alright, so it's a holiday, you pretty much know what to expect, normal US looking hotel room, a couple beds, a flat screen TV with cable and WiFi, standard amenities. The place wasn't dirty, but it also isn't clean, I guess it's safe to say it's starting to show some age, and they appear to be doing some modernization here and there, but not in the area of the hotel I was in anyway. Still for the price (around $120 with parking), and within walking distance to the Disney park area, it's a fair deal.
Here's some of the interesting things that happened to us, both good and bad, while at this property:
The first day, both elevators worked, and they dinged at each floor, the second day, only 1 elevator worked and the dinging had stopped (we found the ding, ding at each floor kind of unique). There was no reason given for the elevator to have stopped working, just a sign saying to use the other one, at the far end of the hall, so now 6 floors were all sharing the same one, kind of a busy item at that point.
You see the "1 BLK/Disneyland" in the title up there? well they use that everywhere, only problem is, it's actually TWENTY MINUTES to walk to the main entrance to either park, and about 15 minutes to Downtown Disney, and that is for myself, a fit 30 something. I'd say that is a big stretch to claim 1 block. So if you are not in decent shape, don't plan to walk to and from each day, at least not in any sort of decent time frame.
We had a weird set up where I payed cash for one night, and then used points for nights 2-3. I called and they were good enough to ensure that I'd stay in the same room the whole time which was nice.
The restaurant had a decent breakfast that wasn't overpriced.
Allegedly you can walk 10 minutes and get to the Disney parking lot and then take the tram from there, but no one told us about this, so we walked 20 minutes each way, would have been good if they had told us this. Also, would be nice to offer a shuttle bus every 20-30 minutes, I mean that is the main reason that 95% of your guests are there to begin with, even if it just dropped off at downtown disney, it would be awesome.
back to the 1 block thing, really? 1 block? in what universe is a 20 minute walk considered 1 block?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our newly renovated property presents guests with a fun and modern art deco ambiance suitable for both business travelers and families alike. This amenities-rich, full-service hotel offers spacious guestrooms and suites at an affordable rate right in the heart of Orange County, adjacent to Disneyland(R), Disney's California Adventure(R), Downtown Disney(R), and with easy access to the Anaheim Convention Center, and many other Southern California attractions. Now welcoming small dogs!! A fee does apply. Book our 60th Anniversary package and receive a $60 food and beverage credit during your stay. (One $60 credit voucher per stay) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and IHG so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites Anaheim (1 Blk/Disneyland)
- Holiday Inn Hotel Anaheim
- Holiday Inn Anaheim
- Anaheim Holiday Inn