We've been coming to this hotel since back when it was the Conestoga. This is the first time coming since the most recent renovation. The hotel has a sleek, modern interior, now. Call me weird, but I miss the kitschy western decor and theming from the older days.
We showed up way too early for check in, so we weren't surprised that our room wasn't ready, but when asked about it, they were able to check our luggage so that we could hit the parks until check in time.
We booked a suite, and found it roomy, clean and full of amenities like a microwave, refrigerator and wet bar sink. The beds were comfy, the pillows a strange, small size, but comfortable and plentiful, with a variety of firmnesses. Our view was of our vehicles in the parking lot and of the massive parking garage for the DL Resort. The fireworks set off car alarms in the garage, so if you need quiet, ask for a room facing the North side. The noise didn't bother us, since we were all up at the time, or in the parks.
We had come back from the parks for a swim/nap, and housekeeping was barely coming by. They left a note, if we wanted our room done, to call by 2pm. It was already after 12pm. First time we've ever had a time limit on housekeeping. So we missed it in favor of a quick nap in preparation for closing down the park at midnight.
The shuttle service is provided by the ART. ( http://www.rideart.org/ ) The hotel did not sell three day passes, nor did it have a kiosk for purchasing, so if you need them arrange to purchase them from the website to save money over buying several one day passes. Our hotel was first pick up on the route, which was nice, there was always room on the bus. It is one of the less busy routes, so not as many buses service the route, but it was convenient for our purposes.
We did order room service one morning when we got to sleep in. The food was hot, delicious and fast. My mom and I went to the restaurant one morning while everyone else slept in, and had a nice breakfast there. The staff was friendly and helpful, but they could have used more help. If we'd been in a hurry, it might have been a frustrating wait for our waiter. They were rather busy.
All in all, it was another great stay at this hotel, and I'm sure we'll be back, and we can recommend it to our friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our newly renovated property presents guests with a fun and modern art deco ambiance suitable for both business travelers and families alike. This amenities-rich, full-service hotel offers spacious guestrooms and suites at an affordable rate right in the heart of Orange County, adjacent to Disneyland(R), Disney's California Adventure(R), Downtown Disney(R), and with easy access to the Anaheim Convention Center, and many other Southern California attractions. Now welcoming small dogs!! A fee does apply. Book our 60th Anniversary package and receive a $60 food and beverage credit during your stay. (One $60 credit voucher per stay) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Orbitz, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites Anaheim (1 Blk/Disneyland)
- Holiday Inn Hotel Anaheim
- Holiday Inn Anaheim
- Anaheim Holiday Inn