“Great for Disneyland Access”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland)
Ranked #44 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Melbourne, Australia
“Great for Disneyland Access”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2006

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights, mainly to see Disneyland. The hotel was really nice, staff helpful, and Disneyland and bus tours close-by.
The only thing is there's not much within walking distance in terms of restaurants or night-life, but the hotel bar and restaurant did the trick for the 3 nights we were there.

• Liked — Clean and nice for price
  • Disliked — Nothing nearby except Disneyland
  • Tips/Secrets — You can walk to Disneyland in aobut 20 minutes from the hotel
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
9 Thank JenJen1980

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Surrey, UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2006

We stayed here for 3 nights, in a 1 bedroom suite (Room 3604), which had 2 double beds, a toilet, bath and shower. It had a kitchenette area and a living room. We had a nice view of the car park and the garbage cans.

The decor is dated and is need of some improvements, especially the bathroom. It was dark and had peeling wallpaper.

The phone didn't work in our bedroom, so we had to run to the living each time we received an incoming call. The staff came over as rude and unhelpful. They were unknowlegable.

The cleaning of the room was inadequate. The floor was not wiped at all during our stay and we had to do it ourselves!

There were no basic items provided in the kitchenette. For example, they only had cofee and no tea bags!

They probably couldn't wait, as the cleaners had started cleaning out our bedroom before we even checked out!

It is located in good distance to Disneyland, about 15 minute walk to the Mickey and Friends car park. The Disneyland car park backs onto the proprty.

We drove from San Francisco to San Diego (along Highway 1) and stayed in the following hotels (see other reviews).

San Francisco - Nob Hill Motor Inn, 1630 Pacific Avenue.

Carmel - Carmel Resort Inn - Carpenter and 2nd.

Santa Barbara - Casa del Mar

Anaheim - Holiday Inn

And in San Diego, we rented a 2 bedroom condo in Mission Beach for a week. It's far more economical than a hotel!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
2 Thank stummy
Adelaide
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2006

Within walking distance to Disneyland and California Adventure Park. Staff were very courteous and helpful with information about tours etc. The rooms were spacious and comfortable but the restaurant is looking a bit tired and in need of redecorating.

• Liked — the location and size of rooms
  • Disliked — lack of eating options in the vicinity of hotel
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brydeb
Hamilton, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2006

We stayed here for a week. I had read some reviews that made me nervous about staying here. However our experience was very good.
The check-in was easy and efficient.
Our room was on the 6th floor. We had a bedroom with 2 double beds (for a family of 4) and a lounge with sofa, chairs, desk, tv. It also had a kitchenette with a microwave, sink and coffee maker. It was very spacious.
The staff were friendly. The pool looked good but we didn't use it.
The restaurant wasn't fancy but certainly nice enough. Kids eating free was a big plus for us as our 2 are small eaters and usually end up leaving food on their plates. We ate breakfast there most mornings and dinner a couple of times.
We used the bus to Disneyland for 3 days. It was good but if you missed it there was a 20 minute wait. The ride to the park was quite long but the trip back was short as we were the first stop.
The other days we walked to Downtown Disney and Disneyland. It only took 10-15 minutes and was a pleasant walk. No major roads to cross.
It was a bit inconvenient being so far from restaurants and shops but overall we enjoyed our stay.

• Liked — The big room
  • Disliked — The distance to other restaurants
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
3 Thank nzsunlover
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2006

We stayed here in July, great hotel, well presented rooms, clean and well laid out hotel. Great focus on kids and the whole Disneyland experience. The pool area is huge and was great for relaxing after a hard day at the parks. There is a little shop in the foyer area to buy grocery items, etc, cold drinks, snacks etc.
The restaurant is well-priced with thh kids eat free thing happening, but we got a bit bored with the selection, the problem with this hotel being that it is not within walking distance of anything except a small shop. If you catch the shuttle back to the hotel from the park you will pass a little market, looks a bit ramshackled, but you can walk there in about 5 mins, great selection of beers, wine, snacks and stuff, for 1/10 of the price charged in the hotel.

The Disneyland shuttle stops at the door to talk you to the parks and shops etc, but it would have been good to be staying opposite the park where you can walk to Downtown Disney are a nice restaurant for a meal.

• Liked — large, well-equped rooms, great pool
  • Disliked — location - isolated
  • Tips/Secrets — the market about 5 mins walk to stock up on drinks and snacks
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
5 Thank jodi06
oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2006

I wasn't expecting much from this hotel to be honest considering I got a low rate by booking & paying early. We paid 72.00 a night for a King room and we stayed 9/20-9/26.
The hotel was nice, updated, had a restaurant and bar. Our room was on the 5th floor and was quite spacious with a nice view, a large vanity area and a desk & 25inch TV. The rooms have menus for room service as well as local pizza & chinese places.

The rooms were clean and the room service was great. I recommend the cinnamon roll french toast. I ate it every morning we were there. The food is a priced adequately. For 4 slices of french toast it was about 7 dollars.

What made this hotel great was the staff. Anything we needed from directions, maps, extra towels or bus passes, they helped us out. We called back to the front desk many times and asked for directions to the nearest In & out burger or the closest mall. The hotel staff actually recommended an amazing seafood restaurant called King's which was 20 minutes away but it was AMAZING!!!

I loved the hotel, the staff and the fact the buses stop right in front of the hotel are nice. You can buy passes for 3 bucks a piece to ride the tram all day and it takes you right from the hotel to the disneyland main entrance. Although the hotel is about a mile away, it's a long walk over a busy freeway. If you go south down walknut until you hit the parking lots and then you can go in the backside thru downtown disney. That is a much better way to get there with no traffic, highways or too many obstacles.

When we go back next year I will choose to stay at this hotel again. It's just far away enough from Disney you aren't crowded but close enough to walk to take the tram and you can't beat $71.75 a night!

• Liked — Hotel Staff!
  • Tips/Secrets — Pre-pay for a 15 dollar discount a night!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
4 Thank AMBER G
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2006

I went to Disneyland on my Birthday with my family. I call the central number for Holiday Inn and booked my reservation on the phone but somehow I booked my reservation at the wrong hotel. I originally wanted the one right off the freeway across from Disneyland. But I ended up at this one. After staying at this Holiday Inn, I am glad that I did.

This hotel has that cowboy theme going which I think is kind of cool. The staff there are all very helpful. They told me where the locals go for their Birthdays and tips of Disneyland and California Adventures that only expert would know. What impress me the most is that the front desk agent that checked me in the first night remembered my name and that I came for my birthday and asked me how everything went.

My room was a good size and very clean. I am a pillow person when it comes to sleeping and there was 4 pillows to a bed and we had two beds plus there is an extra one in the closet just in case. Now how awsome was that. We got room service one of the morning and it came within 15 minutes. This hotel just has that personal touch that a lot of businesses now are missing. Give this one a shot like I did, you'll know what I am talking about.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — This is a winner