“Cheap, clean, nice stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Anaheim Maingate

Motel 6 Anaheim Maingate
Ranked #76 of 116 Hotels in Anaheim
Chico, California
“Cheap, clean, nice stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This place was very very affordable. They remodeled it and it looks cute and trendy. It had everything we needed. The front desk staff were very nice. The Internet was spotty but I didn't have to pay for it so that was fine. Disney shuttle was great and had Disney characters painted all over it. We just slept there when we would get back late from Disney. It was a nice stay for us. Didn't see any bugs or get bed bugs. Towels are thin but I didn't care. We made it through an earthquake while we stayed there too. Good times. Also we were able to see the fireworks from Disney from just outside our room on the balcony.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Biggs, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel a few times now. Both before and after the remodel. My most recent stay was October 24-27 2012. Check-in was quick and simple.The staff is very friendly and helpful. They even called us once we were in our room to make sure the changes we made worked out for us. The room was very clean. There aren't many amenities, but it has everything you need. You can ask for a mini-fridge for an additional $3 a night. There are not blow dryers, coffee makers or microwaves in the rooms (there is a microwave in the vending machine area). My one major complaint is the comfort of the beds. They are very hard and can be lumpy. We heard others complaining about the beds at check out. Check-out was quick and easy. We were on the bottom floor on a corner with high traffic, so it was noisy from 8am to 10pm every day. There is free coffee available from 5am to 10am near the front desk. There is also a mini gift shop in the hotel. It has snack foods, household necessities and small souvenirs. The hotel has 2 elevators, 4 floors. The price rates are usually great, especially if you can book in advance. The weekend we went was a busy one with Mickey's Halloween Party, but it was still only $61.99 per night. When I book farther in advance I can usually get it for $55.99 per night. Parking is free! There is a shuttle bus (ART) that stops at the front (about every 30 mins.). You can buy passes at the front desk. You can also buy park tickets there too.
Overall, this was a great value. Free parking and small pets staying free makes it a necessity for my family.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ashley C
Monterey County, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Big family trip to Disneyland. Reserved three non -smoking rooms and got them all side by side as requested.
Rooms were very clean again. The hotel has two elevators in the front and back of the site.
Purchased all passes at the hotel including the transit passes to the park.
Very few hotels offer free transit to the park anymore. ATS ( Anaheim Transit System) comes to all the local hotels and I recommend getting the passes.
The hotel is close, but when you are tired a ride is the best way to go.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Nancy G
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights while visiting Disneyland. When we had arrived they didn't have me in the top floor like I requested. When I mentioned it right away they pulled me aside and upgraded me to a top floor room with a refrigerator. The room was clean, updated very nice at first glance I so impressed. UNTIL I layed on the bed it felt more like box springs . It just wasn't a very comfortable bed. With that being said I would stay again. And be prepared to wait up to 30 minutes to get the shuttle to Disneyland.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank 1discomom
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I and our 2 dogs stayed at this hotel for a week. The room was very clean. The staff was so friendly. The hotel is right around the corner from Disney!! There are lots of shopping and dinning right around the corner. We could see the fire works clearly from the hotel too!!! We will always stay here for now on.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Irishmuneca
Apple Valley, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

I am accustomed to staying in higher end chain hotels like the Hyatt and Hilton, and was slightly hesitant to stay at a Motel 6. However, I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. Since it was just my teenage son and I , and we were just looking for an overnight for Disneyland, it worked well. Rooms have been given a facelift and look nice. Beds are pretty comfortable- I slept great. I do suggest bringing your own pillows though. Staff here was awesome. Super nice, super helpful. Shuttle to Disneyland was convenient- 5 dollars for adults and 2 dollars for kids 3-9. Overall, I would say great budget hotel if you basically just need a place to sleep while at Disneyland.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Christina D
Eugene, Oregon, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I booked the Motel 6 for a spur of the moment trip. I liked the price and I knew that it was within walking distance to the parks. We didn't find any bugs (which I was keeping my eye out for...) The bathroom was not what I would call clean. The floors looked as though the only way they had been mopped was with a damp cloth. They were streaked with dirt. There were stains on the sheets, comforter and towels (some of the scratchiest towels on the planet might I add.) Folded in the scratchy towels were waded up "cleaned" hairs. The decor is minimal but has been remodeled. We didn't notice the traffic noise from I-5 even thought we were very close. If the cleanliness was there I would say that Motel 6 would have a good deal going.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Nicole N

Travelers are raving about these Anaheim hotels