TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
1,421 results
All reviews kids eat free onyx restaurant splash pad parking lot minute walk gift shop restaurant staff front desk staff after a long day art bus parking fee beds were comfortable near disney main gate small children pool and hot tub block
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hotel has outstanding staff everywhere: Front desk, room service, breakfast cooks and servers. Front desk personnel saved grandparents and kids twice by recovering our phone and a beloved toy. Rooms are very clean and beds are very comfortable. AC awesome. Buffet breakfast good way to start the day. Hotel in quiet area behind Disneyland parking garage and adjacent to a residential area off the main streets. Short walk to Disneyland shopping area and attractions or get bus tickets at the front desk and catch the ART bus out front every 30 minutes. Hotel store has necessities but closes at 10PM. Parked morning for our two night stay, and charged only for two nights. This Hotel is now our Disneyland favorite !!!!!

Room tip: Plan ahead and get room on lower floors, only one elevator for all 6 floors.
Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank PatValind
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Room is quite tight with 2 queens beds. Bathroom was tiny but the water pressure was amazing. That said the room was starting to show its high wear and age, water damage along the baseboards, bubbly wall paper and a strange film on the carpet that made you not want to walk around in bare feet.
While I don't have any big complaints, I am not ecstatic about the hotel either.

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank Sarah D
Reviewed September 15, 2019

We recently stayed here for a trip to Disneyland, the hotel is basic(ho-hum) and slightly past its prime but it did the job and met the expectations well. Rooms are a slightly smaller size than expected and have the full standard set of amenities. Cleaned and cared for promptly on a daily basis and very friendly and efficient staff in both the hotel and the restaurant. The restaurant food was good and the breakfast buffet was as expected. The hotel is definately not across from the main gate and is a good 15 minute walk to Disney but other than for that, a nice pleasant stroll. Would we stay there again - if another trip to Disney comes up proably will do so.

1  Thank Tomsterca2011
Reviewed September 14, 2019

Our family (two adults, two kids age 3 and infant) stayed here for our recent Disney trip. There are pros and cons for sure but a few reasons I would not stay here again.

PROS:
Close to Disneyland. 1 block - a very long block away. It is on the other side of the new parkade which is huge so a very long block but we still walked every day to/from the park. I wouldn't say it was close enough to comfortably exit the park and walk back to your hotel for nap time though. We rocked the stroller naps this week, difficult with a baby but we managed.

The price was the best we saw for a suite where we could put the kids to bed in a separate room and still be able to sit and watch tv or visit after they went to sleep. The room was large and they provided a crib which we were able to place in a dark corner of the room to put some distance between the baby and the 3 year old so they were *less* likely to wake one another. There was a small mini fridge so we were able to keep some drinks and snacks cold and pack them for the park each day.

The pool and splash park areas were nice. We only managed one day here but had fun when we did.

Kids eat free in the restaurant. If you have a toddler like ours who only wants to eat random things and ONLY those things for supper, you know how huge of a savings this can be. It is a pet peeve to pay for and order a child a meal only to have them poke at it and eat practically nothing. Knowing they are eating free anyways is a relief.

CONS:
The "theme" rooms are basically just having a large patch wallpapered with a Disney print and then items throughout that you could find at a dollar store like random decals and light switch plates. Our daughter was thrilled (she told us the first day she just wanted to stay in our room and "relax" haha) though so that is what matters most.

Although it is close to the park it is on the back side of the park and there is not a lot (or ANY) other options for restaurants and shops once you leave Downtown Disney. We likely spent more because we ate in Downtown Disney several times or in the park because we knew our only option was the hotel restaurant once we left. On the main hotel area at the front side of the parks there are way more economical options to choose from.

Along those same lines - the location is not near any pharmacy or Target etc for picking up items you might need like sunscreen, diapers etc etc. Unless you have a car or take an Uber, there is only the small hotel gift shop (where a 3 pack of diapers was $4.99) or the gas station next door to grab snacks and drinks etc. Again, more money than if you had the option of looking somewhere else.

Overall, it was alright. The check in went well, the staff usually greeted us in a friendly manner and I'd have considered another stay if the price were right BUT! The number one reason I would choose not to stay here again is this: while waiting for the restaurant to open one evening (they have select hours that they are available, also something to consider with meals and location) we were sitting in the lobby. It was quiet and there was a group of staff that had gathered near the front desk and they were chatting about their day and evening/weekend plans. No problem, I am happy to see that the staff seem to get along and enjoy where they work. They were discussing going for drinks and I overheard one of them loudly say "I don't need a DD, I drive better when I'm drunk." First of all, I hope that it was a joke as I hate thinking about someone under the influence driving around. Second, joking or not, this is a family hotel. There were young children present as well as youth that are impressionable and need as much of a positive influence in life as we can give them in this world. I was highly disappointed by this kind of unprofessionalism.

Date of stay: September 2019
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland), responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi formertravelagent,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a candid review. While I am glad that you had a great time at the pool and splash park, I was also concerned to read your comments about our staff. I understand your dismay and I am sorry. This is not the elevated experience that we wanted for all of our guests and I will make sure to share your comments with our team for necessary improvements needed on our end.

I still hope you would give us another chance in the future and this time, we will show you a better stay.

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed September 13, 2019

I recently stayed at the hotel for a bussines trip and i discovered they charged me 300 dlls extra, i called them to check and they said that i had broken a TV, i tryed to explaine that i didnt and that they seid everything was ok when i checked out. I don't think is fair that i get charged for something i didnt do, i wouldnt be here writting. I hope there is something that can be done.

• Trip type: Traveled on business