“Candy Cane is Great”
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #5 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Windsor
“Candy Cane is Great”
Reviewed March 23, 2009

This was our first trip to Disneyland and our stay at the Candy Cane was excellent. It was very clean and the rooms were large and modern. The free breakfast was well stocked and was a great start to the day. The beds were very comfortable. The staff was very nice also. Our son loved the free wireless internet. The location was excellent and only a 5 minute walk from the park. I think the greatest compliment you can give hotel is that you would stay there again. We will stay at the Candy Cane next time we go to Disneyland. We have stayed many times at Disneyworld properties in Florida and I think the Candy Cane was nicer. Keep up the good work Candy Cane!

5 Thank BigJ62
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, March 28, 2009
I am so happy that you enjoyed your first visit to the Disneyland Resort and our Inn. We do pride ourselves on being a friendly, clean and comfortable property offering exceptional guest service. Thank you again for your business and feel free to contact me directly for assistance on making reservations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
Davis, CA
Reviewed March 22, 2009

This was our first stay at the Candy Cane Inn. The location is great, an easy walk to the Park. They have a shuttle every half hour as well. The staff is very friendly. Room was a tad small, however it was very clean and comfortable. There is a basic breakfast every morning, cereal, donuts, bagels, fruit. Perfect for a quick breakfast before heading to the park. Overall, a great spot for a family trip to Disneyland. The only negative is that they don't have high speed internet access, however most people staying there are on vacation so I guess its not that big a deal.

Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank djt68
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, March 23, 2009
Thank you so much for choosing the Candy Cane Inn and your comments on your first visit. We do have WIFI throughout our guestrooms, poolside and our garden room. If you had connectivity issues I apologize as we are continually adding access points as we learn of any weak spots. In addition we are more than happy to print boarding passes or directions at the front desk for guests who travel without a laptop. Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Vancouver BC
Reviewed March 22, 2009

Our family of three- 8 year old daughter- stayed at the Candy Cane for a spring break trip to Disneyland and were generally pleased with the hotel. The staff were always helpful, though unaware of a discount ticket agency in the nearby mall, the shuttle was always on time and well used by us, the rooms clean and the pool area well kept and landscaped.
We opted for a premium room and while it came as advertised the value was debated by my wife and I as we walked past other rooms that had open doors and realized they are all very similiar- though the microwave was a bonus- and despite calls and visits to the front desk on three separate days we never did get our room safe reset for our stay.
The late check out was a bonus as we used that to do one more visit to Disneyland for our favorite rides and we really liked the breakfast delivered to our room each morning.
I would stay at the Candy Cane Inn again

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and providing us this very valuable feedback. I sincerely apologize that your safe was not properly attended to as this is certainly not the customer service that we aspire to deliver. Your concerns will be shared with our team as we certainly strive to provide 5's to all our guests. Thank you again and we do appreciate your business and comments.
California
Reviewed March 20, 2009

Wow................these guys have been perfecting their act and now blow the competition out of the water. My wife and I always fly from northern CA to Disneyland at least once a year. This year we decided to drive any try to reduce the usual stress of airports and rental cars. This "Motel" offers an upgrade service which costs far less than ANY of the major hotels nearby and their customer service is second to none. With evening turn down service, in room breakfasts, a free timely shuttle and a a great staff, I won't ever stay anywhere else for my Disney trips. Hilton should drop the attitude and learn a lesson from these guys. The parking lot can sometimes get tight but the positives far outweigh walking a few spaces to your romm.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Producer47
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, March 26, 2009
Thank you for staying with us and your comments regarding our Premium Guestrooms. Many guests enjoy the additional features and services provided. Upgraded toiletries, arrival amenity, grind and brew coffee, microwave oven, DVD/VCR player with complimentary movies, bath robes, evening turndown service, the morning expanded continental breakfast delivered to the room and the 2pm check-out time. Yes, parking can be a little tight with so many folks driving SUV's and families however we do issue parking permits and monitor the lot. Again, thank you for your business!
California
Reviewed March 19, 2009

We just returned from our second stay here and absolutely loved it! We always arrive a day early just to relax and enjoy the heated pool and kiddie pool (I think that the kids liked swimming almost as much as going to Disneyland!) Great for families with young children, the rooms have small refrigerators and it is directly next to a convenience store, so we were able to purchase and store milk and other snacks. The rooms are small but we were able to easily put up a portable crib and still have plenty of room. I love the fact that it is a small hotel and after walking all day you do not have to walk another mile to get to your room. The free shuttle and breakfast were a great addition, we took advantage of both of these services daily! We rented strollers in Disney so although the walk is short (only about 5 min) it would have been difficult carrying two kids so the shuttle was perfect, it was always on time and rarely full. The drivers were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast had a good selection of fruit, cereal, bagels, pastries, coffee, and juice something to get you out the door and I loved that my husband could go get breakfast while I dressed the kids and bring it back to our room to eat. They have a table and 2 chairs in the room which was perfect and much easier than trying to take the kids somewhere to eat. I also appreciate that they do not charge for parking. The staff was extremely accomodating to my special requests when I made my reservation. I booked 3 rooms and asked for the ground floor and that they be next to each other, which was exactly what I got when I checked in. The grounds are beautiful and the rooms are very clean and well stocked. Overall a very good value and a great relaxing place to stay. I can't wait to come back next year!

2 Thank CaliforniaMommy02
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, March 25, 2009
Thank you for staying with us for your second time, we do appreciate your business. We try and accommodate all guest requests as it pertains to room assignments. In regards to our Pool, Spa and Kiddie Pool they are heated year round for kids of all ages to enjoy. We do pride ourselves on the fact that we have no hidden fees and all you pay is room and occupancy tax. Our expanded continental breakfast, exclusive shuttle to the Disneyland theme parks and parking are all complimentary. Again, thank you for being a return guest and please feel free to contact me directly when making next years reservations.
fresno, ca
Reviewed March 19, 2009

The motel is very well maintained and professionally managed.

Danilo Gonzalez, Executive Housekeeper, personally went above and beyond expectations to promptly return via overnight courier some personal items we left behind in our room safe. Outstanding service!

1 Thank jkmunro
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, March 24, 2009
Thank you for staying with us and posting your experience on Tripadvisor. Your comments regarding Danilo are most appreciated as he is one of a kind and a true gentleman. He manages our housekeeping department and is responsible for lost and found. He personally calls every guest that inquires about lost and found and goes the extra mile to make sure any forgotten items are returned promptly and safely. Warm regards!
Scottsdale, AZ
Reviewed March 15, 2009

We were only here one night but won't be returning. The rooms were clean but the in room a/c unit is just too loud. We found it very difficult to sleep. The unit is right next to one of the beds and it makes a lot of noise. No fault of the hotel, rude customers insist on using the "Beep" on their car alarms at all hours! The rooms have outside entrances to the parking lot and some people are extremely inconsiderate of others!!!

2 Thank WeRfromAZ
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, March 18, 2009
Thank you for staying with us and I apologize for the lack of sleep you received at our Inn. In regards to the guests beeping their car alarms this is something that we all should be more respectful with. With an outside entrance hotel parking lot noise can be an issue as it pertains to light sleepers. I am sorry that your A/C unit was noisy and if at any time we are notified of such the unit is immediately changed out or we offer to move our guest. If you would like to return and let us restore faith your confidence please contact me personally.