“Enjoy Disney at Cheaper Rates”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland)
Ranked #42 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Ahmedabad, India
“Enjoy Disney at Cheaper Rates”
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

The Hotel Staff is courteous, The Location is VERY near to Disneyland just take a 2-3 Day Park Hopper and There could be no better option if you are travelling on a budget. The Lobby has the Disney feel to it. The Pool is pretty cool and you can see Disney's Firework Show from the poolside area as well.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Custer, South Dakota
Reviewed March 12, 2014

My wife and I desired a trip to celebrate our 20th anniversary and decided to take our kids to Disneyland. As others have shared, this hotel is within easy walking distance of Downtown Disney and the theme parks. The facility was extremely clean, and the breakfast buffet offered a wonderful assortment of food and beverages.

Yet, what impressed "me" the most was the assistance by the hotel staff for a romantic surprise. I contacted the hotel by email about three weeks before our departure date; I asked for ideas that were available at their site. Revenue Manager Craig replied very quickly and made some wonderful recommendations ... including Mickey Mouse-like cookies from their restaurant. He stated that the staff would be more than happy to place my gifts (such as flowers) in our room prior to our arrival, as the surprise.

I ended up having flowers sent to the hotel, as well as ordered a Mickey and Minnie picture frame (and some other items) from the Disney Store. To make it even more special, I mailed our wedding picture directly to Craig ... hoping that he would place it inside the frame (too).

Well, shortly before the trip, I discovered that Craig was assigned to a different hotel ... several miles away. However, he passed along my plan to his co-workers and even followed up with them to ensure that everything was in place. I received an email from Front Desk Manager Robert, as he wanted me to feel rest-assured that everything would be done according to plan. On the day of our trip, I received one last message from Robert stating that the packages had arrived safely and that he had had his staff decorate our room.

Upon arrival, the desk staff quickly learned "who" we were ... and greeted us like a royal family. They kept the secret - smiling and kinda giggling. When my wife opened the door to our room, she was definitely surprised ... so were my kids! The staff had placed the flowers on the desk, assembled the picture frame - inserting our wedding picture, and arranged the other items very distinctly around the flowers. Heck, they even recycled the boxes and paper debris.

I cannot say enough about the staff and everything they did to make our stay outstanding. Yes, comfort is a concern for any traveler ... but, this hotel staff made our stay memorable! Will we go back? Yes ... without hesitation! The customer service by Craig, who did not even work at the hotel, combined with Robert, who orchestrated the decoration process, was above and beyond expectation.

Keep up the amazing work!

1 Thank EagleScout1985
Rio Rancho, NM
Reviewed March 12, 2014

My family and I have stayed here in the past twice in the past and finally decided to write a review, As far as location it is a block away and yes but a far block. The Staff was fine I will not say great.
The Pros: You can look out of your Hotel room and see the Disneyland fireworks, the drinks and appetizers were priced well I have to admit, and next door there is a gas station to get snacks and drinks. Cons: No refrigerators which is very upsetting because when you travel from another state and have needs such as food and drinks it helps so much and I'm sure you know that. My biggest complaint was that they charged to put a refrigerator in the room and when I did make my complaint to the person at the front desk he said oh you got this hotel booking it from Priceline and why am I complaining I was lucky enough to get the room for the price we got which I thought was very rude, I did complain to the manager and he did explain that you did get it from Priceline and started with this stuff about you know how much your room would've cost pretty much the same response as the guy at the desk, my whole thing is it seems like if they know you got your hotel from priceline the whole attitude changes almost made feel like we were cheapskates. Would I stay here again with my family I would have to say yes only because the area and the setting of the hotel but I wouldn't tell them I got it from Priceline for the simple fact from our experience.

Room Tip: Pay a little more to get a suite or a room with a refrigerator.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sleepy505
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland), responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Dear Sleepy505,

Thank you for your feedback about your stay. It is good to know that our location was convenient for your needs. However, please accept my apologies if the level of customer service received on this occasion was not up to par. I have taken note of your feedback and this shall be forwarded to the appropriate departments to consider for improvements needed in our efforts.

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Visalia, California
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I had the best customer service ever, very professional and very kind, I will be going back with no hesitation. I experienced a rude customer and with your staff, I was amazed how they handled them.With a smile on their face, they still took care of business.

Room Tip: Make sure to book your room asap, the staff was awesome especially kevin from the 1240 S. Walnut St...
2 Thank davnjrzmum
Phoenix, Arizona, Usa
Reviewed March 8, 2014

This is a way over the top of the line Holiday Inn. The location is 5 minutes walk to the Disneyland Mickey and Friends Tram. The Staff SUPER HELPFUL and ULTRA FRIENDLY. Rooms CLEAN, Breakfast either off a Buffett or off the MEnu. Parking on sight, WIFI works fine. Price is well set for the value. Would stay anytime again and again.

Room Tip: Got this off Priceline, discounted as a internet BARGIN, not worth the EXPRESS DEAL taking a chance...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Amherst, New York
Reviewed March 8, 2014

After a long day at Disney it was a treat to stay at this Holiday Inn. Clean, fresh, pool, hot tub, friendly staff, and wonderful buffet breakfast included. The beds were outstanding...soft but firm and very fresh.

Room Tip: We selected a building in the back for quietness.
1 Thank jorimrapr
Draper, Utah
Reviewed March 7, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a Disneyland vacation. The bed and location were fine, and the staff who greeted us on day one were very pleasant.

However, upon checkout they tried to charge us an additional $250 "smoking fee". My wife and I don't smoke, so I went down to the lobby to inquire what this was regarding. Then the front desk employee told me that on the previous day at 2pm, housekeeping walked into our room and caught my wife and I smoking marijuana. At first I thought this accusation was some kind of prank. My wife and I are deeply religious people, we don't smoke marijuana, AND we were at Disneyland the entire day that they claimed this incident occurred.

I tried to be reasonable and suggest this must be some kind of mistake (maybe housekeeping wrote the wrong room number down?). But the front desk employee insisted it happened. This was incredibly embarrassing for my wife and I as an entire lobby of customers could hear the Holiday Inn employees accuse us of breaking the law and smoking marijuana.

After arguing with them for some time, they eventually took the charge off, but still insisted I was guilty. This is not the way to treat your customers. Especially when they CLEARLY had accused the wrong people.They should be ashamed. I've tried calling, leaving messages, and I even e-mailed the general manager. But still no call back from him.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
19 Thank David S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland), responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear David S,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your stay with us. We are disappointed and concerned to read your comments. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. We have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain additional information.

Joel B