“The PERFECT room to return to after a hard day at Disneyland”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland)
Ranked #44 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Berkeley, CA
“The PERFECT room to return to after a hard day at Disneyland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

Stayed here for three nights booked on Priceline.com for $35/night. This hotel was recently completed renovated to reflect the new theming for Holiday Inn Hotels. The only way to really describe it is that it was like staying at a W Hotel without the fake hipness of the W chain.

Entering the lobby, the place looks clean, modern, and inviting. Check-in was simple and the staff was very friendly. They take the time to provide maps to/of Disneyland Resort and surrounding area and clearly mark the best route to the Resort based on your mode of transportation. While I am a local and did not really need the extra information, the personal attention was much appreciated.

I received a room in Building 3 right next to the rear elevator. I was able to park my car right in front of the Building 3 door, go up the elevator, and walk four steps to my door. After 15 hours at the park, this was the perfect room.

The room itself is decently sized and wireless internet is provided. The view was of Mickey and Friends Parking Garage, but there really aren't hotels that offer views of the parks anyway so I did not mind. The LCD HDTV completed the modern feel of the room although the HD feed was not as great as it could be. The king bed was plush and featured excellent pillows (both soft and hard) and allowed for an excellent night's sleep. The restroom had shower and toilet separate from the sinks which is always appreciated when not traveling alone. Toiletries were very nice as well.

From the hotel's parking lot to Downtown Disney or the Mickey and Friends parking garage is around a 5-10-minute drive. Even though the hotel is right next to the parking garage, the road has a center median and you have to either drive on Walnut past the resort, make a U-turn, and enter on Magic Way OR take Ball Road to Disneyland Drive. It probably takes less time to walk to the resort.

The only problem I had during my stay was a lost white t-shirt. It was on the bed and housekeeping probably took it when they replaced the sheets. The staff did not seem concerned enough to keep an eye out for the shirt. I also left a memory foam pillow after I checked out and called back a few times to try to get someone who could check lost and found. There is apparently only one person who holds the key to the lost and found and that person is never actually at the hotel. Every time I've called they've asked me to call back during "normal business hours". 10am and 3:30pm apparently do not count as normal hours...but neither does 11pm.

Overall it was a great stay and will be my go-to Anaheim hotel from now on. I've stayed at the Anaheim Doubletree (on The City Drive) and Anaheim Marriott (on West Convention Way) on previous visits to Disneyland Resort and the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites far surpassed my experience at those other hotels.

To top it off, a gift shop is located on-site for last-minute Disneyland gifts.

A 24-hour Food 4 Less is located within a 5-minute drive from the hotel. Drive down Walnut and make a right onto Katella. The market is 2-3 blocks down the street. Perfect for snacks/drinks late at night or to bring to the park.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Mesa, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

I stayed in the 2 bedroom suite with my husband, mother, mother-in-law, sister-in-law and 10 yr. old nephew for 3 nights/4 days (nephews 10th bday). There were six of us in this VERY spacious room and never once did I feel over crowded. The suites have their own building next to the pool, bar, restaurant, main lobby, etc. We had a fantastic view of the fireworks from Disneyland every night. The hotel offered movie nights in the pool area with popcorn. The lounge area around the pool/bar area was nice and was an excellent place to chill out with a drink. When we went to get the shuttle to go to Disneyland, we did not wait more than 10 mins. and the shuttle got us there quickly. The room we were in was very nice, spacious and clean. It had two bedrooms, one room had two queens and the master had 1 king, plus there was a pull sofa bed out in the living room. The room had a living room with bar area/ kitchen and there was a microwave, fridge, sink and coffee maker (pretty good coffee to). The room had 2 bathrooms, a definite necessity with 4 women in one room! The room service was incredible and not too overpriced. I highly recommend this hotel. It was a great vacation!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
SLC, UT
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2010

We booked this hotel through Hotwire and ended up being extremely disappointed in our accommodations. I know that is one of the risks with Hotwire... but we have had good luck in the past.
The staff member who checked us in was rude and quite frankly did not care if we were there or not. We reserved two rooms and they charged us a $10 per day (plus tax) per room resort fee. Trust me when I say this is NOT a resort. They also charged an additional $50 per room deposit ....which they refunded upon checkout.
On a positive note, the hotel has had some recent renovations and is fairly clean. Our rooms were very small and they did not have refrigerators. They also do not have adjoining rooms which is important information if you are traveling with small children and want two rooms one for the kids and one for the adults.
The pool was too cold for my kids to swim and that was disappointing.
While close to Disneyland there are no restaurants (or shopping) within walking distance. You will definitely need a car if you stay in this hotel.
I would not recommend this hotel as there are nicer hotels out there with better accommodations and prices.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank heart2go210
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel twice now. Both times thru Priceline. In Jan '10 I paid $35 a night. GREAT DEAL. In Oct, I paid $51 a night. Ok deal. The part that bugs me is the "resort fee" of $10 a night. At $35 a night I did not complain. But when I "won" this hotel again at $51, the $10 made the hotel $61 a night. I could have stayed at others just as nice for the same price. Also, I've been to resorts. Having a pool and a hot tub does not make it a resort. Parking and internet, still not a resort. Out of all of these, all I used was the parking. On the plus, the hotel is nice and clean and newly updated. When we entered the room, the beds were not made, so they moved us to another room. Not a big deal. But, 2 full beds is not really what I wanted. When i asked for a King, I was told those go fast, and they don't have many of them (resort?). It is not "1 block from disneyland". you have to walk a ways. Not horrible, but still a bit of a walk. We were the only 2 people I saw doing it each day. If I had a choice, I would not stay here again just because of the resort fee. What is to stop them from saying it's $50 a night? When I pay my price, I don't want someone adding items I have no choice over. As long as they have the resort fee, I can not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
San Diego, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2010

Overall, we were very pleased. The first woman we spoke to when we came to check in early (just to let them know we were in the area because we'd not be returning until after 10pm), was quite rude and said that she couldn't do any paperwork because we were too early. So we left. But, when we returned at night, the man at the desk was super friendly. The rest of the staff was friendly.

The hotel was clean and ran nicely. Our room was just like most hotel rooms in the area. The beds were comfortable and sheets were soft. There were plenty of pillows (more than one type too). When we entered the room the clock was unplugged so we plugged it in. We found out through the night that the reason it was unplugged was because it made a random annoying noise off and on. (informed the manager and he said "thank you" and called maintenance but this didn't really help us since we were checking out).

We ate breakfast in the dining area and were pleased. Kids eat free was a bonus. The kids' pancakes were shaped like Mickey and they really liked that. The waitress was very pleasant.

Not walking distance from Disneyland and the shuttle is extra. I'm not quite sure what the "resort fee" covered because pretty much everything was extra. The shuttle was $4 per adult and $1 per child. The media room was clean but you have to pay to use the computers (15 mins for free but you have to put your credit card info in to even get the 10 mins and then it charges an hourly fee). We didn't bring a laptop so I don't know about wifi. The hotel is next to the large parking structure of Disneyland (we could see the cars from our window). At night you can see the fireworks really well from the parking lot of the hotel. Parking was "free" as in you didn't pay extra for it, but you do pay a nightly resort fee, so I'm not calling it free.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank EsKezzy
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2010

Stayed for 3 nights in a suite. Great hotel, friendly staff. Nice rooms with comfy beds, clean bedding etc. Nice bathroom.

Good clean pool area.

Was quiet - we expected quite a bit of noise at the hotel due to the location etc, but none !! So would recommend to everyone, with or without children (we had no children other than ourselves J)

Ate here quite a bit, food was good.

If pressed, the only bad thing I can mention is one morning during breakfast we were asked by the waiter to pay the bill there and then – mid breakfast. So we had to leave our cooked breakfast to sort out the bill as the waiter was finishing his shift. We thought this was a little rude and should really have passed it to another waiter to take payment once we had finished / or even when ordering.

Overall, a great stay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank helsenhelsen
SIERRA VISTA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2010

I stayed at this hotel Aug. 26-31st. I have not written any hotel reviews before, but after my stay here I felt compelled to warn others about this place.
Cons:
Upon check-in, my little girl started crying because the room smelled terrible. It literally smelled like sewage. I called the front desk and asked to be moved. We were moved to the room next door that the housekeeper had just finished.This room did not have the nasty smell, but the dressers and counters in the room had a layer of dust on them about an inch thick....ewwww!!! So,we called the front desk about this as well. They sent the housekeeping supervisor to take care of it and she was apologetic,explaining that the woman who cleaned our room was still in training. So,went on about our vacation assuming it was just a fluke, because every hotel can just have a bad day. The next day when we came back into our room there was only one washcloth replaced and one soap ( for 4 people) I called the front desk and they said they would send some down to our room. We never got them. The next morning I took some off a housekeeping cart. So, the major problem was the used crack pipe my boyfriend found on the floor by the bed. Yuck! That was it for me...I grabbed it with a tissue and asked to speak to the manager. I showed him the item and explained to him the problems I had been having. He did try to rectify the situation by giving us 2 free breakfasts in the restaurant and they did not charge me the fee for the refrigerator ($10 a day), he also told me he held a meeting with housekeeping to fix the problems.What happened? The remaining days we still received one washcloth and soap!! UGh!!! Other cons: The beds were soooo hard I might as well have been sleeping on a slab of concrete..my poor aching back! The pool was discolored maybe from chemicals? Dunno! The restaurant was pricey. If you order pancakes you have to pay $7.99 but juice or coffee will cost a few dollars more and plus any breakfast meat with the pancakes will be an additional $3.79!!! WOW!! It was literally cheaper for us to eat breakfast in the parks.
Pros: Roberto the manager was very nice and tried to be accomodating. The air conditioner worked really well! It was nice to come back to a cool room in the afternoon. And...the coffee...wow it was good. IT is a single-server coffee machine, but the rainforest coffee was very good.
So, Overall I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone. I got a great price through Priceline, but I would up my bid next time for a 3 star hotel next time.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank DisneyMomma74