We stayed at this hotel for four nights in a standard 2 queen bedroom over a holiday weekend and the first 3 nights were fine. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful at this point. On our 3rd day at Disneyland we checked our bank account to find out that the hotel charged us over $200 extra by mistake. I called the hotel and was placed on hold for 10 minutes!! I ended up hanging up and calling back and the front desk put me on hold again to look into for 8 minutes.. When they came back on the line they told me that the guy who had checked us in made a mistake and charged our full amount rather than just the partial for the deposit and that they would refund the money within 5 days.. No big deal right? He also agreed to give me a receipt for records as they made a mistake. Later that night when we returned to the hotel we found ants crawling over the bed adjacent to the one we were sleeping in and we called the front desk. They asked if they could send someone up from housekeeping to look at it. (keep in mind that our days were spent at disneyland from opening to closing and all our meals were outside of the hotel.) The guy that was sent up looked at the bed and left. He didn't speak English very well so my fiance wasn't sure what he said and then the front desk called us and asked us if housekeeping came up then he said that the ants did not seem to keep coming and that he thought that was all that it was going to be. He said the hotel was booked and we couldn't switch rooms although he had mentioned that earlier as being an option, but since the ants were not spreading he said if it got worse he could send someone up to change the linens and he would give us free breakfast vouchers. Due to the fact that we had already paid for our room, we did not have many options. I checked all the linens in our bed to make sure there were not any ants which thankfully there were not. The next morning we went to the front desk, to get the breakfast vouchers and the woman at the front desk apologized and offered us a later check out (at 12pm instead of 11am) which we did not take and gave us our breakfast vouchers. She also comped 2 days of the parking fees for a total of $23- We thanked her and went to the restaurant at the hotel. At that point I realized I forgot to get the receipt that was promised and went back to her to get and she told me that no mistake was made and that she could not give me a receipt unless she hand wrote it. Really? Get your stories straight people!! The front desk manager from the night before, Roberto, clearly said a mistake was made and that he would provide a receipt when we got to the front desk.
When we were seated we found out the breakfast voucher was only good for one specific meal on the menu and if we ordered anything other than that meal it was full price or we could get the buffet and pay $4. We waited for someone to come to our table and bring coffee or even ask if we wanted anything to drink. No one came by and we decided to go get the buffet at that point and came back to the table and still no one stopped by. We saw a table approached 4 separate times for water, coffee, etc and we still were never approached. The table next to us was seated right about the time we decided to go to the buffet and when we got back neither of us had been approached. I tried to flag someone down but nobody came by. We finished our breakfast without beverages (coffee) and sat their for a good 5 minutes waiting for someone to bring our bill by. The table next to us was finally approached and coffee brought and then the server came to us and asked if we wanted anything to drink. Are you serious? We had our napkins on the table and clearly had already eaten. I told her it was too late but we would like our bill. We were still charged for the bill even without any form of service. This was the final straw for us and we will never come back to this hotel again. EVER.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our newly renovated property presents guests with a fun and modern art deco ambiance suitable for both business travelers and families alike. This amenities-rich, full-service hotel offers spacious guestrooms and suites at an affordable rate right in the heart of Orange County, adjacent to Disneyland(R), Disney's California Adventure(R), Downtown Disney(R), and with easy access to the Anaheim Convention Center, and many other Southern California attractions. Now welcoming small dogs!! A fee does apply. Book our 60th Anniversary package and receive a $60 food and beverage credit during your stay. (One $60 credit voucher per stay) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, IHG, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites Anaheim (1 Blk/Disneyland)
- Holiday Inn Hotel Anaheim
- Holiday Inn Anaheim
- Anaheim Holiday Inn