“Excellent value no-frills lodging”

Super 8 Anaheim Near Disneyland
Ranked #34 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Excellent value no-frills lodging”
Reviewed April 20, 2008

I stayed here for 4 nights as I was attending a conference at the nearby Anaheim convention center. Initially, I wasn't too impressed but as each day went on, this place grew on me.

Here's what really impressed me:
- Economical room rates
- Clean well-maintained rooms (my toilet seat looked fairly new)
- Free parking
- Free breakfast (comprised of donuts, cupcakes, apple or orange juice, raisin bran or froot loop cereals)
- Powerful air-conditioning unit (looked like it was replaced in all units recently)
- Friendly owner
- Close to Convention Center (can walk there quite easily)
- Close to all car rental offices
- Both an open coat rack and closed closet in room (bring own coat hangers if using closed closet)
- Good quality clock radio
- Laundry facilities available

Some minor deficiencies were:
- not many power outlets to recharge your electronic devices
- no iron or ironing board (office could supply one for a price)

All in all, considering what I got out of the place for the price paid, this is an exceptional value considering the location.

• Liked — Room rate and the amenities
  • Disliked — Lack of electrical outlets
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
5 Thank woodulu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
lissqueaks
Reviewed April 1, 2008

I had a question for housekeeping and apparently she didn't speak english and would hang up on my everytime I called! Really upsetting.

Stayed April 2008
1 Thank lissqueaks
CA, USA
Reviewed March 26, 2008

The room we stayed in (#2114) smelled really musty. We had to open the door to air the room out for 15 minutes. We don't know when the last time the particular room was serviced but the bedsheets and pillows smelled funky too. It was really difficult to fall asleep with that smell. Apart from that, the motel is decent for the price. It is within walking distance to Disneyland.

• Liked — It was cheap and within walking distance to Disneyland
  • Disliked — Room, bedsheets and pillows smelled very funky
2 Thank Jawayi
San Luis Obispo, California
Reviewed March 24, 2008

We originally booked 2 nights and 2 rooms using Trip Reward points. When we needed to add an additional night prior to our reservation date, I contacted the hotel directly. They added the reservation request and made sure that the 2 reservations were linked so we wouldn't have to change rooms.
The front desk staff was very helpful.
This is a basic Super 8 motel with basic amenities, nothing fancy but clean and serviceable.
The breakfast room is very small with no tables at all. You can get juice, coffee, cereal and milk, muffins and donuts. There was a toaster and microwave for your use. Very basic, but it was OK. It was only open until 9 a.m. which I thought should have been a little longer.
Overall, it was a good value for the money.

• Liked — The location to our event and the price
  • Disliked — The breakfast room
2 Thank dperales
CA
Reviewed March 16, 2008

Overall, we were VERY satisfied. Me, my husband & 4-yr old stayed. I was surprised and thought it was the nicest place I've stayed at for the price. Much nicer than I expected. Very clean.

The breakfast, although nice and fresh, would have been nicer had it included some sort of fresh fruit &/or protein. (Not too good to start an all day venture at DL on just carbs) so I would suggest you bring something to supplement theirs.

There was a fairly larger fridge & MV. (I would say the fridge would hold everything in a full sized ice chest.) so bring your own food to bring into Disneyland. They allow you to and it saves you lots of money.

The beds were very comfortable. The staff was great.

Our toilet didn't flush some of the time. We had to reach in to flush. (I didn't report it until we checked out) The wallpaper was peeling over the sink area. Neither of these things really bothered me much but I've seen guests give motels terrible ratings because of this so I'm mentioning it.

• Liked — nice, clean room
  • Disliked — cold pool
2 Thank CatCat08
edwards, ca
Reviewed March 14, 2008

We stayed at the Super 8 for 4 nights during our Disney vacation. I was not expecting much but was pleasantly surprised with the Super 8. This was a no frills hotel but it was clean and the front desk was very helpful. The super 8 is within walking distance from Disneyland. It is not the closest hotel by any means but it is a doable walk. We also had a great view of the fireworks from our 2nd level room but it helped that we were at the back of the property facing the right direction. For $50 a night I feel like we made a great choice. Stay here for a great value.

• Liked — Price
1 Thank awesomequad
New Zealand
Reviewed March 8, 2008

My girlfriend and I are form new Zelanad and we were looking for a not so expensive accomodation near Disneyland, so after reading many reviews we decided for the super 8, at the beginning we were scared thinking that it wasn't going to be good, but when we arrived it was completly different.

The staff was very friendly and helpfull before and after we arrive (they gave us many advices of what to do, and they helped us to book all our tours, etc and also when we booked online we asked about the shuttle for going from the airport to the hotel and they saved us a lot of money telling us not to take a taxi but a shuttle company (they gave us the name of few and told us were they were in the airport, it cost us 16$ per person) we had a chek in late and also we request that we wanted to pay half day of the day we were going to chek out because our flight was at 10 pm and we could do it without any problem.

The room was extremely tidy with two big and comfortable beds and the location of the hotel is the best, you could walk to Disney, downtown Disney and also you have two seven eleven shops very close and a lot of restaurants. Breakfast was very simple (it is included in the price of your room) just juice, coffee, chocolate, donnuts, muffins, toast and cereal, but for begin your day it is enough and well if you feel like something else like I said before you have a lot of restaurant to choose and some of them will deliver the food to your room.

We think that for the price (52 dollars per night(weekdays), 58$ (weekends) this hotel is the best, we saved so much money that we spent buying nice things in Disneyland and in another shops.

Next time we go to Disney, we will stay in the super 8 again.

Tony C.

• Liked — The friendly staff, free wireless internet in your room, close to everythng (Disneyland, restaurants, rental cars office, tours, shops, etc) tidy rooms and price
  • Disliked — Breakfast, it was simple but sufficient.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple