“Good, but not great!”
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #4 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed March 27, 2014

After reading the reviews, I gave this hotel a try and found it to be less than expected. It took too long to check in, but the staff was nice. I got the premium room, but found little about it to be premium. The furnishings looked to be out of the 60's, the fridge was too small, and the microwave was placed at foot level so I had to practically lie down to use it. When my daughter flushed the toilet, it wouldn't stop running so I had to get dirty to fix it. The breakfast in the room was really nice, as was the late check out. But although the shuttle service was fine and timely most of the time, it was late when I left Disneyland at 11:45 P.M. in the rain on my final night of my stay. When I called to complain, I was told it had already been there, but other guests waiting confirmed it had not. So I called back to complain, and was told the driver was getting gas! Are you kidding me? They lied to me at first, then made my family (and others) wait in the cold until midnight because they cant get gas at a better time? Then to top it off, the driver looked annoyed that we had called to complain, and never apologized for his tardiness nor our inconvenience. It definitely put a sour impression on what otherwise had been a pleasurable trip.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

First and foremost I would like to sincerely apologize for the items you noted. I do thank you for your response to my email I sent you and as I stated before we do listen to all comments and while we never want to disappoint our guests, we do value these opportunities to continue to train and grow our guest service. Thank you again for your business and kind regards!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,853)

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Stayed here for our last adult Disney vacation.

Great spot to get to Disney. Close enough so we never had to take the bus, we just walked in and out.
This is an older property, but it in kept in absolutely great condition. And yes, the air conditioning worked very well.

Breakfast very crowded, but hey.. it's by Disney. Coffee & fruit excellent. It is a welcoming little oasis at the end of a busy Disney day or evening.

We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and we certainly appreciate your kind comments and are delighted that you would stay with us again in the future. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with reservations. Kind regards!

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We chose this motel based on this web site's recommendations and we are glad we did. The free shuttle to Disneyland every half hour was a key for us. They departed on time and picked us up on time and the drivers were very nice. The ride takes about 5 minutes.

The rooms were nice and the beds comfortable. The breakfast was plentiful and continually stocked; we never had to wait for an empty table. You can eat inside or out by the pool. The service is top notch as indicated by the fact that we left a couple of items in our rooms after we checked out and they put them in the mail the next day. There is a mall nearby, within walking distance, that has several good restaurants.

Folks, this is a great value and the perfect place for a trip to Disneyland.

Room Tip: They only have 3 rooms with king size beds so if you need one you should reserve early.
1  Thank GeorgeG1947

Thank you for staying with us and I am happy that you enjoyed the Candy Cane Inn and all the complimentary amenities we have to offer. We appreciate your kind comments and it is our pleasure to provide our guests with excellent customer service. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as I would be delighted to assist with future reservations. Kind regards!

Reviewed March 26, 2014

We have stayed here twice now and both times the service was excellent! The location is great, close but not too close. The breakfast is good and has something for everyone. The pool area is nice and never was overcrowded. The grounds are spotless and beautiful. The shuttle is nice and runs on time always. We would not think of staying anywhere else now that we have been spoiled by the Candy Cane Inn. Looking forward to our next trip!!!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Thank you so much for being a repeat member of the Candy Cane Inn family. We appreciate your business and kind comments regarding our property and team of service professionals. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We've stayed here about every 2-3 years when we visit Disneyland. We are never disappointed!
Continental breakfast has a variety of items and enough to more than fill us up before heading to the park.
Housekeeping is great, room is clean and comfortable and any issues are quickly resolved. Our tub drained slowly, told the front desk and by the time we returned from the park it was fixed.
As you have read previous reviews this is definitely the place to stay while in Anaheim.
A big shout out to Michael for his excellent and gracious service at the front desk.

3  Thank lkmama
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity on your recent visit to the Theme Parks, we appreciate your business and kind comments. We take great pride in our hotel and our wonderful staff, including Michael and we thank you for recognizing this. I do apologize for the issue with your tub but I am glad we were able to resolve it in a timely and efficient manner. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with reservations. Kind regards!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

The reviews appear accurate for this independent hotel. This is a conveniently located hotel, close to Disneyland, with breakfast included and a bus to transit back and forth. A small pool and hot tubs are also available for refreshing times between Disney visits. They are the essentials, given that you likely won't be at the hotel much. The hotel room is starting to appear dated - with loud (and old) air conditioners. Not a modern hotel by any standard, and beds a little 'soft', but after all the walking at Disneyland, sleep is easy to come by. Service is excellent and surrounds of hotel kept perfectly updated. So, value for money is excellent.

Room Tip: Get a corner suite
1  Thank DorashCalgary

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity on your recent visit and I am pleased that you concurred that our TripAdvisor reviews were right on the money. We do aspire to deliver a quality product and exceptional friendly service to each and every guest that stays with us. We look forward to having you stay with us again. Kind regards!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Stayed here first week of March. Haven't stayed at the hotel since 2001. Hotel is so clean with great staff we weren't disappointed. It seems like all the staff members have worked there long term, so that says a lot for the hotel as well to us.The complimentary shuttle makes long days at Disney no big deal. We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel last year and I think as far as cleanliness, convenience, and most of all cost we would totally stay at Candy Cane again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Farmernite

Thank you so much for being a repeat member of the Candy Cane Inn family. We appreciate your business and kind comments regarding our property and team of service professionals. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with reservations. Kind regards!