“BEST MOTEL 6 AROUND”

Motel 6 Anaheim Maingate
Ranked #80 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Highly recommended, only problem is they don't have much parking. But they still get an A++++ It was clean, not noisy, vey private, has a clean pool. The workers are very friendly I have stayed there on three Seperate occasion even if it's not close to my destination! And you also get to enjoy the fire works every night

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Stephmint123

Reviewed August 26, 2012

After a horrible experience at a motel 6 in San Diego, we figured we would give them one more try. (It didnt help that we had a free night due to the horrible experience). We surprised our son with a trip to Disneyland. Upon checking in we were greeted by a super friendly front desk clerk. We got a non smoking king room on the 4th floor, the room was spacious had lots of storage space, bed was comfortable, bathroom was spotless and television had a wide variety of channels we got to watch the Disneyland fireworks from our room. We had a blast and had no issues with the property. we will return very soon.

Room Tip: If you need a fridge request it when making reservation. as they sell out fast
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We traveled down to Anaheim on business and on pleasure. I had an event set-up on Saturday night and my husband had business training on the following Monday and Tuesday so we decided to stay Saturday-Wednesday. We were also traveling with my mom and our dog. I searched and searched for decently priced 2 room suites in the area and only came across suites that included twin or full sized beds in the other room due to the fact that it is the Disneyland area. We came across the Motel 6 online and found that we could get two rooms for almost the price of one anywhere else and booked right away. Pets stay free which was also a plus! We did call the hotel to see if they had adjoining rooms and were told that they did and to write a note in the comment section of our reservation that we wanted adjoining rooms. We did. Upon check in, we were met by a friendly hotel clerk that checked us in (and early on top of that). When we got to our rooms, we realized that they were next to each other but not adjoining. Called down to the desk to see if it was a mistake and was told that all of the adjoining rooms were already taken and that they are never guaranteed. We were put on a waiting list so that when one became available we'd get to move rooms. It is still such a busy time of the year down south, that we never got to move rooms, however, we still loved our stay! The only reason I am even mentioning this is so people traveling with children can plan ahead if they have to have adjoining rooms.

The hotel is just a couple of blocks from Disneyland and is within a block of the Anaheim Garden Walk. You can see the Disneyland fireworks from the hotel which was an added perk. This Motel 6 features a huge lobby with a business and sitting area, coffee station (free coffee each morning), multiple vending machines, arcade games, gift shop, restrooms, a microwave for hotel guests to use and several dining tables for people to sit and eat at. They also offer mini fridges for $3.99 a day but they aren't guaranteed as well unless you book a room online with a mini fridge. We brought a cooler filled with food and hoped to transfer it to a fridge when we got there but the fridges were all reserved. We just kept our cooler filled with ice from the ice machine that was two rooms away. It was nice to not have to eat out for every meal and have the use of a microwave downstairs to heat food.

The hotel was packed but we found our stay to be quiet. Around 7 in the morning, the noise would pick up a bit as people got up and headed out for the park and would then again later in the evening. The pool was always filled with people and even then, we didn't hear much noise even though we were near it. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were huge! Much larger than several other newly remodeled Motel 6's we've stayed at.

All in all, we had a comfortable 4 night stay and plan to return. Can't beat the price and the hotel staff were all very friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Summer0fstars
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Appreciated the fact that they had rooms available at midnight, but was definitely not impressed with the remodeled rooms. The sheets and floors were dirty... :( It was extremely loud 'til around 3am, and that's understood since there so many families. The noise from the people walking up and down the hallway seemed like it was inside the room.

Best thing would be the flat screen TV. But for the price, expected a bit more.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We have stayed in many different Hotels and Motels by the Disneyland Resort. By far this hotel has had the best customer service. I would not say this hotel is within walking distance. After a full day at the park walking back would in my opinion be a nightmare. They do have a shuttle service which we did not use because we have free parking at the resort.

Because we arrived a night early we had to take the only room available and were switched the next morning to another room so that we could have ground floor access. The hotel staff made this transition very easy. The rooms are spacious but are lacking in drawers. They do have cubbies where you can stick your clothes. The beds are on the harder side, which I didn't mind. After reading reviews we chose to bring our own towels which was a good idea. The rooms do not have coffee makers but the lobby offers coffee, lattes, and hot chocolate in the morning time. This is the first hotel that I have stayed at in the area where I heard hardly any noise from the outside or other rooms.

The pool was very clean. There are ice machines on every floor. One weird complaint is the hotel rooms are numbered rather weirdly and it took a few minutes to locate our room on the first night. All of the evens are on one row and the odds are on the backside. The map used to show where the rooms are is rather confusing as well.

If you want something within budget, that offers smoking rooms, and is pet friendly this hotel is perfect.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Where do I start? The positive reviews for ths place are hard to believe. When we arrived the girl at the front desk was rude and suggested that I haul both my luggage and my special needs child up the stairs because the housekeepers and other guests were using the elevator. Then she proceeded to direct me to go up the wrong elevator so I had to haul both my kid and a large luggage rack up two times. When we finally got to the room the air conditioning was broken s we had to move anyway. The regerigeratorvi paid extra for barely kept anything cold, and the air conditioning never really cooled the room. Both the sink and tub backed up. The wifi either dd not work or was too slow to use depending on the day. My feet turned black from walking on the floor in the room. I think the grossest part was when we were returning to our room the first night and I stepped in a puddle of urine on the steps outside whie wearing sandals. Management has been made aware of all of this and did not even offer to replace my sandals. I do not advise buying into the positive reviews for this place.

Room Tip: Stay someplace else, even if you have to drive a little to get to Disneyland!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Anastasia B
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Our room and towels were dirty and my husband and I found two cockroaches. Staff admitted to it not being a first time complaint about the bugs. After a huge ordeal they refunded us half of our money. It's worth paying extra money to stay somewhere clean. I'll never stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012