“SCARY, no really, a place from your nightmares.”

Motel 6 Anaheim Maingate
Ranked #78 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Los Angeles, California
“SCARY, no really, a place from your nightmares.”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

There is some kind of METH scene going on at this hotel. People hanging around in the hallways at ALL HOURS, looking completely spaced and messed up in the head. The room adjacent to ours was a DRUG nightmare. A man was abusing a woman verbally, screaming and screaming at her, rehashing the same idiotic statements again and again. We could hear every word through the wall. Then it turned violent, and he started beating her. People gathered outside our room, speaking in indecipherable meth talk. We couldn't leave and were scared to call the desk (yeah, right). Police? If they came and just told them to be quiet and left, we felt like we'd be in danger. After hitting the girl numerous times, he finally took a break and went off with his buddies to eat fast food in the hallway. Did the girl leave? No. She stayed for round 2, which went deep into the night. We finally called the front desk and asked them to send security. We couldn't live with ourselves if this guy killed her. Did security come? I'll let you guess.
Now, you might think, well, maybe this is an isolated incident. I don't think so. They were so brazen, walking around the hallways, openly talking about horrible stuff. It seemed like a weekend gathering spot for their meth nightmares. The best part of staying here was getting out alive. That is really not hyperbole. I've seen some messed up stuff, and this rivaled anything I've ever seen. The soundtrack to the evening was horrifying. It made me feel so bad for every abused woman out there.
I feel like an idiot for trying to save $90. If you have a dog, just stay at the Red Lion for God's sake.
Just imagine the contrast between a purely fun day at Disneyland with our kids--then to come back and hear a horrible, meth fueled nightmare for six hours. Thank God our kids could sleep through a nuclear attack. Otherwise we would have had to run out of there in the middle of everything. My God. Don't stay at this hellhole.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
9 Thank rywil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Red Bluff, California, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2013

At check-in hair on the floor, then the worst part was hair in the bed and on the pillows!! Credited one night with promise of fresh sheets the next day. We came back from the park and the keys won't work, then the sheets were never changed one of the pillow cases was missing! When I called the desk I was hung up on multiple times, so I had to go back to the desk. The person at the front desk had to come change our sheets.... The next day after running a half marathon we had asked for extra towels but none were provided so back to the front desk. I was given one I didn't look at it but when my friend went to use it, it was filthy on one side and not stained, dirty. They were supposed to bring more but all were dirty. When I checked out Monday and said that there was still an issue she just said I'm sorry mam. So will I be back probably not.....

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Carrie B

Travelers are raving about these Anaheim hotels

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Ideal for disneyland tourists. Very clean and large plain rooms. Bathrooms very clean. Only fridges in some of the rooms. Oneside if the hotel was quiet other not maybe just guests. Very hekoful staff and shuttle service running all day and late in the evening. Free wifi and coffee in the morning

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Whitney P
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed August 23, 2013

The location is close to Disneyland. There is a bus that runs every 30mins to drop you off to Disneyland. They have friendly staff. Rooms are of good size but no remote control for TV. No hair dryer or fridge but we only paid around $80 pero night so I guess you get for what you paid for.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cyndisarah
Washington State
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Wife and I stayed here to save a few dollars during our Disneyland trip. The front desk staff were very helpful, especially Alejandra. WiFi access is usually a charge, but she gave us two days worth of access codes if I promised to fill out their online survey.

Biggest plus to to the hotel is the proximity to Disneyland, 10-15 minute walk to the main entrance.

Door to our room (328) was very sticky and took a lot of effort to get it open. The room itself was very spartan, despite being one of their renovated locations. Laminate floors had an odd crunchy sound when walking on them. Bed was okay, but not very supportive.

The morning of our checkout (having had housekeeping service the day before), I pulled out one of the bath towels to use, only to find it smeared with dirt and covered with hair. I don't express luxurious towels at a discount hotel, but I do expect them to be clean. One other caveat, the toilets use a pressure tank and are VERY loud when they flush.

The room was fairly quite, though the morning we left, there were some very exuberant children running around outside our room.

Given a choice, next time I'll pay a little extra for a nicer hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Yakivegas
Texas
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The review by JimLinda hits the nail on the head. I cosign on their review - no point in rehashing the same details. The main point - if you want more amenities, then pay for it. It will NOT come at the <$80/night price per night we paid for this hotel. When I checked surrounding hotels, they ran OVER $200/night.

Yes, it would have been nice to have a microwave in the room - but it would have raised the room price. We did just fine with a cooler and foods not requiring warming up.

The hotel is so centrally located that Dominos knows where to deliver. We had the pizza delivered poolside, as the children did not want to leave the pool. We also saved enough on the rooms that we were able to splurge on really nice dinners! Considering that we were in the room only long enough to sleep, I consider this to be a slam dunk deal.

What made the experience worthwhile for us - the staff. They tried so hard to fulfill all of our requests and needs, and they did it each and every time with a smile and full of enthusiasm!

For example - the towels run out quickly given all the folks who use the pool. They were constantly being washed. When they ran out, they apologized profusely and offered to bring the towels out to us. 15 minutes later, the towels were delivered to us poolside - along with apologies for the wait.

Seriously - a price deal is wonderful but not worth it if we are treated like dirt. The staff at Motel 6 Main Gate treated us as though we were paying $200/night and at a resort. To me, that is what will have me returning to this place the next time we come to DL.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank drjomc
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Okay just to be clear, it was "OK" but just OK. Some people that write their reviews of this place can be too critical but my opinion is that's what you get for the price. I paid $90.58 per room out-the-door. I rented two rooms and one rooms door was stuck and had to be opened with a shoulder. Renventions looked cheap and entrance to the bathroom area looked like an old folding closet door, it did not lock. Beds were NOT comfortable in both rooms. I believe they were new but not high comfort. No complementary shampoo, conditioner. Just to sleep somewhere it was doable. Not somewhere to be comfortable. Security guards where very nice and helpful. I don't like how the manager was extremely pushing the perfect 10 score needed on the Customer Service Review M6 sends out. I was waiting to check out and I saw the manager badgering two oriental women (didn't speak english) about giving their motel a perfect score. It was felt odd that he was doing it like that in front of so many other guests. He got the home run in the end with those women. I was think to myself, "I should hire this guy at my office, he's an animal."

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family