“Good stay near the Disney Resort So.Cal”

Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area
Ranked #45 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Tiverton, Rhode Island
“Good stay near the Disney Resort So.Cal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

We stayed in a room which had bunk beds for the kids and a queen for the adults...very fun room. It was a kids themed room. Very comfortable. If you are a Priority Awards Platinum Member you receive free breakfast (member only...not family). We liked the idea of having the "ART" (Anaheim Resort Transportation)....bus...take us to the Disney area...not free so look at the rates but much better than fighting traffic and parking your car for a fee...Back to the hotel: clean, room, great staff...did i say clean...wow...they do it rght.

Room Tip: If you want to surprise the kids with a fun room, ask for the kids room.
3 Thank Joe G
Holiday_InnLAXSM, Administrative Assistant at Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Guest Joe G.

I would like to say "Thank You", in conveying your feedback on Trip Advisor. We enjoy hearing that you and your family enjoyed their stay here with us. We were pleased to hear about your comfort in the kid's fun room. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your overall stay and really hope when coming to Anaheim you will be lodging with us again!

Christine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Pinckney, Michigan, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

No traumatic experience or issue to report, but also nothing redemptive. If you're looking for a healthy meal, you not only won't find it on the premises, you won't find it nearby. The lotion in my room had been used. There are no to-go coffee cups in the rooms. I have Priority Club status, but breakfast was not included.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank jesspantano
Holiday_InnLAXSM, Manager at Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Guest Jesspantano,

Thank you for your feedback on Trip-Advisor. We apologize that your stay was unsatisfactory one. I wish we could of had the chance to rectify all your concerns before you checked out. However if you ever decide to give us the opportunity to lodge with us again, I would gladly see to it that you have a great stay! Please feel free to contact me and I will be sure your stay is a good one!!

Management
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Terrible "hotel". More like a "motel". Claims to be near disney, but is like a 8-10 mile drive. Doesn't offer a courtesy shuttle like the other "disney area" hotels. City bus charges $5 a person each way. Better off js paying for close parking at disney($15). Room was dirty, smelly, and a health risk. Popcorn on ceiling, and patchy drywall definitely not good for people with respiratory difficulties. Requested double beds. And I believe that's the size they were...a double/full. Fridge was dirty and rusty. Carpet was soiled. Whirlpool spa was filthy!! Hotel does not offer complimentary breakfast like most holiday inns. And hotel restaurant is terrible and poorly staffed. Definitely regretted my stay and will definitely do more research prior to booking. Hotel is extremely overpriced for what you experience. 3star is an exaggeration.

• Stayed March 2012
4 Thank Vcardenas4444
Holiday_InnLAXSM, Administrative Assistant at Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Guest Vcardenas4444,

Thank you for providing your comments on TripAdvisor. We do apologize for all your inconvienences you endured while staying with us. We feel just terrible that your stay was not a good one, I will pass this to my General Manager regarding all your concerns.

Tucson, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights, Feb 20-23, 2013, while we visited Disneyland/California Adventure. The hotel/accommodations were clean, the staff was friendly & courteous. Our room was clean, quiet and they were able to accommodate my request- we had a view of the parks from our room!

The hotel is located just off the freeway, so it's easy access when you need to head out; however, it is a little tricky to navigate the first go around- after that it's easy!

This Holiday Inn is about 1 mile from the park, which is kind of nice, so walking isn't an option; however, if you head out early and park in the Mickey & Friends Parking structure it is worth every penny of $15. (There are trams from the structure, to the park, and back- so no long walks when you're exhausted at night.)

My boyfriend is a Priority Club member, and frequently stays in Holiday Inn establishments- he rated this as "He would definitely stay here again"!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank AzJodee
Holiday_InnLAXSM, Administrative Assistant at Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear AzJodee,

Thank you for your positive feedback on your stay here with us! It's a pleasure to hear great comments on our Hotel. We try our very best to provide great hospitality to our guests who stay with us, and it seems that we did just that. We look forward to having you stay with us again on your next vacation. Thank you again, for your time.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Me & my Family just got back from Disneyland...This hotel is very wonderful,the staff is very friendly & they always greet you with a hello and a friendly smile,even when I went down to the front desk multiple times to ask for stuff they got it with no hesitation...The pool & hot tub very nice,our room was wonderful & the food was TASTY..We would definatly stay here again...

2 Thank Sara L
Dear Sara L

Thank you so much for all your kinds words. It's wonderful to hear that you thourougly enjoyed all our amenities of our Hotel. We hope to see you again real soon. Thank you for providing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

Ahwatukee, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

We booked this hotel for a long weekend at Disneyland with our two year old. We had considered other properties but since it was a long weekend, many places were full or very overpriced. My husband travels for work and stays in Holiday Inns often and is a Priority Club member so we expected a certain standard…

We drove from Phoenix and arrived late in the evening – maybe around 11:00 pm. When we checked in, we were placed in a room with two double beds, even though we had booked over the phone and requested a King. As soon as we entered the room, my husband called down to the front desk and spoke with a very rude woman who argued with us about what we had booked. My husband asked for the manager was told that there was no manager this late at night and we’d need to speak with someone tomorrow since they had no rooms available tonight. They should be able to move us to an accessible King room tomorrow.

While he went to the car to get the rest of our luggage (there was no one to help us with our bags and I had a sleeping toddler to take care of), I began to notice how run down the room was. Peeling wallpaper, stained walls, chipped paint all over every painted surface, oh, and let’s not forget to mention the HAIR everywhere in the bathroom. Yes, hair – someone else’s hair, not mine or my husband's. There were also stains all over the bathroom wall above the sink and below the mirror – looked like some sort of red/pink beverage all over the wall that had not been cleaned. The room was just dirty.

I checked the linens and they appeared fresh so we went to sleep expecting to be moved the next day.

In the morning, my husband spoke with a nicer woman named Vanessa who said they could switch us to a King room after 3:00. We checked out of the Double room and stored our luggage with the front desk while we went to Disneyland.

At first, we purchased tickets for the ART bus that comes by the hotel and drops off right in front of Disneyland. We waited for over 20 minutes before deciding that the $10 wasn’t worth the long wait and decided to drive our car. It cost $15 to park and was much more convenient. We spent the day at Disneyland and returned to the hotel to check back into a new room supposedly the only available room.

We checked in and brought our luggage to the new room. This room was a corner room and was much larger than the other. At first glance, this room appeared cleaner. At least I didn’t see any hair in the bathroom… After checking the bathroom I checked the bed. HAIR in the bed between the sheets – ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME???? I immediately called down and said there is hair all over this bed, do you think we could get some clean sheets? And for the very first time in our stay someone said “I apologize” and they sent someone from housekeeping right away. The bed was stripped and changed and we provided a tip to the person who provided the service. We were so exhausted; we went to sleep right away.

In the morning, my husband and I noticed that many things in the room felt dirty, like the light switches, the remote control, door handles. As if someone had greasy hands and left grease on everything they touched. We happened to have some disinfecting wipes and wiped items down ourselves. We got ready and this time we were able to catch the ART shuttle to Disneyland without any problems. This was really the best part of the stay!!!

When we returned, the room had been serviced, but still not very well. The coffee pot hadn’t been emptied of the grounds from the morning nor had any coffee been replaced. The cups that were used were removed, but not replaced leaving us with no cups. The ice bucket bag was not replaced… We left no tip for the housekeeping.

Oh! And the shower/bathtub… RUSTY! I would not bathe my daughter in it. There was rust on the bottom of the tub. They provided a rubber mat but I still wouldn’t bathe my child in it. You could see rust on the outside along the bottom of the tub where it met the floor too. It was as if the tub was rusting from the bottom up into the tub. No way I’d put my baby in there. I’d had a tetanus shot in the last few years so I placed the rubber mat over the rust and took a quick shower. Since it was a handicap accessible room, I’d be very concerned for anyone such as a diabetic or anyone with wounds on their feet because of the rust.

This place is dirty. The beds are horribly hard and worn. The pillows are made of shredded foam pieces. For the $120+ a night I expect a decent place. I’ve stayed in hostels for $10 a night that were cleaner and had nicer staff.

If you can swing the extra $ and there are rooms available, I’d stay anywhere else, especially if you have small children.

Never again…

Room Tip: My tip to choose a good room: Choose another property...
5 Thank Kathi C
Holiday_InnLAXSM, Administrative Assistant at Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Kathi C.

So sorry to hear about your experience you endeavored while staying with us! There are no words to express our deepest apologies for you uncomfortable stay. We will assure you that we will rectify all your concerns with the cleanliness of our rooms. Our General Manager is aware of these problems that occurred when lodging with us and will see to it all issues stated will be addressed with our housekeeping department as well as our front desk staff. Again please accept our apologies and we do appreciate your feedback to better serve our guests with proper hospitality.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Pros:
Really close walk to Disneyland

Cons:
Dirty bathroom floors before we arrived
Poor service-maid does not change towels even when they were put in the designated change towel area. Our dirty towels were put back and folded. Gross.
They do not replace conditioners and such.
Pillows left on floor when they feel on the floor
The room has windows that can not be covered so when the sun rises...you are forced to as well

Expensive for the quality of service with better options a bit closer to Disneyland

2 Thank WorkSucks78
Dear WorkSucks 78,

So sorry to hear about your experience when lodging with Holiday Inn. We noticed you stated you were within walking distance of Disneyland, however we are approximately 1 mile away from Disney. There is another Holiday Inn located within walking distance to Disneyland that you must be referring to. On behalf of Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort we do apologize and thank you for you time!