“Holiday Inn & Suites, Anaheim Super Clean, Comfortable and Friendly”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland)
Ranked #39 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed August 26, 2011

My wife and I made a trip last weekend to Anaheim, Ca. and Disneyland. As a travel agent one purpose of the trip was to check out a different hotel in the area that I could (hopefully) recommend to clients. We have stayed at many motels and hotels there. While most were adequate only a few really stood out as commendable but one has a more rustic theme that might not appeal to everyone and the others are generally more expensive.

This time we stayed at the Holiday Inn & Suites, one of Disney’s Good Neighbor hotels. This hotel is adjacent to Disney’s Mickey and Friends Parking Structure and just down the street from Downtown Disney. For the big city it was a reasonably quiet well manicured location away from freeway noise yet only a couple of blocks from the entrance to I-5.

At check in the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Check in was a breeze and even though we had arrived around noon, they had a room ready and let us in right away.
Be aware there is a $10/day resort fee but even that is reasonable for the ample parking close to the hotel unlike many of the bigger resort hotels in the area.

My first (and lasting) impression was how clean everything was, so much so that I gave the room the white glove treatment and could not even find any dust. WOW! The bed was comfortable, a king size with extra padding, and the room was quiet. We were on the side away from the parking structure and could barely hear noise from it, but it was an almost comforting thump-thump of car tires on the ramp. The only thing I found lacking was the fact that there was no refrigerator in the room. I’m guessing that this is because they are a “Green Friendly” facility. We got by fine without one.

The hotel has a small gym area with what seemed to be very new equipment. There is a business center with two computers and printers (fee applies) but free Wi-Fi in the rooms. The restaurant in the hotel serves good food in large portions, reasonably priced about like a Denny’s. Once when we were eating, there were some small children allowed to (literally) run wild through the restaurant. I don’t really hold this against the restaurant but the adults who were allowing and even encouraging it. Just be aware your quiet lunch or dinner could be interrupted because the Hotel is family friendly.

This is one of, if not THE, nicest hotel I have stayed at in the Anaheim area. I will be highly recommending it to my friends and clients.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank rdtaylorsr
Write a ReviewReviews (1,279)

Reviewed August 19, 2011

We stayed here for four nights on our trip to disneyland. The location is excellent, its about at 10-15 minute walk to disneyland which some people may not like to do however there is also a ART stop at this hotel which is basically a shuttle that stops at certain hotels and then disneyland is the final stop. Passes for the art are a couple of dollars and can be bought from the hotel at the little shop in there. The staff at this hotel were wonderful, incredibly helpful and they put on a wonderful breakfast. I will be staying here again on my next trip to disneyland for sure!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Place was clean, but how can you be a suite if you have no fridge, no microwave and small rooms. If your for business, ok but families for Disney, charges add up. 10 dollar resort charge per day added. They never could tell me what this is for as there is nothing they offer that makes it a resort style.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Jeff S
Reviewed August 3, 2011

My sister and I stayed 3 nights at the Holiday Inn. I was surprised at how nice the bed was, bedding and how clean the hotel was. There were people cleaning everywhere we went. I even saw a man spraying bug spray on the grounds. I never saw one bug. Everyone was so nice. I used the free Wi-Fi. We watched the fireworks from Disneyland right outside our room.
The food in the restaruant was good. Downtown Disney was just around the corner.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Marlinda01
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We booked this hotel through Hotwire and got a good rate. But upon checking in the clerk talked my husband into upgrading to a suite- that tacked on an extra $50. So much for the savings but I'm not going to complain much. The room was immaculate. Thank goodness because that has not been our experience lately...

The master bedroom had a queen bed, a large tv, side tables and lamps and the bathroom. It was very spacious and the bedding was lovely. The bathroom was very clean. The cable channels were adequate and there's free WiFi. There are french doors to separate the master room from the living room which has a sofa sleeper, two chairs, a desk, some lamps and another large tv. There is a nice sized kitchen with a bar counter with stools- very nice. There's also a small refrigerator and microwave.

The pool was very inviting and restaurant on site was good. It could use a little updating but that's okay. There's a pretty decent menu- enough to satisfy anyone's taste. There's a gift shop on site as well. Added bonus- at night you get a pretty good view of the fire works display from Disneyland. ;-)

If you are a walker it is close enough to Disneyland but I believe they have a shuttle- we drove ourselves. From my experience here, I would definitely recommend it. Our stay was very pleasant and comfortable. Every time we walked by the front desk the clerks had a smile for us and the waitresses/waiters in the restaurant were very friendly and swift. We have no complaints about our stay at all will stay here again. Thumbs up!

Reviewed July 29, 2011

Although not a luxury hotel it offered great stuff. Room's were small and the bathroom was. Need to revamp the rooms, looking really dated. Enjoyed the hotel pool and breaky. Waffles and Pancakes are beautiful. The staff were very nice and helpful from the first minute we got their to the last. All in all really enjoyed it and also enjoyed the firework show we got every night from Disneyland.

2  Thank Daniel C
Reviewed July 25, 2011

The service at this hotel was very good, and the rooms were comfortable.

There is a shuttle available at an extra fee for like a 10 minutes ride and they drop you at the maingate.

The best surpirse at this hotel was the restaurant.... what a great breakfast we had!!!! Everything was fresh and tasty, price is very reasonable and they give a discount if you are Priority Club Member.

1  Thank JPLCA
SGilliom, Marketing Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland), responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2011

Thank you! We are happy to hear that you loved your stay, and I couldn't agree more, the breakfast options are fantastic! Kids love our Mickey Mouse-shaped pancakes, be sure to order some of them if you're staying here with children.

Thank you again for the recommendation, and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

your team from the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim