one night's stay at a hotel like Sheraton, Hilton, Crowne Plaza.) We've done these other hotels but this one is just fine for us. Free made to order breakfast, parking, and WiFi. Yes, you have to drive to Dland (parking is $15) but not that big a deal. Queen/double beds were super comfortable. This is the 2nd time that we stayed here.

Room Tip: Check for Triple AAA or fall 20% discount
4 Thank mcsyto
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2011

We stayed at this hotel on a short trip to Disneyland and paid 1/3 of the cost we have previously paid for one of the DLand hotels. This hotel offers way more for your money and is in close proximity to many attractions.

To start with, parking and WIFI is free! The hotel is close to the freeway and also has several eateries nearby. One of the most impressive ammenities was the free breakfast. There was a plentiful supply of cereals, fruit, yogurt, muffins, bagles, toast, juice and coffee. The cook also served freshly cooked eggs, potatoes, bacon and sausage. They also make pancakes on request. This was one of the more impressive breakfast selections and much more plentiful than the one we paid dearly for at the Disney California Hotel.

The room was large, clean and well appointed. The beds were comfortable and the linens were nice quality. I was also able to print our boarding passes at no charge in the hotel lobby.

The only negative was on friday night. There was a UFC fight at the Honda Center across the street. To begin, there were scalpers everywhere selling tickets and knockoff merchadise. All the while OCPD looked the other way. The fight was minutes long whereupon several of the patons converged on the hotel lobby and proceded to take over the lounge and lobby restrooms. I overheard (7) different individuals request the hotel clerk to call them cabs. Many of these individuals were intoxicated, some brought their own alcohol to consume as they waited. These "loiterers" were not hotel guests and acted as though they had paid for some services.

I complained to the hotel clerk who advised she was pregnant and not comfortable with asking them to leave which I fully understood. She stated she was awaiting her male counterpart to return to assist. When I asked about security, she advised there was none on the premises which caused me concern.

After our stay I received an email to inquire as to how things went from the manager with the following:

Marcus Collins
We Care About People
We Value Teamwork
We Deliver Results

Well I did respond regarding our concerns and it's now more than two weeks later with no acknowlegement - obviousdly no delivered results.

While our concerns were not addressed, the value still exceeded the annoyance.

5 Thank LeeLee33
Derbyshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2011

The Ayres is a great hotel with European antique style decor, very comfortable rooms and a very welcoming environment. The breakfasts were good and the evening reception was a bonus after a long day at Disney.
The only minor downside was the 2 mile or so journey to Disney, however the bus stopped at the hotel lobby so not a major issue. Would definitely stay again.

2 Thank L1ttlest_h0b0
Cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

A great hotel for families while visiting Disneyland. Large, clean rooms with free wifi, breakfast and parking. Only criticism is proximity to the freeway which can make room noisy. Overall, brilliant value for money.

2 Thank Colin_Christian
Boston, MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

Stayed here for a week. To be honest, I was a little shocked that it was rated #1 when I first got there. It definitely needs some updating. However, after the second day, I realized that it was a really nice place to be. The staff was very nice. The housekeepers did an amazing job and they offered a free breakfast every morning.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Britt21
AyresMgr, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Anaheim, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Dear Britt21,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I was pleased to read that you found the housekeepers to be amazing and the staff very nice and I do appreciate your comments. I will certainly be sure to pass on your comments to my staff, in particular housekeeping

I was disappointed and surprised to find that you thought the hotel needed updating. We do have a more traditional style, but we are actually towards the end of renovating much of the hotel. The exterior part of the property has a new paint job, new landscaping and decorative lighting. On the interior we have new beds, dressers, flat-screen TVs, desks, desk chairs, ihome alarm clocks, breakfast room chairs and hallway carpeting. However I am interested to know where you feel we need to update the hotel, as our renovation is still ongoing and ultimately the renovations are for the benefit of our guests.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope that we will also have the pleasure of hosting you again.

Best regards,