“wonderful accomodation”

Staybridge Suites Anaheim - Resort Area
Ranked #37 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed May 28, 2012

we stayed in a two bedroomed family unit for 4x days on 13th may. what a great place, clean, modern, tidy and spacious. perfect for our family of 2x kids and 2x adults. The free breakfast was fabulous to start off the day with. We also got to experience the evening snacks and drinks on one night which was a big bonus. Unfortunately we didn't have time to go in the pool but it looked inviting once the weather gets a bit warmer. The bus next door was conveinant if you didn't have a car and Pam at the reception was very helpful with booking theme parks etc. If this motel was in New Zealand it would do so well, great value for money. i would highly recommend this accomodation.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank pldek
There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites Anaheim - Resort Area

Reviewed May 18, 2012

A bunch of us were planning to go Disney and Knotts Berry Farm in late January, so we got a couple of suites at Staybridge Suites Anaheim. We didn't quite know what to expect, except that it had a fully stocked kitchen and the location was great for where we wanted to go.

When we entered the rooms, it was a pleasant surprise to see how big the suites were. Now don't be expecting some 5-star hotel decor or anything because that's not what Staybridge's is about. What it was was a spacious suite that is homey, clean, televisions in each room and the seating area, fully stocked kitchen and comfy beds.

Most importantly, the lobby has a CONSTANT supply of COFFEE! I can't stress to you what a relief it is when you are tired and half-dead after travelling and just want a caffeine boost. All you've got to do is walk in through the doors and there are 2 or 3 carafes of different coffee beans to choose from. Also, I can't remember which days specifically, but I think it was Tuesdays and Thursdays that they even had some night snacks (nachos, chips, etc) out for the guests to just come down and mingle, enjoy the cosy fireplace and have a little snack.

The staff and service is not 'robotic pleasant' but rather genuine and comfortable. I had alot of trouble with my transportation to the airport and the staff genuinely sympathised with my dilemma and helped me in any way they could.

Overall, it was a very good stay and if I am in Anaheim anytime, I'd definitely want to pick this place again!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank raelin
Reviewed May 16, 2012

This Place is Amazing!!!! Sooo relieved it was everything it said it was and More!!!Friendly staff, Delicious freee full breakfast before Disney everyday!!! CLEAN ROOM And SHOWER!!! Clean Clean Clean!!! I was so scared to book our first vacation without seeing in person exactly what I was getting, This Hotel exceeded all my expectations and I continually recommend to friends and family that are looking to book. Trams to Disney every 20 minutes, free laundry, free parking, free dinner three nights a week, free cocktails three nights a week,(i don't drink) But still thought that was very generous to exhausted parents after a day at Disney!!! This Hotel saved us sooo much money in food alone!! Comfy beds and extra pillows!! I will stay here every trip to Disney, LOVE LOVE LOVE this place!!!!

Room Tip: we got the extended suite that sleeps 6 for our family of four, with full kitchen , at a heck of a d...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank happymom123742
Reviewed May 15, 2012

We were going to Disneyland for four days and decided to go a day early. When our hotel couldn't take us, I discovered Staybridge Suites. Lucky for us! After only staying one night there, I am looking forward to going back again. The rooms are spacious and clean. Comfortable bed(s). Well appointed with full-sized appliances in furnished kitchenette.

Staff was pleasant and helpful when needed. Breakfast served was hot and very good. Chafing dishes were kept filled until just before the end. Cold cereals, muffins, fruit, yogurt, etc., also available.

Next time I go, this is the place I'll stay. It's also fairly close to Disneyland Maingate . You could walk, but they have a shuttle every 15 - 20 mins. The cost was reasonable.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank carolfd
Reviewed May 12, 2012

We spent 4 nights in a 2 bedroom suite this last week and have no complaints. The rooms were clean and nice and the help was more than helpful. The breakfast was a step up from a continental breakfast with hot food options and a great way to start the day before Disneyland. We will stay here again when we go next time.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank tander22
Reviewed April 2, 2012

We have stayed at this property 3 times over the past 15 years. For the most part, it is an awesome place!

Let's start with the goods.
- wonderful large heated pool and hot tub
- full complimentary Breakfast
- free 'appetizers' (more like dinners for us) on several week nights
- Helpful staff

Downsides.
- rooms are a little tight (at least for a family - and we had a two bedroom)
- needs some updating. Rooms are starting to look tired and out dated. The kitchen was also missing some items (like a Kettle and a toaster. But they will bring one when you ask.)
- you need to take the Anaheim Resort Transit to get to Disney which isn't always reliable.

Like I said, we have stayed here 3 times now and it has always been a comfortable happy stay. The only reason we plan to go somewhere different next time is because we plan to stay at the Grand Californian as we have a time share.

This place is a wonderful alternative to the junkier hotels right near Disneyland.

Room Tip: Get a suite with a kitchen! Two bedrooms have a living room!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank CarolynLeanne
Reviewed March 31, 2012

My step daughter was staying in the Holiday Inn next door. She was taking her son to Disneyland. My 12 year old daughter wanted to go with her big sister to Disneyland so we drove down from Canada to meet her. We did not stay at the Holiday Inn next door because it was not dog friendly. I ended up here because they were dog friendly and it was a reasonable price. (for the room and the dog charge) Boy was I glad we found this place. I was not going into Disneyland so I got to enjoy relaxing by the pool with my niece who joined me. We were real glad they had breakfast and snacks in the middle of the week. The breakfast can get really crowded when everyone is tring to get off to Disney in the morn. On the down side when we first walked into the room it was really hot, the heater was on. this was March so it was not hot or very cold outside. I walked over to the system that had a digital program still in it and it would not work so I thought. I walked to the phone to ask if it was the one that adjusted it. All the Lady said was " I don't know, I will send up maintenance" I then realised there was a thermostat on the wall. I called her back to say I found it and cancel the maintenance call. You would think she had gotten a call like this before. She did not even want to bother listening or talking to me and was pretty rude. (older frizzy haired dirty blond that was working on the late afternoon on Monday, March 19). But she was oh so friendly (fake) when we would walk by the desk. The other bad thing was the hot tub. We had gone in the hot tub when it was dark the first night. We went again during the day and I looked at the side of the hot tub and it had caked on scum so thick I did not get in. I cringed thinking I had been in the thing the night before. The thing is they share it and the pool with the Holiday Inn next door. Lots of people are in and out of both. The pool looked fine. Other than that I really enjoyed staying there. I had only checked in to stay one night. I ended up staying for 3 because the weather was nice and the price was right. On another good note the Gentlemen that checked us in on the late afternoon of the 19th was very friendly and helpful. I should remember to get names. Bed good, pillows good! Would recommend and would go back if I was in the area.

Room Tip: Away from freeway.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family