Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland)
Ranked #41 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Great Falls, Montana
“Nothing special”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

This hotel was fine, not what we typically experienced with holiday Inn. The staff did nothing above and beyond to make our stay memorable, however there was not an incident that was negative either. The restaurant is so high priced we never ate there, and the shuttle that we were told about was just as expensive to park a car at Disneyland. Rooms were not cleaned until later in the day, which would imply maybe needing more staff. And not close to Disneyland

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank T0j070
Tom V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland), responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay with us. We apologize that you found our food overpriced but I assure you we are a great value for families especially since kids under 12 eat free with adults at any meal time. We do hope you consider us again the next time you are in Anaheim. Our 12 to 15 minute walk to the monorail stop and park entrance at Downtown Disney is found to be a big plus to our guests. And our Splash Zone for the kids will be open any day now!

Best regards,

Tom Van Winkle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I stayed here as a low budget option allowing me to join my family for their first trip to Disneyland. They stayed elsewhere on a Disney property. [They regretted spending the $$$ there as they had so much to squeeze into 4 full days they never enjoyed the amenities... splurge for 5+ days, not 3-4. Just saying.]

Check-in, check out, billing, advice and suggestions were all great and stress free. Staff were friendly.

They have a deal with Karmel shuttle service. I had NO issues with this service whatsoever. Driver who picked me up was fun to chat with. It was $26.00 each way, pre-booked, using the link through the hotel website. Compared to $45.00-ish each way, pre-booked, with SuperShuttle. A good deal from LAX, I assure you.

The location is very walkable, but I know that some will find it too far. I walked into parks through Downtown Disney and enjoyed my trip in the mornings. At night, the walk was well lit, felt very safe, and is very well maintained. I saw many families using it even at 10:30pm, carrying their kids back to the hotel(s). (See comment re: some will find it too far.)

The Anaheim Resort Transit system is a cheap option. $5.00 for adults, kids of (?) age or younger ride free. It is route 11, and it looks like the SHORTEST route of all in the ART system. 3 stops only. OR, walk into the Disneyland parkade complex and take the trams.

The streets around the hotel are actually not noisy at ALL. There are worse hotel options around the parks noise wise, I assure you.

Decor was standard 'hotel mod'. Liked it.

I would have given it a [4] in this rating. But... pillows and carpet reeked like body odour. Sheets were 'clean' but not 'fresh' (poor quality washing machine?) and smelled old, I did not use 3 of the 4 pillows they give you. Carpet not vacuumed, I walked barefoot and felt grit. Dirty cups not removed, grinds I spilled on floor in bathroom were not cleaned for two days. Waste was removed one day but no bags put in. Ultimately the persistent laziness cleaning - wise was annoying. I assure you I'm one of those people would clean their home before the cleaners come, I am not a slob. I could have complained... I should have, but I was in 'go-go-go' mode and keeping all negative (and work) thoughts out of my mind.

Bathroom was tiny. That does not bother me but the fan was SO LOUD I kept it off and showered in the dark.

I had never stayed in a Holiday Inn before. Will pay very close attention to reviews next time.

**Some definite positives to the place, as noted above.

Room 3522. (King). April 1-6/14

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank RCSweets
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experiences here. I apologize for the housekeeping issues you encountered and I assure you we are striving to improve every day. We do hope you choose our hotel again the next time you are in the area.

Thank you!

Tom Van Winkle
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Recently returned from our trip to USA and we decided on this hotel due to the reviews. The room was OK the bathroom was poor. Beds were comfy but most of all the staff were very helpful. They assisted us with tickets, shuttles, transfers etc.
The food in the resturant was great, the best part is kids eat free for all meals!
I would come back however would like the bathrooms to be nicer....
Great security at night at they hire a security guard to walk all of the floors each night!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank natalie_delacruz
Cornwall, UK.
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights in May 2013 whilst visiting Disneyland Anaheim. It was a very enjoyable stay, and cheap considering the area, it was clean and simple but as we spent most of our days out in the Disney parks we didn't mind as it was just somewhere to put our heads down at night. We did eat in the restaurant on one night though and the food was one of the nicest i'd eaten on my trip to America, recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Danni_Sanders
Kirkland, Washington, United States
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Was in Anaheim for work from Sunday-Friday, March 1st week and the place we normally stay was booked and this was our second choice. It is very convenient if you are taking the family on a vacation to Disneyland, this place is located right next to the resort. The morning breakfast buffet has lots of choices and the staff was very friendly.
The pool has a nice terrace area an in the early morning it was nice to sip some coffee or juice and work or read a paper. The rooms are okay mine came with two queens and a work station which I used for work. The wifi worked great and the TV was a newer model.
This is a great location from my work and for the budget minded vacation goer this is the spot!

Room Tip: I love the bacon they serve at the breakfast buffet!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed April 3, 2014

It's been five months since our trip to Disneyland, but I wanted to finally take the time to review this hotel. My girlfriend and I stayed in the hotel December 9-11. We arrived super early on Monday morning the 9th and Roberto got us into our room early since it was already available. He helped us with every question/problem we had. My money clip wallet erased our room keys a couple of times and he fixed it, no problem. The food at the hotel restaurant was good, and convenient. We are planning another trip as soon as we can and will definitely be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank zanesimon
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We stayed four nights and the hotel was exactly as we expected from the reviews: it is a low cost alternative within a short walk to the parks.
The staff was very friendly, helping us get set up with DL tickets, booking shuttles, and giving directions.
We booked early and took advantage of the pizza deal which we used instead as a $20 daily voucher for the restaurant, which took care of breakfasts each day. The restaurant was nice, with good service, and the food came out FAST each morning. Also, once you have finished the pot of coffee the servers bring you for refills, there are to go cups provided to take one for the walk to the parks.
I would definitely stay here again as long as the prices remain affordable.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple