“Clean and Reasonable Priced Motel”

Little Boy Blue Motel
Ranked #97 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed December 13, 2008

After viewing the internet and reviewing a number of motels, Little Boy Blue Motel had the best rating for its location (near Disneyland), cleaniness and price.

We booked 2 Queens Rooms from 12/23/2008 to 12/29/2008 making the motel our base for our visits to the various theme parks - Disney, Californian, Knotts Berry, Universal, SeaWorld.

No regrets in choosing Little Boy Blue as the rooms were clean, large size white towels and most importantly the rooms were being serviced daily.

The Continental Breakfast served were very basic - Plain or toasted bread with butter and jam, crossaints, tea/coffee. It perfectly suit our daily needs before embarking on our visits to the Theme parks.

Overall, I give a 8 over 10 ratings for their good housekeeping and managment of this motel

Chia JH
Singapore

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank ChiaJH

Reviewed November 2, 2008

Wasnt sure what to expect from this place. Booked it beacuse it was reasonably cheap and close to the Disney parks. On arrival its just a small office on the front, with the rooms behind, off the street. It has been recently refurbished and the rooms are clean, comfortable and well proportioned. The decor is interesting, walls are a sort of green colour, but that doest really matter to me i guess. They have the quickest internet connection i have ever experienced in a hotel up to now. truly amazingly quick. There is a pool. Its only a short walk to the Theme Park gates, give yourself about 15 minutes i guess. On the other side of the street is Anaheim Garden Walk which has shops and about 30 or so restaurants and a cinema. Very good selection of everything.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed October 6, 2008

Reading the previous reviews I was uncertain so out of necessity we only stayed 2 nights. (We had spent 3 nights at the RCI 'resort' hotel down the street but they did not have room our last 2 nights.) All in all I preferred the Little Boy Blue.

It is one of the few remaining 1950 - 60s 'mom & pop' hotels which used to dominate the area. (Most were torn down to make room for Calif. Adventure.) Staying there brought back memories of when my parents took me to Disneyland. It allowed me to pass on some historical and cultural information to my college-age son.

Attractive and recently re-furbished rooms were clean and opened onto the parking lot. Unlike the new hotels, there was adequate parking. My son and his friends stayed out much later than I did so, for the price of a small suite elsewhere, we got 2 rooms close to each other. This also allowed for 2 bathrooms in the morning.

I did notice a faint smell of new paint in the room & that "this building is very airtight" smell. The smell went away when I left the door open for a few moments. Once I realized I had to turn on the nearby electrical switch, there was a working air conditioner. However, as is true for most of Calif buildings built in the same era, the room cooled off better if I left a window half open at night; I only wish they had not put in such 21st century insulating curtains. There were no bell-boys and the owner actually sometimes worked the front-desk. The staff were helpful and made us the same reservations a hospitality table attendant would have. However, we had to know what to asked the staff for; the staff did not try to sell us anything or suggest extra "add-ons.".

I have to say staying here was one of the highlights of my trip - mainly because of the nostalgia it invoked

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank MomLinda
Reviewed July 29, 2008

The motel more than exceeded our expectations. My family spent four nights at the Little Boy Blue and since we were out most of the time and just needed a room to sleep in, this was perfect. The rooms have recently been renovated, the queen size beds (2) are exactly that, queen size. The restroom was nice with plenty of plush towels. Oh, the location is what really helps. You can walk to Disneyland but if we took the ARTS (shuttle) since we spent all day at disneyland and didn't want to walk. The ARTS is almost right outside the motel and drops you off at the front of the park, very convenient. It's also close to I-5 as we went to Knotts and Universal, so very close to the freeway. The room had a working tv but we didn't have time. If you're looking for a nice, quiet, clean place to sleep and shower, then this is perfect. There aren't many extra "amenities" but what you save in rooms you can spend on other things for your family. I had never stayed here before but I will definitely stay again and even more, I would recommend the Little Boy Blue to my friends and family.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2008

This motel review is mostly positive because it met most of my (albeit simple) travel needs. As others say, the location is great (a mile from Angels Stadium, it abuts a Disneyland parking lot etc.). There are a ton of restaurants, shops, small markets etc. within walking distance and, no kidding, there must be 20 places that deliver to the motel. The room has a big fridge and a microwave, along with some vending and an ice machine, to make in-room eating simple/affordable. The room was quiet and, partially due to the white noise of the AC, I slept like a baby. The owners, a family, are just the nicest people. There are complimentary pastries/doughnuts and juice in the morning, and there is a toaster in the office for use as well. My room was large, with plenty of space and two big beds, and had a more-than-decent bathroom with a pile of thick, clean towels and great smelling bath soap!
The downside? Well, if where you are staying is less expensive than everywhere else in town, there are some tiny things that (according to previous reviewers) must tick some people off. The pool is very small, really just for kids, but a decent place for your kids to hang out while you prep dinner etc. Also, my carpet was heavily stained, though it was plush and clearly vacuumed from corner to corner.
If you need restaurants, a big pool and facilities in your hotel, then do not stay at this MOTEL! If you want to spend your time and money in the parks, eateries, bars etc. and not on your lodging, then why stay anywhere else (unless you enjoy spending more cash for these things)?

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank KevinShea
Reviewed July 1, 2008

We were looking for basic accomadations when travelling with our family to Disneyland. We searched online and found rates for this motel. Warning!! website pictures are very out of date.

Having said that when we called we were guaranteed that the motel was better than other reivews by the owners as they had just taken over last fall and were renovating. When we arrived....they were correct and renovating rooms. However we had booked two rooms.....one had been renovated and the other had not. Make sure if you book you are in a renovated room.

They also said they provided a continental breakfast.....this was not as one would expect. You got a basic sugar fix consisiting of hostess twinkies, animal crackers, and packaged cookies. There was no such thing as fruit, toast and coffee to be found.

On the plus side the rooms were clean, the desk staff very friendly and helpful...and the price was great for basic accomadation as you never spend much time in the room when in Disneyland. If you are on a budget.....great value for a basic room witihn walking distance to Downtwn Disney and Disneyland.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2008

I was searching for an inexpensive place for 5 nights. I found this place on a website. I am surprised by the friendliness of the staff (family). The room was decently clean. It has a mini fridge and a microwave. The TV has basic channels. They also have wireless internet. It is not Hilton, but you get good value for what you pay. If I come back to Anaheim and search for an inexpensive stay, this is one of the places I would look first.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business