“Good budget hotel for Disneyland”

Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area
Ranked #45 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Good hotel for the family not wanting to spend outrageous Dinseyland hotel prices!

Overall, a nice place with very friendly staff. Everyone from the front desk staff to the restaurant staff was very nice and helpful. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. The showers could use a little work as they were a little moldy in spots (rooms 712 and 714 anyway), but the bathrooms were clean and spacious.

The restaurant was your standard run of the mill Holiday Inn restaurant with ok food. Kids eat free, so keep that in mind if you're there with your family and save yourself money. My booking came with free breakfast for the adults as well, and that's a buffet.... Again, not bad and the price was right.

My only negative comment was the noise. You can hear people in the hallways and cars outside. The hotel is next to I-5 is my room was loud. It didn't keep me awake at night, but it was noticeable and the hallway noise was annoying at times.

Easy and cheap transportation to the main gate at Disney via the Anaheim Resort Transportation system a big plus... Picks up outside the hotel every 20 minutes and is very inexpensive.

I would definitely stay here again. Thanks to the hotel management for such a friendly staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Nice hotel, we've been here couple of times. And keeps coming back. But this recent visit, I wasn't happy with the housekeeping, come back to the hotel after a long day trying to rest, the room is not clean, it happened 3x in 14 days accommodations. I have to go to the front desk and complaints 2x regarding the housekeeping. Otherwise we're very happy with the hotel, except the housekeeping. The food and the service in the hotel are marvellous, always service with a smile.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Marylou E
Reviewed March 22, 2014

This property is clean and reasonably priced. Just far enough from the theme park to escape the hustle of it all yet close enough to see the nightly fireworks from your room or the pool. Shuttle service to the happiest place on earth every 20 minutes also a plus.

The restaurant and food a good but the bartender is awesome. Her name is Jennifer and she is friendly ...pours a great drink the "captain smash" is a grrrreat way to end the day. I actually had another bar tender make one for me on her day off and it was not the same. She was the best part of my 10 day stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of nightly fireworks. Pack a lunch... The restaurant is not open for lunc...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marguerite G
Richard S, Manager at Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate you taking the time to review our property. Jennifer has been with us a while and we consider her a great asset to the team. I will definitely share your comments with her. Thanks again and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

On a recent trip to SoCal, I spent two nights at this hotel. It's located close to Disney and and I-5. The rooms were quiet, the beds comfortable, and close to many restaurants, too. It is also not too far from SNA-John Wayne International Airport and convenient to get to. I would stay here again and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a pleasant place to stay while in town.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Msafiri_Mwenyeji

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your honest and straightforward feedback. We are planning a number of improvements before the end of the year so please keep us in mind in the future!

Reviewed March 19, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night while we were visiting Disneyland with some friends. The woman working at the front desk was very friendly and helpful.

The room was clean and spacious. We were on the top floor and we could see the Disneyland fireworks from our window. It was a wonderful view and nice to be able to watch them from the comfort of our hotel.

Having a mini fridge and microwave was great!

I feel this hotel was a good value for the price. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want to watch the fireworks from your room, ask for the top floor and a room that faces in th...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jennifer B
Reviewed March 11, 2014

When I called the booking agency to cancel this hotel due to unforeseen circumstances, I was directed to the hotel in Anaheim.
When I called I was transfer by Vanessa at the front desk three time, once to a voicemail, then to an 800 number where they told me that they could not assist me and then to a regional call center where the lady was very nice and told me to call Vanessa back and tell here I need to talk to someone at the hotel and not to transfer me again, because no one else would be able to assist me, except for them.
So I did, Vanessa informed me that she was just told that under no circumstances that she was allowed to cancel this request. I asked to speak with a manager and Vanessa got me a manager by the name of Jeanette who was more worries about getting me off the phone than trying to help. She first said I needed to look at my agreement and to call her back if it said I could cancel. When I told her I thought there was a hotel cancelation of a few days in advance she said yes there was, but I would not be able to use that policy, because I didn’t book with them. First of all this is a horrible double standard and made me feel that I was a second class guest staying at their hotel.
At this point I had had enough and asked to speak with her manager, she put me on hold and then a few minutes later came back and said he was “out” and that if she could get my number and that he would call me back. I asked her if he was on break or out to lunch or out for the day and how long would it be before he called me back. She didn’t know, but she knew he couldn’t talk to me at that point in time.
So Richard Slonka, Jeanette’s manager, called me back about 20 minutes later, it was a quick 30 second conversation. He said no, I can’t help you and I said ok and that I would be looking forward to seeing him in a couple weeks and was glad he had such high standards for his hotel and that I would be expecting nothing less, when I arrive. So far the customer service is leaving a lot to be desired.
Thank you for your time and letting me vent my frustration with you.
Justin Ward

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

There are a myriad of ways to book your reservation at our hotel. We don't discriminate against any of the booking channels. The cancellation policy through any of the online sites mirrors that of the hotel. We offer the flexibility of cancelling your reservation 48 hours in advance or you can save money and book a non-refundable reservation. The cancellation policy is clearly outlined on all of the web sites and must be agreed to in order to process your reservation. If at any time you feel the cancellation policy is unclear you are more than welcome to phone the hotel and we can explain it in more detail.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I was at Holiday Inn Anaheim for business. They were over and beyond accommodating to me. They made this stay comfortable, pleasant, and stress free. The hotel is clean and staff are very friendly. I would highly recommend this hotel, an would definitely stay here again. The location also was great.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business