“UNBELIEVEABLE!”
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #6 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stayed at the Candy Cane Inn last year for Christmas trip to Disneyland. We loved and it and returned again this past December. Clean rooms, friendly staff, and a good breakfast in the morning, that is what I was expecting.We again were very happy with our stay. What was an unbelieveable experience for us this time was that I left a bag full of Disney souveniers behind. It wasn't until 3 days after we left Candy Cane Inn we arrived home to find out what I had done. I immediately called and was connected to Mr.Danilo Gonzalez, housekeeping supervisor. He said he would check the lost and found and return my call as soon as possible. To tell you the truth, I didn't think they would be found since so much time had passed since we had checked out. To my surprise, he called back the very same afternoon, with good news, they had found my souveniers:) Mr. Gonzalez packaged everything for me, and mailed it to my home in Texas. I can't express how very thankful I am. So many little and big kids would be dissappointed with not getting their special Disney surprises. Thank you so much Mr. Gonzalez!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Thank you for being a loyal guest and sharing your positive comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. I am so glad that we were able to locate your lost items and return them to you. We look forward to seeing you again and please feel free to contact me personally when your family is returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with reservations. Kind regards!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,834)

Reviewed January 20, 2014

My son and I just returned from another stay at the Candy Cane while celebrating his 21st b-day at Disneyland. We have stayed there numerous times and once again were very pleased. I don't know who the unhappy men were that one reviewer mentioned, but it was not James or Jose who were very nice and accommodating. Check the reviews for the Disney resort hotels and then book at the Candy Cane. It is cozy, clean, friendly and if you need something fixed they are there very quickly. The pool area is cleaned and hosed down daily and the grounds are pretty and relaxing. Pretty much everything else has been said already but I wanted to give them the praise they deserve. Best service of any motel or hotel we've stayed at. Thank you for another great stay.

Room Tip: Try not to stay right next to the maintenance room. They get busy in there early.
2  Thank momma8

Thank you for being a loyal and repeat guest as we do appreciate your business. We have a wonderful team, including James and Jose, who take pride in their jobs and taking care of our guests and they too appreciate when folks take the time to write positive comments such as yours. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would by my pleasure to assist with future reservations. Kind regards!

Reviewed January 18, 2014

My family and I have been staying at the Candy Cane Inn annually, for over a dozen years. We have never and would never think to stay anywhere else. The hotel is a convenient, 10-15 min walk from Disney as well as many restaurants at the Anaheim Gardenwalk. We have always enjoyed coming back to to the quiet, peaceful atmosphere, especially mid-afternoon to take a dip in the pool and get a much needed reprieve from the hustle and bustle of Disney. The grounds are always up kept with beautiful flowers and plants and the staff have always been helpful and friendly. The rooms are spacious and tastefully decorated and the complimentary continental breakfast is always welcoming. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and I look forward to my next stay!

Room Tip: If you have a room facing Disney, you can watch the fireworks from your front door.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kari S
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Thank you for being a repeat guest of the Candy Cane Inn and thank you for your kind comments about our property, services and the team. They truly do take pride in their work and providing exceptional service to our guests. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed at Candy Cane Inn in January 2014. The location is perfect for families going to Disneyland. The staff are friendly and helpful with a 24 hour front desk. There are laundry facilities that you can use with quarters, which is very handy. The included breakfast has plenty of variety and everything that you need to start the day. There is also a shuttle bus however we just walked as it is not far to disneyland. The only constructive criticism have about the room was that the mattresses in our room sunk in the middle so were a little uncomfortable. Overall this is fantastic and good value accommodation for your trip to Disneyland.

3  Thank 750lucy
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and we certainly appreciate your kind comments regarding our hotel. I am glad you were able to enjoy our breakfast and our onsite laundry room! I do sincerely apologize that your bed was not to your satisfaction, and please note that my Housekeeping Manager and myself have personally walked our rooms to ensure all mattress are in perfect working order. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with reservations. Kind regards!

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We chose this hotel largely based on the overwhelmingly positive reviews on Tripadvisor. While there were some nice touches, overall we felt let down for reasons I will detail below.

The kids were delighted by the jar of candy canes and we enjoyed the friendly helpful receptionist (Alejandra if I recall correctly). However another guy on reception at a different time (do not remember his name) was verging on rude and dismissive.

We paid extra for a premium room, partly because it was described as quieter and partly because we thought the room service breakfast would help us on our way quicker in the mornings. Well firstly we thought the room was very small for a 4-sleeper. Secondly the "quieter" was clearly relative - I can imagine it's quieter than the rooms at the front but with all the rooms facing the parking lot, we were constantly bothered by noise from other guests, including late at night, and by the shuttle having to go through the parking lot every half hour till past midnight.

The breakfast idea was great in theory... but. Firstly the table is only big enough for 2 to eat at (even then it's a squash). Secondly breakfast only comes in 15-minute slots (once an hour so 6-6.15am, 7-7.15am etc). They warn you it may not be exactly on time and could be up to 15 minutes late. Of our 3 orders, two for the 6-6.15am slot and one for the 7-7.15am one, they arrived at 6.30am, 6.35am and 7.30am. Now this may not seem like a huge issue, but Disney opens on the hour so to only get breakfast half an hour before the park opens barely gives you time to wolf it down and rush off to the park in time for the opening. And the late breakfast arrival means you miss the on-the-half-hour shuttle. Our 3rd day therefore saw us wise up and order the 6am slot to comfortably make Disney at 8am... Oh yes and for some inexplicable reason there were never any coffee cups brought with the coffee and only 2 paper cups provided in the room so if you had used those the previous night you had to rinse them out and reuse them...while they would for example put 2 muffins or bagels on one plate so one person could eat on a plate and the other had to juggle with napkins as substitute plates... The food itself was quite nice but the breakfast experience all in all wasn't.

As for the other premium amenities, apparently the toiletries are better than other rooms. Free video rental is a nice idea but was never used after a tiring day at the park. The bucket of treats was ok (though the home-made cookies were underdone). I can't remember if there was anything else, as I said we mainly booked that room for quiet and room service breakfast...

A suggestion, a 6.30am shuttle on the days there is early admission at Disney might be useful (but only if you are not relying on your room service breakfast to reach you in time to make it...)

All in all we found the stay pretty disappointing versus our expectations and if we went back to Anaheim would probably look at staying elsewhere.

3  Thank sjsa
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

I would like to sincerely apologize that your stay was not to your expectations and I thank you for your input. I have attempted to reach you through the TripAdvisor email system, however I have not heard back and wanted to respond. We do listen to all guest comments and while we never want to disappoint our guests, we do value these opportunities to continue to train and grow our guest service. I have personally spoken with my Housekeeping Manager and Breakfast Team, and we have discussed in length your comments and suggestions to ensure better delivery times and overall guest satisfaction. As for your suggestion regarding the early shuttle service, we thank you for your input and would like to let you know that we do provide an early shuttle service. The shuttle leaves a half hour earlier prior to Magic Morning days at Disneyland Park, which are every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays of each month. Thank you again for your business and kind regards!

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Candy Cane Inn is the only Anaheim area hotel to stay in. So close to the park, no need to wait for shuttle, but it's a great option to have. Always welcoming ,have stayed here many times over the years. Love the pool area for breakfast, relaxing. Breakfast offering is great,everything you need to start the day right. Rooms and property always clean and we'll kept.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Thank you so much for being a repeat member of the Candy Cane Inn family. We appreciate your business and kind comments regarding our property and team of service professionals. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with reservations. Kind regards!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

My daughter and I visited the Disneyland parks and stayed at the Candy Cane Inn for two nights. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the pool area was satisfactory and I appreciated the healthier options on the breakfast buffet, especially when I knew that we'd be eating processed crap at the park. The hotel is close enough to walk to the parks, but we used the shuttle on the way home. It was easy and convenient. The only reason I gave it four stars out of five was because I was travelling as a single parent and a large, male staff member walked behind me for quite a period of time, as I labored with our luggage and he did not offer assistance. I even stopped and looked directly at him, but he walked on past. I would, however, stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank olipep

Thank you for staying with us and providing your valuable feedback. I am truly sorry for the incident that you noted, as Guest Service is of the upmost importance to us here at the Candy Cane Inn. We do listen to all comments and while we never want to disappoint our Guest’s, we do value these opportunities to continue to train and grow our guest service. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as I would be delighted to assist with future reservations. Kind regards!