“Nice hotel, did the job for our trip”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland)
Ranked #44 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Scarsdale, NY
“Nice hotel, did the job for our trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed here because we are Platinum Elite members with IHG and we were upgraded to a 2Q suite for our stay. The hotel room was clean and tended to every day. The pillows were an odd square shape. The rooms could use updating. There was construction going on so hopefully there will be improvements. Rooms looked dated, and could use a fresh coat of paint. But, rooms were spacious, and clean, and was perfect for a place to sleep after long days in the parks. Not 'lush' in any way, despite being in a suite. It had a fridge and a microwave which was nice. Breakfast was good, kids eat free, but we also had two vouchers for breakfast for being Priority Club members. It's one LONG block to Disneyland. It's right next to the Mickey & Friends parking structure.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

This was a 3 night stop over during a California tour. Hotel and room are good and our Gold Elite was recognised. We are not going to Disneyland but can see that this hotel is nicely placed for that with buses that stop outside the hotel so everything good. Now the minor issues; nice coffee making peculator in room but I only drink tea not much use to me. So I asked if I could have a couple of tea bags but the hotel do not have any. Tried the restaurant and they kindly provided a couple for a cost of $4.80!! I also purchased a bottle of water from the hotel shop $5. Whilst I expect to pay higher prices this is totally a rip off. The restaurant is American brasserie and speaking to others at the hotel it is a place to avoid. We attended 'happy hour' only to later find out that it was only one make of beer nothing else and not the drinks we were drinking. So all in all a nice hotel let down by the little things that could so easily have left us with positive comments rather than these minor negative ones. Some advice there is an outlet centre easily reached by the ART busses and the same for Downtown Disney day bus pass $5 excellent value unlike the tea bags and water!!! Recommend eat at The Cheesecake Factory 15 min walk.
Don,t let the negative comments put you off just take your own tea bags and water!!

Room Tip: Overlook the pool is nicer than the view of the roads although even that is not too bad it's not...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Tom V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland), responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. I've instructed my staff to have tea bags available if requested by our guests and these will be complimentary. Our gift shop offers many competitively priced items including $.99 23 oz bottles of water. We are happy you had an overall good stay with us and we do hope to see you again in the future.

Best regards,

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

We booked 2 rooms at this hotel for 3 nights. When booking, I specifically asked for connecting rooms, 1 room with a king bed, and 1 room with 2 queen beds. The person on the phone said that was not a problem. Upon check in, we were informed the king rooms were in a separate building from the queen rooms, and no rooms connected. We needed 1 of each room, as we had 3 adults and 2 small children traveling together. The person at check in was helpful, we ended up getting 2 queen rooms to be next door from each other. This would have normally been a more expensive option, but he did not charge us different because of the mix up.
The breakfast was nice, there are tv's in the booths in the restaurant which is great with small kids. Kids ate free, which was great because the breakfast was pricey. The main reason we stayed here was to avoid renting a car and walk to Disney. It was at least a 20 min walk each way. Fortunately, the weather was not overly hot, or I would have hated that walk on top of walking around the park. I would have liked a small grocery store within walking distance for snacks, I had to settle for a gas station (they at least had bananas).
The rooms were clean and tended to daily. There was some construction going on at the property, but it did not bother us. I wish there was a non Disney property a bit closer within walking distance (Disney properties were not affordable when we went)...but this did the job. 2 marathon days at the parks, and we were a VERY tired group.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank STom21
Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Our hard-earned trip to Disneyland placed us here for a few days. Check -in was fast and professional. I didn't eat at the restaurant but got coffee to-go each day and found the service friendly and accommodating. Staff was attentive everywhere encountered. The pool was great for my little one- he had a nice time. I would (and likely will) choose this hotel again for the next Disney trip! We walked to the Disney tram the first day but found it much, much, better to pony up for the ART bus/shuttle the following day.

Room Tip: Our room in the middle of the 5th floor of bldg 3 was quiet and comfy.
La Selva Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

I had a difficult time finding a reasonably priced hotel in Irvine, so I expanded my search and found this great Holiday Inn a block from Disneyland.

I was concerned that it would be too kid-friendly for a business traveler and would be noisy, but no, it was great!

The front desk staff acted very professionally and were attentive to my needs.

The room service menu was good and served quickly. Did I mention that the room was quiet? No noise from the rooms next door or above or below, no noise from kids running in the halls (and yes I did see many) . I got a good night's sleep in a very comfortable room. It can't get much better than that.

Well, the only thing better would have been if I looked out the window when I heard the Disneyland fireworks go off at 9:30 and actually seen them!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Newcastle upon Tyne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

There were some good things about this hotel - the rooms were pleasant and clean, though I found the cushion sized pillows rather inconvenient. The lay-out of the bathroom area was strange - very cramped and inconvenient. The domestic staff were very friendly (I even tried out my limited Spanish with them and they didn't laugh at me!)
However, there were things about the hotel that were very disappointing and even annoying at times.
The reception was always busy and always, so it seemed to me, understaffed. Every time I went there, I had to wait to be attended to, on one occasion for more than 20 minutes. The reception staff - well, it is hard to describe their attitude. I couldn't say they were impolite, but they certainly were not friendly like most of the places we stayed in. Let's just say, they evinced an air of superior detachment from the guests. My friend tried to phone down to reception at one point, but after 20 minutes of the phone being unanswered, she just gave up.
We had several problems. Firstly my laptop wouldn't connect to the internet - the wi-fi didn't work. Eventually, after being on the phone to technical support for almost 30 minutes, it was identified as a problem caused by them not backing up / refreshing their system.
We had a problem with the laundry room - we put some clothes in the dryer and when we went back, our swipe keys wouldn't open the door. When I went to reception, I was told (in their usual superior way) that the laundry closed at 9 p.m. and there was a notice that said so. The receptionist did get a security man to open the door, but when we went back to check, there was no notice anywhere.
We ate in the restaurant several times, both at breakfast and in the evening. The standard was quite variable. The food was always good, but sometimes the service was very slow and the food was not always warm. On one occasion, the starter course and main course were brought to the table at the same time. The water served there had a very strong chemical taste.
The lifts (elevators) are very slow and inadequate for the number of guests in the hotel. We started to use the stairs - until they were closed off because they were being painted!
There is a swimming pool in the hotel, but it is quite shallow and not very large. Often, it is full of noisy children and seemed to have a lot of chemicals in - my skin itched when I got out.
The hotel is quite near Disneyland and is popular with families. Maybe not the best choice of hotel for my friend and myself or for more mature travellers.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank iangemini
Tom V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland), responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at our hotel. I do apologize for our staff not being up to par with their friendliness level. I assure you this is not the norm and it will be addressed through more training and a revision of our staffing levels both at the Front Desk and the restaurant. We do hope you would give us another try and see the improvements we are making.

Again, thank you very much for letting me know what happened and for giving me the opportunity to improve our service.

Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

The parking fee is less than the hilton and hampton inn. This big name brand is closer than the others. No fridge for the regular rooms which is a draw back. Pool could have been cleaned better and more regularly as this seems to be used. A couple pool chairs where broken and should be replaced. Hotel does need an update, elevator is slow so taking the stairs will be quicker. Staff was friendly. Their computer system is slow, printing a receipt took 10 min which is just sad. Not a good location to walk to restaurants to get something to eat, if you have a vehicle then makes no difference. Pillows are like couch square ones which is not really comfortable. Room was clean with a flat screen tv. Bathroom is small with narrow walkway where the outside sink is located. Great view in parking lot for the daily fireworks, if you are trying to sleep early better to wait after 9:45pm when it is over. Breakfast at the hotel was pretty good. Did not try lunch or dinner.

Overall for the price was decent, but unlikely would stay again. May try the holiday inn off katella which is being renovated and supposely has free parking. This location has a plaza with restaurants nearby that are easy to walk to.

Room Tip: Higher rooms has less noise, the suites are on the 6th floor guessing at the windows outside.
1 Thank Larry971
Tom V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland), responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience here. We are in the process of getting new pillows and we promise to do a better job in our pool area. We are also installing a Splash Park for the kids and we do hope you will take another look at us next time you are in the area.

Best regards,