I booked this hotel for a 4 night stay near the Disneyland Resort. My husband and two year old son joined me on this trip. The hotel was great for this particular stay. For a 3-star property, the room was very clean and well maintained. The hallways smelled funny, similar to smoke, but the rooms were fine. The only complaints I have regarding the room (king bed, 5th floor) is that it was small and space was tight, and the pillows were smaller than standard size. But yes, the room was clean when we checked in and housekeeping did a great job every day we were there.
Pool and Spa were perfect for us. It never got too crowded. Each visit to the pool, we had to request more towels be provided. They had these great cabana units, similar to those shells you could rent on the beach. They had pool side menus but I never saw anyone come out to take orders, but we didn't require the pool side service anyway.
On two occasions during our stay, we were able to order from their restaurant even though it was closed. I thought this was very accommodating of them. They have a pizza place on-site that serves whole pizza (personal pan, also) until 1am. Perfect if you left the park hungry but are too tired to make any other stops.
Parking is plentiful ($10/day), which is a problem that I've had at other Anaheim properties. I believe the parking lot was patrolled because we received a note on our windshield because we failed to display our permit. The hotel itself is located very close to the Mickey and Friends Parking Garage and the Downtown Disney self-parking lot. We never attempted to walk from the hotel because it looked too far. We were parked in the Mickey and Friends parking garage within 10 minutes of leaving our hotel, and that includes time waiting in line to get into the garage and then driving through the maze. You could probably walk to Downtown Disney, but we didn't try. Another advantage to its location is that its away from all the traffic on Harbor Blvd. and Ball Road.
I would stay here again if I was on a budget or if I was traveling with others on a strict budget. Otherwise, I would pay a little more to stay in a Doubletree or Hyatt even though the distance is farther.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our newly renovated property presents guests with a fun and modern art deco ambiance suitable for both business travelers and families alike. This amenities-rich, full-service hotel offers spacious guestrooms and suites at an affordable rate right in the heart of Orange County, adjacent to Disneyland(R), Disney's California Adventure(R), Downtown Disney(R), and with easy access to the Anaheim Convention Center, and many other Southern California attractions. Now welcoming small dogs!! A fee does apply. Book our 60th Anniversary package and receive a $60 food and beverage credit during your stay. (One $60 credit voucher per stay) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites Anaheim (1 Blk/Disneyland)
- Holiday Inn Hotel Anaheim
- Holiday Inn Anaheim
- Anaheim Holiday Inn