“Walkable to Disneyland. Otherwise very average hotel.”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland)
Ranked #41 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed October 20, 2013

First off we arrived early but the hotel front desk did give us a pass so we can park here and go to Disneyland right away instead of having us park over in Disney's parking lot. That's a plus. It's more like a 15 to 20 minutes walk to Disney entrance.

The room we're in was a little disappointing. It's not awful but there isn't even a frig. And high speed internet? ~0.5 Mbps down via wifi from my room is not high speed... But yes, it does work and it's free. Bathroom is meh and wish they would give you a little more toiletries to begin with. Bring your own soap and shampoo/conditioner, the ones they provide are barely enough for one person, and it's not that good.

The location is good and staff has been courteous so that's what it's got going for it.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Tom V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland), responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We apologize for the slow speed of your computer on our free internet. We have recently upgraded our WiFi and have gotten good feedback from our frequent guests. Our location is a 15 minute walk to the monorail stop at Downtown Disney. You can enter the park there if you already have a ticket or annual pass. It's another 5 minutes to the main gate security tents and the ticket booths. We also provide Bath and Body works amenities in all of our room and will gladly deliver extra supplies to a guest room any time.

With our Splash Park opening soon and our great location we do hope you would consider staying here again the next time you are in the area.

Best regards,

Tom Van Winkle

Write a ReviewReviews (1,270)

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I felt the need to write a review for this hotel because someone mentioned that this hotel was in a "ghetto area", it was far from that. I took that to heart and I was nervous to make my family scared. We walked back between 10pm - 11pm without a problem.

The check in process was prompt, courteous, and helpful. The person that checked me in gave me a couple of free vouchers for breakfast, a map, and a rundown of how to get to Disney. We were upgraded to the suite because of my membership and the room was to my expectations for a Holiday Inn. I had a two queen bed suite with a pull out couch, the kitchen was more of a kitchenette because it came with a sink, microwave, and a fridge. People are correct, the pillows are weirdly shaped and affected how I slept in the beginning. In addition to that, the pull out couch was very uncomfortable. As a penny pinching family, we bought most of our meals from Trader Joe's and occasionally went out to eat. My advice, don't eat at the hotel, go out and explore what Anaheim/LA has to offer.

My family and I did two round trips daily from Disney. The hotel is adjacent to the parking lot, if you can walk to your car during the day, you can walk back to the hotel. My view was the parking structure, you know you're in the LA area if there's traffic leaving the parking structure an hour after closing. The walk from the hotel main doors to the Disney shuttle is approximately 0.5 - 0.6 miles. I have two teenagers, having kids that are too heavy to carry might make the walk a little bit more difficult.

I didn't have room service nor did I have dinner here, I did however have breakfast. Breakfast is your standard buffet, your choice of cereals, eggs, bacon, and juice. It's not spectacular, I wouldn't pay to eat there, I only went because it was free.

I called the front desk for soap and shampoo, they were delivered within 15 minutes. I would ask the maids for towels when they were making their rounds and they happily gave me the towels without a problem.

The only downside that I encountered was that the late checkout was only until 12 noon. They would charge us $50 if we wanted to check out by 5pm.

I feel like this hotel is a huge bang for your buck. It's close without paying a premium. Our focus was Disney, we only came back to the hotel to sleep. Parking here is $10/day, which I think is the cheapest around compared to the other chains. You can get the full experience of Disney without paying a lot. I would be more than happy to return to this hotel again.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Stayed here for a few days after spending 2 weeks travelling around California on a coach trip. Rooms very nice comfortable beds. Handy to have wash hand vanity units outside bathroom enabling 2 to get ready at one time. No safe but free use of safes at reception so no problem. Reception staff extra helpful with information especially on bus routes and times. Only draw back is only 1 restaurant which could not cope with amount of people staying at hotel. Really needs a little coffee shop. Nice pool and heated spa. Would recommend and stay again if in Anaheim.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights while visiting Disneyland and other venues in the LAX area.
The first night; the a/c made a horrible noise, so I spoke to the front desk. By the time returned that evening the noise was gone, much better sleep. The restaurant we ate there for breakfast and all but one, the eggs where done perfectly. Friendly staff. The water available at the front with lime/lemmons was great. The to go cup for coffee from the restaurant was perfect for early mornings. Walking to Disney downtown wasn't that far, it is only long when you have had a full day of walking. I didn't mind it. Parking is 10.00/night +taxes which is fine. Close to other stores if you needed medicine or booze. I would stay again as we collect Rewards points for HI and it makes the hotel even better, when it is free.The pool isn't great but good for young kids to have a break from walking all day. I found the hotel quiet but we where there in Sept. It was more noisy when the bus of seniors, man they are loud.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is a standard Holiday Inn and the rooms are exactly what you would expect of this chain. This was our final stopover on our 16 day journey through California, Nevada and Arizona and we stayed three nights.
There is no safe in the room (important to visitors from abroad who need to carry their passports with them if they cant lock them up), but apparently there are safes in reception. There was a separate bath and sink area and the vanity unit was nice. The shower was powerful but over the bath. The beds were comfortable. The coffee machine was good. The swimming pool and terrace area were really nice. As you can see from the photos, we didnt have a very nice view.
The bar had a "Happy Hour" from 4 pm - 7pm with drinks two for one and a Bud lite worked out at $3 each. Whilst enjoying a beer at the bar, friends and I were reading the dinner menu and a gentleman had a pizza delivered to him to eat at the bar, when I saw the size I said to my friend "well I definitely wouldnt be able to eat a large one" and the gentleman said "this is a medium" so you can tell the portion sizes.
I ordered a salad starter followed by a pizza and the salad was absolutely enormous, more like a main course than a starter. The small pizza was $7.
The second night there was a buffet which I believe was $16. It was very nice indeed.
We enjoyed the breakfast buffet the first morning but the second morning we were still full from the night before so just ordered toast.
I was really surprised that there was a TV set at each dining booth but the restaurant is geared towards children, there are toys all over the ceiling, so maybe the TV is to keep them occupied.
We enjoyed a day at Universal Studios from this hotel, which was excellent, and the second day we loved the trip to the Queen Mary which was well worth a visit. We visited the Downtown Disney restaurants (but not the theme park as that isn't our thing) and ate at the Earl of Sandwich and at Taqueria at Tortilla Jo's, both were very good indeed.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed here 4 years ago for 14 days and was very pleased so returned 3 weeks ago. Not dissappointed again---staff very friendly----hotel very clean and the walk to Disneyland is not that far especially if you go down the road and through the Disney Resort Hotel which brings you right into Down Town Disney.. There were 10 of us so the 2 families had the 1 bedroom suites but beware says cooking facilities but NO plates or cutlery. Fridge Microwave and floor area expansive.I had a room next door that had 2x Queen sized beds and one of the granddaughters stayed with me. Missed having a fridge in the rooms though.Hotel well served by the ART shuttle bus service.If we were to go back would stay here again as so quiet an area.Onyx Restuarant on site was very good also if needed.Child's water playground in the process of being constructed for 2014 will be a good asset.

Room Tip: Think I have added these tips in the review.
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

We just checked out and our headed home after 5 nights.
This is our second stay here and it was not as enjoyable as the first round.
First off if you have a double stroller be prepared to unload sleeping kids and bags and keep the stroller in your car. That's fun at 11pm! The doors aren't big enough to go through.
There was no luggage rollers near our building and after hunting for a while my husband finally found one 2 buildings over. Ugh!
The room was clean, bathroom small but that's ok. The AC was barley capable. The pillows are half size for some reason?!?! But you do get 4 of them.
Walking to Disneyland is bearable in the morning and unbearable returning. We prefer to walk so we don't have to unload and fold the stroller for a shuttle.
We probably won't return here until our boys are older and we don't need a stroller.
PS surprise $50.00 parking fee

Stayed: October 2013
Tom V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland), responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience here at our hotel. We do apologize for the problems you encountered. I assure you our doorways are are the same width as nearly all hotels. You are correct about the pillows and those are all being replaced this week with nice big comfortable pillows. There will still be 4 for every bed. We do charge $10 per night for parking as do most Disneyland area hotels. As a matter of fact we are less expensive than most.

We do hope you will give us another try the next time you are in the area. Our Splash Zone will be completed soon and the kids will love it!

Best regards