Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland)
Ranked #40 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We obtained our room from skyauction.com and paid less than $100 a night- a very good value. The room we received was in an excellent location - very close proximity to the business center, laundry, entrance to our room, lobby. Room was spacious, very, very clean; beds were very comfortable. We really enjoyed our stay. The only disappointing aspect was having to pay to use the business center and $10 a day for parking - however, this may be because this hotel is close to Disneyland and there is a shuttle (so I guess one would save money by leaving car at hotel). Check-in was quick; receptionist was courteous. We enjoyed our 2 night stay.

Room Tip: We asked for a room on the lowest floor near an entrance and were very pleased. (Room was in Block...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank roamingprofessor
Tom V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland), responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thank you for letting us know how your recent stay with us went. We are very glad you had a good time. Come see us again soon!

Thank you!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

The worse of all Holiday Inn’s that we have ever stayed in. Hotel is old and shows it. There’s no refrigerator or Microwave. Small puffy pillows and really soft beds. The room was really stuffy and the air conditioner barely worked. Hotel was under renovation so you couldn’t’ see out any windows. There’s no complimentary breakfast. The restaurant was good but pricy. And the most upsetting was having to pay $23.00 for two nights for parking in an open lot... seriously? Ridiculous!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. I apologize your experience was a dissappointment. While nearly all full service hotels next to Disneyland charge for parking, we are priced towards the lower end of the scale. We are beautifying our hotel with a new stucco exterior we are only doing 1/3 of the hotel at a time so I do apologize for your window being blocked. Should you have any questions or further comments please feel free to contact me at the hotel.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

This hotel was great. We stayed in a suite which was surprisingly large, around double the size of a regular room. The decor was a little dated/worn and in the kitchen there was no cutlery which made it difficult when it came to eating so we had to nip out to Walmart for some flatwear and cutlery. Despite this the location made up completely for this. The hotel is situated on the edge of Disneyland California and it backs onto the rear carpark of Disneyland. The pool is nice and is a great little sun trap. There are plenty of sun loungers and canopies so there is no fighting. In the hotel there is a lovely restaurant and the food was amazing although a little expensive. The staff were all friendly and check in was a breeze. Within the room the are two televisions and two rooms, a loung/kitchen area and then a bedroom Witt a bathroom. Overall if you are looking for something cheap and close to Disneyland then this is the place.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments. We are very happy you had a good time while you were here. We hope to see you again soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Like Melissa my travel agent booked this hotel on behalf for my son and I to stay for ten days in september. I never asked about a refrigerator or microwave as it usually is in every hotel room amd I am quite disappointed its not in ours! Staying for ten days I dont particularly want to have to eat out all the time. I am also now concerned about all the bad reviews! Thin wall, dirty, bad food, no pillows and worst of all the advertisement of this hotel (and number one reason I chose it) claimed to be only a minutes walk....turns out its a ten to fifteen! Very unsure if I should take a chance and stay risking my trip of a lifetime, or changing hotel? My question then would be, can I after ive booked and paid for it???

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Tammy S

Thank you for your feedback. I'm very sorry but I am not sure how I can help you. I do want to assure you we have some microwaves and fridges here for rent at very reasonable rates. Just let us know in advance. We are also 1 block or 10-15 minutes walk from the park entrance in Downtown Disney. You can buy discounted tickets at our front desk for two or three day passes and you can enter the park with them (or other Disney passes) at the Monorail stop in Downtown Disney. Please feel free to call me at the hotel so I can help you further.

Thank you!

Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I just booked this hotel today to take my grandson to Disnryland. I booked through a travel agent. I initially asked for.a suite so I could have some time to myself after he went to sleep. But she told me there were no suites available. I was very excited about staying at this hotel until I read the reviews. My travel agent neglected to tell me there were no refrigerators in the rooms. This is a major unconvinced for me travelling with a 7 year old who has health issues and I won't be able to have any refrigerator snacks or healthy foods on hand. I wonder if it's too late for me to change hotels. To read the closest place to eat is in the hotel and it is pricey scares me.

If I am not able to change hotels hopefully the positive I read makes up for the shortcomings. I will just have to buy a cooler to store snacks to replace a refrigerator.
Frusterating as in Canada all our hotels have mini refrigerators.

Melissa Klasen

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Canadiansista
Tom V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland), responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

HI there. We do have a limited amount fridges and microwaves available. I've reserved them for you and we look forward to seeing you in March! Please call me if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for four nights in a standard 2 queen bedroom over a holiday weekend and the first 3 nights were fine. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful at this point. On our 3rd day at Disneyland we checked our bank account to find out that the hotel charged us over $200 extra by mistake. I called the hotel and was placed on hold for 10 minutes!! I ended up hanging up and calling back and the front desk put me on hold again to look into for 8 minutes.. When they came back on the line they told me that the guy who had checked us in made a mistake and charged our full amount rather than just the partial for the deposit and that they would refund the money within 5 days.. No big deal right? He also agreed to give me a receipt for records as they made a mistake. Later that night when we returned to the hotel we found ants crawling over the bed adjacent to the one we were sleeping in and we called the front desk. They asked if they could send someone up from housekeeping to look at it. (keep in mind that our days were spent at disneyland from opening to closing and all our meals were outside of the hotel.) The guy that was sent up looked at the bed and left. He didn't speak English very well so my fiance wasn't sure what he said and then the front desk called us and asked us if housekeeping came up then he said that the ants did not seem to keep coming and that he thought that was all that it was going to be. He said the hotel was booked and we couldn't switch rooms although he had mentioned that earlier as being an option, but since the ants were not spreading he said if it got worse he could send someone up to change the linens and he would give us free breakfast vouchers. Due to the fact that we had already paid for our room, we did not have many options. I checked all the linens in our bed to make sure there were not any ants which thankfully there were not. The next morning we went to the front desk, to get the breakfast vouchers and the woman at the front desk apologized and offered us a later check out (at 12pm instead of 11am) which we did not take and gave us our breakfast vouchers. She also comped 2 days of the parking fees for a total of $23- We thanked her and went to the restaurant at the hotel. At that point I realized I forgot to get the receipt that was promised and went back to her to get and she told me that no mistake was made and that she could not give me a receipt unless she hand wrote it. Really? Get your stories straight people!! The front desk manager from the night before, Roberto, clearly said a mistake was made and that he would provide a receipt when we got to the front desk.
When we were seated we found out the breakfast voucher was only good for one specific meal on the menu and if we ordered anything other than that meal it was full price or we could get the buffet and pay $4. We waited for someone to come to our table and bring coffee or even ask if we wanted anything to drink. No one came by and we decided to go get the buffet at that point and came back to the table and still no one stopped by. We saw a table approached 4 separate times for water, coffee, etc and we still were never approached. The table next to us was seated right about the time we decided to go to the buffet and when we got back neither of us had been approached. I tried to flag someone down but nobody came by. We finished our breakfast without beverages (coffee) and sat their for a good 5 minutes waiting for someone to bring our bill by. The table next to us was finally approached and coffee brought and then the server came to us and asked if we wanted anything to drink. Are you serious? We had our napkins on the table and clearly had already eaten. I told her it was too late but we would like our bill. We were still charged for the bill even without any form of service. This was the final straw for us and we will never come back to this hotel again. EVER.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alesha M
Tom V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland), responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are very sorry we did not provide you with our normal excellent service. I assure you my staff and myself are doing everything in our power to make sure this does not happen again.

We would love to have you stay with us again and allow us to show you our improvements. Please call me at the hotel if you have any questions or comments.

714-678-0301

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We took a trip to Southern California with our 2 year old grand daughter and had a great stay at this hotel. The front desk staff, the restaurant employees, and housekeeping staff were very helpful and professional. We have stayed here before and will again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ducka62

Thank you for your kind comments. I will definitely share them with our team. We hope to see you again soon!