“Clean - cheap - good for families” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Anaheim Maingate

Motel 6 Anaheim Maingate
Ranked #75 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Toronto
“Clean - cheap - good for families”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

Had trouble find this hotel, really thought it was NEAR the main gates but it really isn't but it's not far and they have a shuttle bus that is $5.00 a person for the day and pick up times and drop off times very convenient. Lots of parking if you have a rental car. Room was cool with orange paint .... laminate floor, beats carpet any day. Only complaint I'd have is no coffee maker in room and no where really close to get a cheap breakfast other than a 711 (I don't mean a sit down meal) Would I go back.. maybe if with family again but wouldn't if with a spouse wanting a romantic vacation... but certainly was good for the budget. Didn't try the pool but it looked good and clean.

Room Tip: Be away from elevator - and one side of rooms face a busy hwy/road so ask to not have your door faci...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
cobble hill, bc
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

Very, very, very basic room. Our room smelled of cigarette smoke even though non-smoking. No hairdryer or fridge. I expected no fridge but the hair dryer was very annoying-kind of a standard thing to have in a room. The pool and hot tub were fine for my 9 year old to splash around in. Very loud traffic noise from I-5 so if you can't sleep through traffic noise don't stay here. No elevators so not fun if you are on the 3rd level like we were. Not a bad walk to main gate of Disneyland in daytime (15-20 minute walk). We took the shuttle which runs direct to the parking lot so that is probably best way to go, especially at night. The motel is off the main strip so it is a bit isolated when you are walking back at night. They have ample free parking which was great. Front staff were okay. If you just want to go to Disney for the whole day and have somewhere cheap to sleep then this is fine but wouldn't recommend more than 1 - 2 nights. It is a motel 6 so you get what you pay for and don't expect a lot. But really, don't be so cheap that you can't put in a hairdryer, bolt them to the wall if you have to!

Vancouver
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

We booked this hotel as we couldn't get a third night at the Travelodge in West Ball Street, near Disneyland. We thought, despite some less than stellar reviews, that it couldn't really be all that bad. I checked in at 10pm after spending all day at Disneyland and was surprised how strongly the lobby smelt of smoke. Check-in was fine, room keys given, People with young kids, or lots of luggage shoud note that the hotel does not have elevators, or if it does, the receptionist didn't tell me about them. As soon as we entered the room, the smell of cigarette smoke overwhelmed us. I immediately called reception and said the room stank of smoke. The reply 'oh, I'm sorry, would you like us to spray the room?' - I'm tired and obviously not thinking clearly as I should have insisted on changing rooms, but honestly thought I was in a non-smoking room where someone had smoked. I didn't want air freshener mixed with cigarette smoke as to me, that's just as bad as the original smell. We decided to put up with the room as we're leaving the following morning. Big mistake. The pillows were like inhaling an ash tray. Our clothes hung up in the room smelt of stale smoke, even my hair the following day. I WILL NEVER STAY IN A MOTEL 6 AGAIN!!!!

As an aside, the room itself was spacious and like a vision of the future from the 1970's, but the smell was sooooo bad. The drapes don't block out the bright orange light from the walkways outside - It was like sleeping in one of the rotisseries you see chickens roasting in Costco.

Seriously, go stay somewhere else - this place is awful.

Room Tip: My tip, go somewhere else!
2 Thank Sandra I
Acton, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Booked my room a week in advance despite poor reviews, I took my chances and took a leap of faith to staying at this location. I will say that I will never again stay here nor ever refer someone to either. I booked a NON smoking room for myself and kids whom are asthmatic and was having difficulty having this met once checking in.

I ended up biting the bullet since it was late in the evening and taking a room the front desk said had an "odor". once we settled in I called the front desk asking for more pillows that were never brought to my room.! I rather pay more money for a better experience in the future than to stay at Motel 6 again!

3 Thank Olivia S
Puyallup, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

Now I know it's a motel 6 and with that comes certain things, like you get what you paid for. Well, I understand that but to have maid service skip our room all together on our last day there was not one of them! After being gone for 12 hours walking around Disneyland and California Adventures the last thing I want is to come back and have not only need to make both beds but wait over an hour for clean towels to be brought to us. I had to call twice to remind them that we needed towels. When I told them that the housekeeping had not been to our room I got, "oh they didn't? I'm sorry" nothing about let me get someone there to help you out or any type of compensation. When I reviewed on their website I got a reply stating their sincerest apologies and that's not how they run business and hopes that I give them another try. Well sorry but I'm not going to and I've also told all my friends that if they are looking to save money on a Disneyland trip to look elsewhere, avoid motel 6! The beds were okay, not so horrible but not that good either. Also no fan system so when you take a shower the whole room gets damp, ewe! Yes even your sheets/bedding gets damp. The location to Disneyland isn't bad, but with little ones further than I was willing to walk. The ART does stop right out front and that was convenient, just make sure to buy your phases inside the motel before so you save on that rather than paying when you get on the ART.

2 Thank KatreenyB
Lindsay, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stayed at this location after it was recommended to us by several friends. It is close to Disneyland and has a nice gift shop downstairs. The rooms are updated and looked clean. Check in was fast and friendly. Staff was courteous. The room did not have a coffee pot, microwave, refrigerator, or even a clock radio. The water in the shower took forever to get warm, which didn't last long. The air conditioning was super loud and didn't cool the room very well. I am grateful that we didn't spend much time here. I was even more saddened we didn't have the "Great" experience our friends had. We won't likely be staying here again.

Room Tip: From upstairs you can see Disney's firework show
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Chesterfield, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

The hotel staff was courteous and the hotel looked new but that is about where it stopped. The room did not have a coffee pot, microwave, refrigerator, or even a clock radio. The air conditioning unit/heater was extremely noisy. I took literally 5 minutes to get "warm" not hot but warm water to the room before I could take a shower. They do not serve breakfast, only coffee. To use the computer in the lobby you must have a credit card. I think for what they are charging for this place a few amenities should be provided.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple