Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland)
Ranked #43 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Hayward, California, United States
“A great buy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

This hotel was comfortable, clean, and close to everything. The staff was extremely helpful, and the bed was very comfortable. I have no idea why anyone would think it wasn't a good place to stay. I'd go again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Marilyn S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

The two-bedroom suite that we booked came with some surprises. We were not aware that there was only one bathroom, and that it was in one of the bedrooms. That meant that if you wanted to use the bathroom, you had to go through the other bedroom. Not a good option. A central location would have been better if there was only one bathroom. I checked the website and this certainly was not made clear in the booking process. Most two bedroom suites come with a bathroom in each room or a central location in the suite. The room also had a musty smell so anyone that has a mold allergy might want to be aware of that could be an issue. After the front desk was made aware of the fact that we were unhappy with the situation, they did make the offer to change us the NEXT day. The furniture was definitely not up to date but was okay. The beds were comfortable.

Room Tip: Call and ask questions and more questions for clarification.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland), responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear margaretbb,

Thank you for the candid review of our property as this will guide us in making the right decisions. Please accept my sincerest apologies and for any inconvenience the cleanliness of the room may have caused you. Rest assured that the issues you have raised has been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
phoenix
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed here October 2013. Hotel is close to Disney, within walking distance, but highly recommend taking the ART bus to Disney. Tix are something like $5 adult, $1 kid, buy them in the gift shop. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean, newly redecorated with a more modern feel. Pool was warm in October which was nice (and I'm from Arizona, so that's saying something)! There is a splash park under construction which should be done in a few months (?). Note, there is currently a new hotel under construction next door, but there was ZERO noise in the hotel from this, note however parking spaces were limited, but did not have a problem in this regard. Restaurant service was friendly, but a little slow. However, they have a kids eat free menu, so that makes up for it! Beds were comfortable, if average. If you are planning a Disney trip, I highly recommend this hotel. Note this hotel is on the #11 ART bus route which, in our experience, was EASY. The other buses were full to the gills and ran late and the #11 was wide open, on time and the Holiday Inn in something like the 2nd stop coming and going. Nice after a long day at Disney. They say it's a 15 minute walk to the parks, but did not attempt after a long day of walking.

Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Nice hotel. Clean, comfy and quiet. However, it is not as close to Disneyland and they would have you believe. It is right next to the Mickey and Friends parking structure and in theory would be close enough to take the parking tram, but there is a very high brick wall surrounding the parking structure and you must walk a fair distance to get around it and back track to the tram, or continue on to Downtown Disney and still have quite a walk before you reach the parks. If you are looking for a hotel "within walking distance to the parks" chose one of the Hotels on Harbor Blvd between Manchester Ave and Disney Way.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank happyfamUtah
Salinas, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

We visit Disneyland every year, and have been bouncing from hotel to hotel because nothing seems 'just right' but now we found our fit! Check in was quick, courteous and informative. The room was clean and comfortable. We used the pool and hot tub in the evenings--nice temperature and well maintained. The walk to Disneyland was pleasant. Be sure to purchase tickets ahead of time, or through the hotel. Then, it's a 12 minute (I timed it!) walk from the hotel to the monorail at Downtown Disney. and here's the super part: the monorail takes you directly to Tomorrow Land where you can get on Space Mountain about 4 times before the Main Gate stragglers get there! The walk to Disney and back is quiet--no huge crowds. It gave us some time to decompress from the energy of the park. Our last day, we checked out at 8:00 and left our luggage in the hotel's "Luggage Room" and had a full day at the park. We cam back and had dinner at the hotel. It was delicious, and the waitress was polite and quick to bring our drinks and food. If you choose to eat at a booth, there is a TV at each booth.
Complaints? None. We will see Holiday Inn next year, same time.

Room Tip: If you are there on a night when they have fireworks, ask to have a room to view.
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

First off we arrived early but the hotel front desk did give us a pass so we can park here and go to Disneyland right away instead of having us park over in Disney's parking lot. That's a plus. It's more like a 15 to 20 minutes walk to Disney entrance.

The room we're in was a little disappointing. It's not awful but there isn't even a frig. And high speed internet? ~0.5 Mbps down via wifi from my room is not high speed... But yes, it does work and it's free. Bathroom is meh and wish they would give you a little more toiletries to begin with. Bring your own soap and shampoo/conditioner, the ones they provide are barely enough for one person, and it's not that good.

The location is good and staff has been courteous so that's what it's got going for it.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tom V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland), responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We apologize for the slow speed of your computer on our free internet. We have recently upgraded our WiFi and have gotten good feedback from our frequent guests. Our location is a 15 minute walk to the monorail stop at Downtown Disney. You can enter the park there if you already have a ticket or annual pass. It's another 5 minutes to the main gate security tents and the ticket booths. We also provide Bath and Body works amenities in all of our room and will gladly deliver extra supplies to a guest room any time.

With our Splash Park opening soon and our great location we do hope you would consider staying here again the next time you are in the area.

Best regards,

Tom Van Winkle
mfong59
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

I felt the need to write a review for this hotel because someone mentioned that this hotel was in a "ghetto area", it was far from that. I took that to heart and I was nervous to make my family scared. We walked back between 10pm - 11pm without a problem.

The check in process was prompt, courteous, and helpful. The person that checked me in gave me a couple of free vouchers for breakfast, a map, and a rundown of how to get to Disney. We were upgraded to the suite because of my membership and the room was to my expectations for a Holiday Inn. I had a two queen bed suite with a pull out couch, the kitchen was more of a kitchenette because it came with a sink, microwave, and a fridge. People are correct, the pillows are weirdly shaped and affected how I slept in the beginning. In addition to that, the pull out couch was very uncomfortable. As a penny pinching family, we bought most of our meals from Trader Joe's and occasionally went out to eat. My advice, don't eat at the hotel, go out and explore what Anaheim/LA has to offer.

My family and I did two round trips daily from Disney. The hotel is adjacent to the parking lot, if you can walk to your car during the day, you can walk back to the hotel. My view was the parking structure, you know you're in the LA area if there's traffic leaving the parking structure an hour after closing. The walk from the hotel main doors to the Disney shuttle is approximately 0.5 - 0.6 miles. I have two teenagers, having kids that are too heavy to carry might make the walk a little bit more difficult.

I didn't have room service nor did I have dinner here, I did however have breakfast. Breakfast is your standard buffet, your choice of cereals, eggs, bacon, and juice. It's not spectacular, I wouldn't pay to eat there, I only went because it was free.

I called the front desk for soap and shampoo, they were delivered within 15 minutes. I would ask the maids for towels when they were making their rounds and they happily gave me the towels without a problem.

The only downside that I encountered was that the late checkout was only until 12 noon. They would charge us $50 if we wanted to check out by 5pm.

I feel like this hotel is a huge bang for your buck. It's close without paying a premium. Our focus was Disney, we only came back to the hotel to sleep. Parking here is $10/day, which I think is the cheapest around compared to the other chains. You can get the full experience of Disney without paying a lot. I would be more than happy to return to this hotel again.