Stayed here for three nights booked on Priceline.com for $35/night. This hotel was recently completed renovated to reflect the new theming for Holiday Inn Hotels. The only way to really describe it is that it was like staying at a W Hotel without the fake hipness of the W chain.
Entering the lobby, the place looks clean, modern, and inviting. Check-in was simple and the staff was very friendly. They take the time to provide maps to/of Disneyland Resort and surrounding area and clearly mark the best route to the Resort based on your mode of transportation. While I am a local and did not really need the extra information, the personal attention was much appreciated.
I received a room in Building 3 right next to the rear elevator. I was able to park my car right in front of the Building 3 door, go up the elevator, and walk four steps to my door. After 15 hours at the park, this was the perfect room.
The room itself is decently sized and wireless internet is provided. The view was of Mickey and Friends Parking Garage, but there really aren't hotels that offer views of the parks anyway so I did not mind. The LCD HDTV completed the modern feel of the room although the HD feed was not as great as it could be. The king bed was plush and featured excellent pillows (both soft and hard) and allowed for an excellent night's sleep. The restroom had shower and toilet separate from the sinks which is always appreciated when not traveling alone. Toiletries were very nice as well.
From the hotel's parking lot to Downtown Disney or the Mickey and Friends parking garage is around a 5-10-minute drive. Even though the hotel is right next to the parking garage, the road has a center median and you have to either drive on Walnut past the resort, make a U-turn, and enter on Magic Way OR take Ball Road to Disneyland Drive. It probably takes less time to walk to the resort.
The only problem I had during my stay was a lost white t-shirt. It was on the bed and housekeeping probably took it when they replaced the sheets. The staff did not seem concerned enough to keep an eye out for the shirt. I also left a memory foam pillow after I checked out and called back a few times to try to get someone who could check lost and found. There is apparently only one person who holds the key to the lost and found and that person is never actually at the hotel. Every time I've called they've asked me to call back during "normal business hours". 10am and 3:30pm apparently do not count as normal hours...but neither does 11pm.
Overall it was a great stay and will be my go-to Anaheim hotel from now on. I've stayed at the Anaheim Doubletree (on The City Drive) and Anaheim Marriott (on West Convention Way) on previous visits to Disneyland Resort and the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites far surpassed my experience at those other hotels.
To top it off, a gift shop is located on-site for last-minute Disneyland gifts.
A 24-hour Food 4 Less is located within a 5-minute drive from the hotel. Drive down Walnut and make a right onto Katella. The market is 2-3 blocks down the street. Perfect for snacks/drinks late at night or to bring to the park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our newly renovated property presents guests with a fun and modern art deco ambiance suitable for both business travelers and families alike. This amenities-rich, full-service hotel offers spacious guestrooms and suites at an affordable rate right in the heart of Orange County, adjacent to Disneyland(R), Disney's California Adventure(R), Downtown Disney(R), and with easy access to the Anaheim Convention Center, and many other Southern California attractions. Now welcoming small dogs!! A fee does apply. Book our 60th Anniversary package and receive a $60 food and beverage credit during your stay. (One $60 credit voucher per stay) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites Anaheim (1 Blk/Disneyland)
- Holiday Inn Hotel Anaheim
- Holiday Inn Anaheim
- Anaheim Holiday Inn