“great hotel for a great deal!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Anaheim Maingate

Motel 6 Anaheim Maingate
Ranked #76 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Los Angeles, California
“great hotel for a great deal!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I and our 2 dogs stayed at this hotel for a week. The room was very clean. The staff was so friendly. The hotel is right around the corner from Disney!! There are lots of shopping and dinning right around the corner. We could see the fire works clearly from the hotel too!!! We will always stay here for now on.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Irishmuneca

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Apple Valley, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

I am accustomed to staying in higher end chain hotels like the Hyatt and Hilton, and was slightly hesitant to stay at a Motel 6. However, I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. Since it was just my teenage son and I , and we were just looking for an overnight for Disneyland, it worked well. Rooms have been given a facelift and look nice. Beds are pretty comfortable- I slept great. I do suggest bringing your own pillows though. Staff here was awesome. Super nice, super helpful. Shuttle to Disneyland was convenient- 5 dollars for adults and 2 dollars for kids 3-9. Overall, I would say great budget hotel if you basically just need a place to sleep while at Disneyland.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Christina D
Eugene, Oregon, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

I booked the Motel 6 for a spur of the moment trip. I liked the price and I knew that it was within walking distance to the parks. We didn't find any bugs (which I was keeping my eye out for...) The bathroom was not what I would call clean. The floors looked as though the only way they had been mopped was with a damp cloth. They were streaked with dirt. There were stains on the sheets, comforter and towels (some of the scratchiest towels on the planet might I add.) Folded in the scratchy towels were waded up "cleaned" hairs. The decor is minimal but has been remodeled. We didn't notice the traffic noise from I-5 even thought we were very close. If the cleanliness was there I would say that Motel 6 would have a good deal going.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Nicole N
Grass Valley, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

This hotel is great if you are on a budget. There is a charge for everything and the room design is ackward. There is no where to really store your clothes and things. The beds were not the comfortable. I would stay here again if I needed a good budget motel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank TarrynK18
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

While the low price was great and the room looked good too, I learned not to judge a book by its cover. I woke up to my wife screaming because there was a roach the size of my hand in the bathroom. It was the biggest roach I've ever seen and I live in NYC mind you. In addition to our roach friend, there was a pesky fly, a few moths and a couple of mosquitos. The maids obviously keep the doors wide open while cleaning. I would have sacrificed clean towels if it meant our critter friends were gone. Other than this, the bed was rock hard. Might as well have slept on the floor. In conclusion, shell out a few extra bucks and stay somewhere else. You get what you pay for here.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

My entire family booked with Maingate when we could not find any other hotels(cheap or expensive!) close to DisneyLand during spring break 2012. I mean, it was our fault because we waited last minute to book our rooms, but we didn't realize it was "spring break" & that everyone AND their mother were going to DisneyLand for their spring break! So anyways, we found Maingate online, saw the remodeled rooms & thought they looked nice. We really had no choice but to book the rooms or else we would have to cancel the trip altogether. We weren't expecting anything great or fancy since it was a "Hotel 6" & honestly, we just needed a place to lay our heads for the night since we were gone from early morning to late @ night. We booked 3 rooms, 1 for my family(2 adults & 2 kids) our room included mini fridge & microwave since we brought a little bit of food(lunchables, soda, cup o noodles, yogurt, milk & cereal, etc...) so we wouldn't have to eat out breakfast, lunch AND dinner AND in-between snacks & save some $(which we did!), 1 room for my brothers family(2 adults & 4 kids) & another room for my mother(2 adults). Check in was easy, room & bathroom was very nice & modern(my daughters & I actually LOVED the design & decoration of the room & bathroom). Also very clean. We did not get to use pool due to the cool weather but others were swimming & it looked nice & clean. My family, my brothers family nor my mother & her fiance had any issues whatsoever with our rooms or stay. They had a Disneyland & Adventure Park shuttle right outside lobby that picked up/dropped off frequently(a very very small fee to use), which was awesome. The outside isn't anything special but it's not bad by any means. Overall, we were all VERY happy with our stay here & if we ever plan to go to Disneyland again, this will actually be my first choice just because we had such a great stay, its a great value, the rooms are nice & clean, & because of the shuttle, which takes us straight to and from Disneyland. Also, as a bonus, we were able to watch Disneyland's fireworks from our hotel room every night. I would definitely stay here again &/or recommend it to family & friends.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank simona_sosa
Morgan Hill, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

I book a room for my daughter and her husband for a 2 day trip to Disneyland. Funds were a little tight for the couple so I helped them pick this Motel 6 near the kingdom. They loved the room was very nice and clean with a very modern look and feel. Was a great place for them to stay for the few days the were visiting the Magic Kingdom!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple