“You Do NOT Want This Motel, THE WORST EVER!”

Little Boy Blue Motel
Ranked #93 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Drain, Oregon
“You Do NOT Want This Motel, THE WORST EVER!”
Reviewed March 31, 2011

I have stayed in alot of motels in my life, but this is for sure the worst. When my wife and I arrived they didn't offer us two key cards for the room. When we arrived at the door we couldn't get in. We went back to the office and they reprogrammed the card and it worked now. We had to get our one card reprogrammed two other times during our 3 day/4 nights. When we finally were able to get into the room it smelt weird, like another reveiwer mentioned, maybe cheap perfume. I went up to the office to let them know the internet wasn't working but they just didn't care. I noticed the one smoke detector hanging off the wall by one wire (picture). I called the front desk and told the woman about this, she just said "OK". I also told here husband the next morning, he replied "OK". When we checked out after 4 nights the only smoke detector was still hanging by one wire (picture). We also noticed that the carpet had horrible stains and was just plain ugly and disgusting. The bathroom sink was also ugly and broken (picture). At one point my wife called me into the bathroom because she couldn't get the water to drain. I found myself on my hands and knees manuelly fliping the lever, ON MY VACATION! It was very hard to sleep between the horrible pillows and the obvious lack of any insulation or sound proofing in the walls. The pillows were honestly the worst I have ever put my head on. I could hear every word my neighbors were saying. I could hear every word of my neighbors to the north, the poor guy was getting his butt chewed out all the time. The couple on the other side were having sex all the time, I am glads my kids weren't with me. The breakfast in the morning was the biggest joke ever. One loaf of white value bread next to a toaster, and two woven baskets, one basket always had two small bear claws, like the ones you would buy at warehouse in a 20 pack. The other backet had two small packages of the small donuts, one choc. and one white powder. They would always open the donuts on one end in hopes that you would only take one or two I guess. These were the very small donuts. No fruit anywhere. This joke continued every morning. We had to go eat breakfast somewhere else every morning. One morning while my wife was in the shower and I was trying to get dressed, someone started pounding on our door. I put my pants on quickly. I opened the door to see the male manager standing there with the master door key about ready to let himself in. I asked him what he wanted. He asked my in a loud voice, "Did you take my tray? My gray coffee tray?" I said "No", then he just walked to the next room and started pounding on the door. What a jerk! He was just going to let himself in the room. Does he often walk in on people changing clothes or walking around naked??? This guy is unbeleivable! When we went to check out the last morning, I walked up to the office with the key card. I found another guest just standing at the counter. I asked her if anyone was helping her (she looked mad). She replied "I don't know where they are, I have been ringing the bell for at least 10 minutes". I told her " I have to get out of this place", and I put my key card on the counter. I gave this place one star because I couldn't give it a half star. Trust me you do NOT want to stay at this place at any price.

Room Tip: Do NOT stay here, you will be sorry!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
9 Thank OregonGuy9

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed March 23, 2011

Too much to list, so I will just keep this short. I know this is an economy motel, but COME ON!

Weird smell in bathroom, like strong cheap perfume.
Very rude and unprofessional male manager. Too much to list.
Internet never worked.
Key card had to be reprogrammed several times.
Breakfast was a bad joke. The worst ever!
I could hear all my neighbors talking, every word, no soundproofing.
The pillows were the worst I have ever seen in my life!
Saw employees looking into the cars.

Never Again! Very stressful staying here. The worst of the economy motels near D.L.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank sammy196212

Travelers are raving about these Anaheim hotels

Oakley, California
Reviewed March 3, 2011

My fiance and I took his sister and boyfriend to disneyland for valentines day. It was supposed to be a romantic vacation with his sister boyfriend proposing to her at disneyland. We had numerous men pounding at our door at 2 and 3 o'clock in the morning asking us if we were selling pot. Then realizing that it was the wrong room. Our neighbors were drug dealers!!!!!!!!!!! needless to say the cops were called and the owner did nothing about it. DO NOT STAY HERE UNLESS YOU WANT TO BUY SOME DRUGS!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank AshleyBouchard
Hanford
Reviewed November 8, 2010

THe rooms were quite dirty and smelly and had not been kept up to well. The beds did not have fitted sheets which made it kind of awkward to sleep in. The price was pretty steep so when went to anaheim again we stayed at a better place right across the street for a better price.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank bekatomasetti
UK
Reviewed August 15, 2010

We used this place as base to go to Disneyland, so we just used this place to sleep whist we were out all day on the rides. But this place was perfect for that job, it was clean, safe and cheap. It isn't a five star place, you do get what you pay for. It is only about ten minute walk to Disneyland. This place says it has a pool and it does, however it is in the carpark.
Breakfast can also get a little crowded, as it is served from a small desk in reception.
But if you're a couple on a budget or travelling and going to Disneyland, then this place is great.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas
Reviewed August 15, 2010

Yes, this hotel was affordable. I did not expect to be treated like a queen after what I had paid. However, I did expect to be treated with respect. I arrived a day before my family, since they were coming from Alaska. They presummed that it would just be me in the room since I had checked in solo. The first few days were OK, but things turned when my nephews grandparents came to take the family to Disneyland. They wanted to park in the hotels lot, since my sister and I did not bring a car. The owners refused. Fine. They parked in the Disneyland parking. They next day the grandparents drove up to say goodbye to my nephew. After saying goodbye they left. We then went out front to wait for a cab. The owner saw us and began to harrass my sister, asking what room was she in, and saying that the grandparents had stayed with us for 2 days. The grandparents had been smart and stayed at an exquisite hotel. My sister denied the false accusations and the owner left. I followed him into his office and asked him if there was a problem. He said that there was only one person in my room and showed me the card that said there was one person. I told him that I had booked through a travel site and had specified the amount of people in the room. Upon check in they never asked me how many people were suppossed to be in the room. They were so busy counting the money I had given them that I don't think they cared to ask. Plus, when I checked in I had asked for 2 double beds and 2 keys. Why would I do that for one person? After informing the owner of the travel site specifications he became happy and said, "Oh, OK!" I was going to approach the owner after we came back from San Diego that day but I figured we had 2 more days left on that 9 day reservation. Why bother? Keep quiet and leave on checkout day. I also developed insaine hives after staying there. I have never had hives so I know it was because of the motel. My family also broke out in a rash. Yes, this motel is close to the Gardenwalk and Disneyland, but if you do not want to be want to be harrassed, falsely accussed, and watched 24/7 I think you should stay somewhere else. The extra money you pay will be well worth it.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank QTDQ
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 24, 2010

We visited Anaheim for the Blizzcon 2009. This motel looks quite old from outside but the rooms were really great for the price. I love Bubba Gump Shrimps so I was very happy to discover that there is one just across the street. Rooms very clean and so the bathroom. I had to cancel one night but that was no problem for the owners. There is a pool which we didn't use and free Internet. Located only 10 minutes slow walk from the Anaheim Convention Center (Blizzcon) and the Disneyland. Recommended!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple