New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Super 8 Anaheim Near Disneyland

Super 8 Anaheim Near Disneyland
Ranked #29 of 116 Hotels in Anaheim
Melbourne
“Clean & Cheap - nothing more we need!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We usually stay at another hotel directly opposite Disney entrance, however the cost for this stay was extremely expensive so decided to give Super 8 a go after reading tripadvisor reviews. We really only need a place to sleep that is clean & safe as we are out of the hotel for most of the day so couldnt justify the huge cost for the other hotel.
We had a room on the upper floor which was a bit of an ordeal having to drag heavy bags up the stairs (we had been travelling for a while so bags were a lot heavier than when we left home). I also injured my foot, so this also proved a bit of an ordeal as well.
The room was a decent size & the beds were very comfortable - possibly one of the most comfy we had on our whole trip. The room was clean & comfortable. You can rent a fridge for $5 but we didnt bother as we were out of the room most of the day. I also like the fact that you can always ask for cups of iced water at all Disney food outlets so no need to pay for expensive bottled water.
We were hoping to purchase our hopper tix from reception as they are cheaper than purchasing from Disney but they had run out of the 3 day hopper. So we went around to the Red Lion hotel & purchased the hopper tix from them. I think the 3 day hopper from Super 8 was $228 & we paid $230 from Red LIon as opposed to $250 from Disney. Every little bit helps!
It was handy having washing machines however the detergent dispenser was not working & reception did not sell any - which was a little annoying as I then had to go to the corner market to buy some & I had already put the clothes in the machine. I noticed that the out of order sign was not removed for the 4 days we were there & also noticed that some other machines were also out of order during our time.
The breakfast was ok all we need really is cereal, toast, juice & coffee. I thought it strange that they had butter in a large squirty bottle instead of individual pkts & some guests didnt think that others needed to use it so would keep it at their table which was a bit annoying.
I would stay here again due to the fact that it is good value for money & clean.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MelbourneKaren67
Super8k, Manager at Super 8 Anaheim Near Disneyland, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Its great to know you found us to be a good value when staying with us. It's always great to hear we fit into our guest's budget and we are affordable. Thanks for giving us the review! It's wonderful to know you will be back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

We wanted a place that was within walking distance of Disneyland. It was plenty close. The staff was friendly. The room was cleaned for us everyday. There was no refrigerator in the room so we used a cooler. The only thing that was annoying was the shower. When you turned the bath on it was nice and hot. When you turned the shower on it was hot for about ten seconds. But we stayed four nights for 204 bucks. So I can't complain too much. I would stay here again. They also have a complimentary breakfast but we never utilized it because we didn't want to get up early.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the review! Its great to kow you found us affordable. We are in a great location being so close to Disneyland, We do look forward to your return!
Payson, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I will NEVER stay here again. Family was ate up by bed bugs. Husband had them so sever he had to seek medical attention for allergic reaction to so many bites.
On a positive note, the staff was extremely sincere and apologetic about the incident.

Room Tip: choose a different hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Deniese M
Thank you for your feedback. We are researching this, as we have had no reports of such incidents. If you have questions regarding this review, give me a call directly at 714-778-6900.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I thought I would read previous reviews before we left! Some were helpfull
First thing I noticed was some people should stay at a 300$ a night place period.
This super 8 was recommended to us by our agent. We asked for budget conscious accommodation with a pool ( kids critical)
The first person we met was a Kind gentleman named Ron. Here is what we got
-Clean comfortable beds
- Quiet rooms
- Wonderful breakfast. Some may say otherwise but the kids were happy. Which makes happy parents. Yes they have a new menu.
( if your looking for a full fare breakfast there is numerous options within walking distance)
- a clean pool and hot tub
- excellent staff

To sum up our experience. we weren't looking for the ritz Carleton. We wanted a simple convenient place to sleep and recharge before the parks. Super 8 delivered this in spades !!!

Kudos to Ron. If you end up here. He is the go to guy. From limos to taxis to a friendly ear. Talk to him. He made our trip that much better.

Ken.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Armyken
Super8k, Manager at Super 8 Anaheim Near Disneyland, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for the review! It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and do look forward to seeing you again. Thanks again for the great review.
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Pros: Location
About a 10 minute walk to Disneyland

Anaheim Resort Transportation bus stops in front of motel (ART bus)
1,3 and 5 day passes available at kiosk around the city. Also available online before you leave home. (allow 3-5 days to get the pass in the mail or delivery to most hotels,but not this one) It is $3.00 each time you ride unless you have a pass.The pass is $20 per person for a 5 day pass.Seniors $9 for a 5 day pass if you order in advance, online.

Motel staff is always friendly in the office.

Room was clean

Close to restaurants and the Garden Walk mall

Cons:Never had hot water (lukewarm showers! UGH!)

Hot water faucet at the sink didn't work at all, only cold water worked. Had to wash my hands at the bathtub

No WI-FI Kept being told it was being fixed (I was there for 3 days,and it never worked)

The lobby computer costs $1 for 5 minutes and 50cents for each printed page (I put $2 in but it never worked. The staff did print my much needed info on their office computer. Thank You!)

Breakfast is ok provided you get there early (by 8am) It is served 6-9 am They provide toast, toaster waffles,packaged pastry,3 cereals,tea & coffee, juice, oranges and yogurt if you get there early. You are required to give your room no. when you come in. I find that a little scary since I travel alone. Everyone hears your room no. I think it would be safer if you could write your room no. down for them.

Back rooms very, very noisy!! The walls of the rooms back the staff laundry room. They start washing the sheets and towels at 5:30am and continue until 6PM. Also a large container is parked back there and you hear constant banging of the door to it.Cleaning staff talk very loud as they begin their morning shift.
If you want to sleep in this is not the place for you!

I've stayed here three times, hoping it would improve, but this was my last. I'm sure they could care less what I have to say because people line up out the door to get rooms there. I'm sure the lower price and location is the incentive.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank epresley142
Thank you for the review. It is good to hear you enjoyed your stay. We always love to hear from repeat guests. We do look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Anaheim. Thanks again for the review.