“Lived up to previous reviews”
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #4 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed January 2, 2006

We selected the Candy Cane Inn based on Trip Advisor reviews and we weren't disappointed. It was close to all amenities we needed and to the Disney parks. It was clean, beds were comfortable, very quiet, grounds were immaculate and beautiful, breakfast was just what we needed (having the fresh fruit every day was a bonus), staff was helpful and courteous, reasonable rates, and we could watch Disney fireworks from the outside walkway just in front of our 2nd floor room. Disney shuttle runs every half hour. We would definitely stay here again!

17  Thank LandDMemories
Management response:Responded January 10, 2006

Thank You for sharing your kind words!! I'm delighted everything met with your approval, and we'll certainly look forward to serving you again! Don't forget to share your Refer A Friend cards...it's a great way to earn credits toward your future stays!

There are newer reviews for Candy Cane Inn

Reviewed December 23, 2005

We booked the Candy Cane for our stay in Anaheim, part of longer trip to California. We were not dissapointed. The place is every bit a beautiful as people say. The rooms are clean and more than adequate. The parking is very handy. You get a really nice morning breakfast included. The pool and spa area is lovely. AND the location is right next to Disneyland, a shuttle bus even save you the five minute walk should you wish.
We really loved the place, to have a turned what is basically a motel into such a beautiful place full of charm and character is a real achievement.
If we return to Anaheim we WILL stay at the Candy Cane Inn.

• Stayed: October 2005
14  Thank JohnCarter
Reviewed December 8, 2005

We have stay at this motel for the last four years. WHay do we keep coming back???? The excellent service, great location and incredibly clean beautiful grounds are the main lure.

The service is over and beyond what one might expect in even a 5 star hotel. One of the assistant managers, very pretty blonde girl, has been an asset over the years in giving us good local information on restaurants and shopping and such. We always look forward to seeing her. Jeff the manager was keen and attentive when we had a problem one day with the hot water. We always feel like we are being very very well taken care of.

Location is a true 7 min walk from the ticket booths and what a blessing it is having the 7-11 hidden away next door. Our son loved the slushees there.....

Grounds are kept spotlessly clean and beautiful with the many flowers and plants. The rooms have always passed the white sock test.
I travel a great deal for business and am always staying at "5-star" hotels. Is the Candy Cane a 5-starer??? For a family run motel, In my opinion it is....:)

• Stayed: December 2005
22  Thank quincytoo
Management response:Responded January 10, 2006

Thank you so very much for sharing such kind words. I've shared them with the staff as we all love being caught "doing something right", and the service you experience truly comes from the heart. Be sure to let me know when you're planning your next visit, I would love to meet you!

Reviewed December 3, 2005

I stayed at the Candy Cane Inn with my elderly parents 11/21 - 11/23/05. We arrived in the afternoon, Monday, 11/21 and found the parking lot very crowded, we were able to get the last handicapped spot, so this was ok.
The hotel was accommodating as I'd asked for a room on the first floor and we had a nice room, not too far from the ice machine.
The breakfast choices were good, but the inside room is very small and it is a little cool in the morning to sit outside by the pool.
From what I could tell, this hotel is popular with families, lots of kids in the pool at all hours.
I think in the future, I will stay at a place a little further south on Harbor Bl as the Anaheim Resort transit has shuttles about as office as Candy Cane Inn's shuttle, though I understand they are $3 now.

6  Thank socal4me
A TripAdvisor Member
Louisville, CO
Reviewed November 30, 2005

We stayed at the Candy Cane Inn from 11/17/05 through 11/22/05. We had stayed there in 2004 and had a good experience. After our first night there this year, we awoke early to get ready for our first day at Disneyland. My wife came out of the bathroom and screamed...there was some sort of animal that had burrowed through the ceiling and was working it's way into our room (over the TV cabinet). We had a second floor room. I could see ceiling material (drywall) that was hanging down, some of it now in our opened luggage. I got a brief glimpse of some part of the animal, but another shower of ceiling material and another scream from my wife and I went into crisis management mode. I sent my kids (4 and 1) and wife into the bathroom and called maintenance. Someone came immediately (6:30 am!) and I showed them the hole and the mess. I suspected it was a bird of some sort, but the maintenance guy suspected a rat. He called the front desk and they got us another room within a few minutes, on the first floor. They helped us move our luggage down to the new room and we began to calm down. This room had a horrible clanking noise right behind the bathroom, so I went outside to see what was behind our room. It was the boiler room. I told my wife that it might just be pipes making noise while the hot water heater was being taxed by all of the morning showers.

I went to the front desk and asked to speak with the manager on duty. He was radioed and arrived momentarily and I asked to speak with him privately. I think his name was Jeff. We went into his office and I told him the story of our last 30 minutes. I am one who understands that sometimes things happen and my judge of a quality hotel is how they are handled after the fact. The manager was surprised by my story and offered me half off the rate for our first night's stay (we were staying 5 nights.) He quickly shifted any blame to the hotel next door or the dumpster of the 7-11 next door. He said that he had been up on the roof the previous day personally looking for any holes in the roof that animals might get into, so it was obvious to me that he knew there was an issue. I can't remember him ever apologizing and I was upset about that. I also mentioned that the new room he moved us into had some clanking coming from behind it that was awfully loud. He claimed there was no boiler room behind our room. I left our meeting less than satisfied. My family went on to Disneyland for the day and tried to make the best of the whole ordeal.

When we returned that evening, the clanking was still happening. It would've been impossible to sleep. I went back to the lobby and there was a sign up saying that water would be turned off the next day for some of the rooms due to a problem with the furnace (?). I spoke to the assistant manager and she said she had just moved someone in the room above us and was willing to move us too. When I relayed our story of the morning, she offered to upgrade us to a premium room. The only premium room available was on the second floor and that wasn't an option for my wife now, so I declined that offer. She then offered us a reduced room rate ($92/nt) for the remainder of our stay. She moved us to a different first floor room and a cart help moved our luggage to the new room. We stayed there for four more nights, without serious incident. We found all other aspects of this hotel to be satisfactory (breakfast, shuttle, laundry, etc.) At breakfast one day, we did see a mouse crawl by under the bushes near where we were sitting, so it's clear to me that there is a rodent problem in the area. Other hotels in the area might be experiencing similar issues. I fully expect that after our rodent incident, that the Candy Cane will be working hard with exterminators to address the problem, but we were somewhat less than enthralled with the way they dealt with it in our case.

38  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 26, 2005

I researched everywhere prior to booking our trip through Walt Disney Travel. My first choice has always been the Grand but I just haven't been able to justify the cost involved in that stay. So, I crossed my fingers and hoped that all the great reviews from trip advisor were correct. I know that everyone has different tastes, so I always take every review with a grain of salt. I was NOT disappointed! I absolutely LOVE the Candy Cane Inn!! It was everything I wanted in this trip. I wanted to take a fun trip with my two teenagers to my absolute favorite place in the world! I know they aren't going to want to travel to "Disneyland" with me much longer so I really wanted it to be a trip we could remember together. My sister and her two teenage daughters also got a room at the Candy Cane Inn as well. Everything was perfect....from check in to check out! We encountered absolutely no problems our entire stay. The rooms have been described as small...but I thought they were just fine. They were also absolutely, spotlessly clean...(which is my biggest request for any room that I stay in.) Compared to another hotel that I had stayed in 2 years ago...this was a wonderful surprise!! The continental breakfast was a great addition...it got us right through to lunch which helped save us money for food. The kids all enjoyed the pool one night (I was too exhausted to venture out there, but they all loved it.) The shuttle was wonderful to utilize on those last days when the walk seemed longer than normal. I still want to stay at the Grand Californian just once at some point, but until then...it will only be the Candy Cane Inn for me!

28  Thank kares
Management response:Responded January 10, 2006

Thank you for sharing such a lovely note and I'm thrilled we could be part of this wonderful memory building time for you and your family. You will always have a warm welcome waiting for you here...don't forget to use the Refer A Friend Cards you received at checkout to earn credits toward your next visit!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 24, 2005

My daughter and I just returned from the Candy Cane Inn. We stayed 3 nights and really enjoyed it - we had a premium room and the extras were really worth it. It was very nice to have breakfast delivered to our room each morning and the free video rentals and turn down service were a nice touch. We will definitely stay here again when traveling to Disneyland. Oh and the shuttle was always on time both to and from the "Mouse House".

17  Thank A TripAdvisor Member