“Great value and walking distance to Disneyland”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland)
Ranked #38 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed October 18, 2010

Stayed here twice now for our Disneyland trip.
Room is spacious and clean.
Free wireless access and $10 per day resort fee for parking.
Approximately 15 minutes walking distance away from Disneyland (Downtown Disneyland). Walking is much faster compare to $4 per day shuttle bus. Last time I waited for 45 minutes for the shuttle bus.
Improvements needed:
-Hotel elevator usually is quite slow and needs improvement.
-Shower head and bathtub needs to be upgraded or fix.

Overall: Nice budget hotel within the walking distance to Disneyland and will stay again in the future.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,289)

Reviewed October 17, 2010

It takes about 15 minutes to walk to Disneyland.
We once took a shuttle but to the park, but we had to wait for a long time and the bus was going around other hotels, took us longer time to get to the park. We decided to walk to the park during the 3 days stay, which was faster than waiting for a bus.
You can take the monorail from Downtown Disney to the park.

Room is newly remodeled, nice and clean, and has a free wireless.
There is $10 resort fee per day.

Overall, it's a good hotel to stay when visiting Disneyland Resort, and we'll stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 17, 2010

The hotel was clean and comfortable. We booked a King Suite which had a sofa bed for the kids in a separate living room. It has many conveniences such as a nice pool, gym, restaurant, bar, little gift store and also has vending machines for those late night snacks. There are also ice machines available on each floor as well as a laundry which is handy when traveling with kids. There is a shuttle bus that operates to/from Disneyland which we found convenient and efficient. We did stay during the week so we didnt have to wait to long for rides at Disneyland. The staff were friendly and helpful with all our questions. There is a safety deposit box which could fit my laptop. The restaurant was efficient, though the food was a little basic. Overall we enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Stayed here for three nights booked on Priceline.com for $35/night. This hotel was recently completed renovated to reflect the new theming for Holiday Inn Hotels. The only way to really describe it is that it was like staying at a W Hotel without the fake hipness of the W chain.

Entering the lobby, the place looks clean, modern, and inviting. Check-in was simple and the staff was very friendly. They take the time to provide maps to/of Disneyland Resort and surrounding area and clearly mark the best route to the Resort based on your mode of transportation. While I am a local and did not really need the extra information, the personal attention was much appreciated.

I received a room in Building 3 right next to the rear elevator. I was able to park my car right in front of the Building 3 door, go up the elevator, and walk four steps to my door. After 15 hours at the park, this was the perfect room.

The room itself is decently sized and wireless internet is provided. The view was of Mickey and Friends Parking Garage, but there really aren't hotels that offer views of the parks anyway so I did not mind. The LCD HDTV completed the modern feel of the room although the HD feed was not as great as it could be. The king bed was plush and featured excellent pillows (both soft and hard) and allowed for an excellent night's sleep. The restroom had shower and toilet separate from the sinks which is always appreciated when not traveling alone. Toiletries were very nice as well.

From the hotel's parking lot to Downtown Disney or the Mickey and Friends parking garage is around a 5-10-minute drive. Even though the hotel is right next to the parking garage, the road has a center median and you have to either drive on Walnut past the resort, make a U-turn, and enter on Magic Way OR take Ball Road to Disneyland Drive. It probably takes less time to walk to the resort.

The only problem I had during my stay was a lost white t-shirt. It was on the bed and housekeeping probably took it when they replaced the sheets. The staff did not seem concerned enough to keep an eye out for the shirt. I also left a memory foam pillow after I checked out and called back a few times to try to get someone who could check lost and found. There is apparently only one person who holds the key to the lost and found and that person is never actually at the hotel. Every time I've called they've asked me to call back during "normal business hours". 10am and 3:30pm apparently do not count as normal hours...but neither does 11pm.

Overall it was a great stay and will be my go-to Anaheim hotel from now on. I've stayed at the Anaheim Doubletree (on The City Drive) and Anaheim Marriott (on West Convention Way) on previous visits to Disneyland Resort and the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites far surpassed my experience at those other hotels.

To top it off, a gift shop is located on-site for last-minute Disneyland gifts.

A 24-hour Food 4 Less is located within a 5-minute drive from the hotel. Drive down Walnut and make a right onto Katella. The market is 2-3 blocks down the street. Perfect for snacks/drinks late at night or to bring to the park.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2010

I stayed in the 2 bedroom suite with my husband, mother, mother-in-law, sister-in-law and 10 yr. old nephew for 3 nights/4 days (nephews 10th bday). There were six of us in this VERY spacious room and never once did I feel over crowded. The suites have their own building next to the pool, bar, restaurant, main lobby, etc. We had a fantastic view of the fireworks from Disneyland every night. The hotel offered movie nights in the pool area with popcorn. The lounge area around the pool/bar area was nice and was an excellent place to chill out with a drink. When we went to get the shuttle to go to Disneyland, we did not wait more than 10 mins. and the shuttle got us there quickly. The room we were in was very nice, spacious and clean. It had two bedrooms, one room had two queens and the master had 1 king, plus there was a pull sofa bed out in the living room. The room had a living room with bar area/ kitchen and there was a microwave, fridge, sink and coffee maker (pretty good coffee to). The room had 2 bathrooms, a definite necessity with 4 women in one room! The room service was incredible and not too overpriced. I highly recommend this hotel. It was a great vacation!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2010

We booked this hotel through Hotwire and ended up being extremely disappointed in our accommodations. I know that is one of the risks with Hotwire... but we have had good luck in the past.
The staff member who checked us in was rude and quite frankly did not care if we were there or not. We reserved two rooms and they charged us a $10 per day (plus tax) per room resort fee. Trust me when I say this is NOT a resort. They also charged an additional $50 per room deposit ....which they refunded upon checkout.
On a positive note, the hotel has had some recent renovations and is fairly clean. Our rooms were very small and they did not have refrigerators. They also do not have adjoining rooms which is important information if you are traveling with small children and want two rooms one for the kids and one for the adults.
The pool was too cold for my kids to swim and that was disappointing.
While close to Disneyland there are no restaurants (or shopping) within walking distance. You will definitely need a car if you stay in this hotel.
I would not recommend this hotel as there are nicer hotels out there with better accommodations and prices.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank heart2go210
Reviewed October 6, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel twice now. Both times thru Priceline. In Jan '10 I paid $35 a night. GREAT DEAL. In Oct, I paid $51 a night. Ok deal. The part that bugs me is the "resort fee" of $10 a night. At $35 a night I did not complain. But when I "won" this hotel again at $51, the $10 made the hotel $61 a night. I could have stayed at others just as nice for the same price. Also, I've been to resorts. Having a pool and a hot tub does not make it a resort. Parking and internet, still not a resort. Out of all of these, all I used was the parking. On the plus, the hotel is nice and clean and newly updated. When we entered the room, the beds were not made, so they moved us to another room. Not a big deal. But, 2 full beds is not really what I wanted. When i asked for a King, I was told those go fast, and they don't have many of them (resort?). It is not "1 block from disneyland". you have to walk a ways. Not horrible, but still a bit of a walk. We were the only 2 people I saw doing it each day. If I had a choice, I would not stay here again just because of the resort fee. What is to stop them from saying it's $50 a night? When I pay my price, I don't want someone adding items I have no choice over. As long as they have the resort fee, I can not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple