Stayed here for a week, booked through one of those 'blind' booking sites to save some money during the busy holiday season. The room was comfortable, and we ended up with a 2 Queen bed room, which was perfect for us. The room was right near the elevator, which I was initially concerned about, but the elevator was surprisingly quiet, so it wasn't an issue. The front desk staff were very courteous and helpful as well.
There is not much around the hotel, just a convencience store at the gas station around the corner, so dining options are limited to the hotel restaurant unless you want to walk to Downtown Disney.
We ended up eating 3 times at the restaurant, due to timing and circumstance. The first time was bad, I ordered the T-bone steak and when it came, the server asked if I wanted A-1 sauce. If they are offering sauce before you have taken a bite, you know it's going to be bad. And it was. Bland, overdone, no flavor at all. My wife's Blackened salmon was seasoned to death. We weren't going to eat there again, but then were stuck in the hotel during a rainstorm so we went and got breakfast there - surprise, surprise, it was really good! In hindsight, I guess it's pretty hard to mess up pancakes. So we thought, ok maybe it's just a one-off. Well, got breakfast there on the day we checked out and it was Horrible. With a capital H. I ordered a California omelette and it was over-cooked eggs with a couple pieces of bacon thrown in then folded over with unmelted cheese inside. Avocado was on the side and was more brown than green. Hashbrowns were charred on top, and cold in the middle. I sent it back. I mean, I'm not expecting 5-star dining, but if I sit down at a restaurant I expect it to be a good meal, this felt like someone couldn't even be bothered to try.
So - nice location even though it's a bit of a walk to Disney, just avoid the restaurant if you can.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our newly renovated property presents guests with a fun and modern art deco ambiance suitable for both business travelers and families alike. This amenities-rich, full-service hotel offers spacious guestrooms and suites at an affordable rate right in the heart of Orange County, adjacent to Disneyland(R), Disney's California Adventure(R), Downtown Disney(R), and with easy access to the Anaheim Convention Center, and many other Southern California attractions. Now welcoming small dogs!! A fee does apply. Book our 60th Anniversary package and receive a $60 food and beverage credit during your stay. (One $60 credit voucher per stay) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites Anaheim (1 Blk/Disneyland)
- Holiday Inn Hotel Anaheim
- Holiday Inn Anaheim
- Anaheim Holiday Inn