“Location, location, location.”
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #5 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
“Location, location, location.”
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

The staff was great. Held our bags when we arrived before the room was ready. We had one of the larger rooms which was good for four people. Bath fan was a bit noisy and woke up sleepers when a middle of the night trip was needed. But we will try for The Candy Cane Inn the next time we visit Disneyland.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and we certainly appreciate your kind comments and are delighted that you would stay with us again in the future. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (520)
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed here in mid-December and it was great! The reviews we had read on here were accurate. The Candy Cane Inn is very clean and the staff was very hospitable! We loved that it's so close to Disneyland and there was plenty of different items to choose from at breakfast time. We also really appreciated their free parking & that they welcomed us to park there before we actually got our room keys (we arrived early). They also let us keep our car parked there after we checked out until we left that evening. When you go to Disneyland, you just want to stay somewhere that's clean and convenient and takes pride in their business, so this place is perfect. We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity on your recent visit and I am pleased that you concurred that our Trip Advisor reviews were right on the money. We do aspire to deliver a quality product and exceptional friendly service to each and every guest that stays with us. We look forward to having you stay with us again and please feel free to contact me personally when returning as I would be delighted to assist with reservations. Kind regards!
Amarillo, Texas, USA
Reviewed January 1, 2014

This was our first time at the Candy Cane Inn, but it won't be our last. We arrived early on Dec. 26 and were able to park our car there and use the shuttle even though our room wasn't ready. The front desk was helpful and friendly. The grounds were very pretty. The room was nothing fancy but clean. The bathroom was huge. Just what we needed for a few days in Disneyland. The shuttle was always right on time and would stop if they saw us running for it. Booked the upgraded room and it was totally worth it. They left us a welcome buck of treats and the breakfast being delivered was a bonus. I had it delivered while I was getting ready and that gave our daughter extra time to sleep. This is a great place to stay. We've already booked our return trip there.

1 Thank cljs
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your many kind comments regarding our property, and exceptional guest service. We are glad you enjoyed the many amenities our Premium rooms have to offer including the complimentary breakfast delivery. We have a wonderful team who take pride in their jobs and taking care of our guests and they too appreciate when folks take the time to write positive comments such as yours. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with reservations. Kind regards!
Elk Grove, California
Reviewed December 30, 2013

This was our second time staying at this hotel, the first experience was great which is why we returned. I wish I could say the same now. This is my first time writing a review on anything, we tend to try to make the best out of any situation. A few small things like the room location with a front facing window to traffic (no big), a 2am random knock on our door with a "wrong room" reply (unlucky), and a phone call to our private room claiming to be the hotel management and asking for all of our private info because "the computers went down" (totally lame). No, we did not fall for this and walked down to the front desk immediately to report what happened. The evening manager was apologetic and seemed to have acted on the situation by reporting to police, he said we were not the only ones this happened to in the hotel.
The last most HEARTBREAKING incident was that on the second day my son's wallet with his Christmas cash and gift cards that was tucked away in his back pack went missing. This wallet and the back pack NEVER left the room after we checked in until we checked out. My husband and I carried the cash for our son that he wanted to have at the park for the day, the wallet and rest of money stayed back in the room for "safety". This just makes me so upset because of the target....a CHILD that could be easily blamed for losing or misplacing his wallet. We had an IPAD and other valuables, including my other son's wallet tucked in his back pack with considerably less cash in it, left untouched because that would be too obvious and suspicious for more than one item to be missing. We learned a BIG lesson. USE THE ROOM SAFE for EVERYTHING and we will be looking for another hotel if we are able to visit Disneyland.
Sorry Jeff, but we are not the kind of people that would make something like this up and I'm sure you have to deal with all kinds of crazy claims from people. We've searched for two days since being home and and called back to the hotel ourselves to follow up on this unfortunate incident. We've received a verbal apology by a management that stands behind their dishonest employees. As parents we feel horrible because this was our responsibility and we did not protect and teach our son to lock up valuables because you can't trust anyone!

23 Thank Teresa T
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
When we first met I expressed my extreme regret for this situation, and while we do not want to become cold, callus and untrusting in regards to mankind in general it is sad that locks and safes have become part of the culture in everyone’s daily life. I totally understand that this situation may be a sensitive one but please trust that we at the Candy Cane Inn sincerely take to heart and completely investigate any and all incidents. Kind regards!
Annandale, Australia
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I spent hours combing through Anaheim accommodation for the perfect base for our Disney trip and I couldn't be happier with our choice.

The Candy Cane Inn is right next door to Disneyland (in fact, the Cars ride backs on to the hotel), so it takes approximately 7 mins (yep, we timed it) door to door.

The hotel itself is clean and comfortable - though nothing too luxurious. Wifi and parking are free. Breakfast is a little full of sugar (bagels, donuts etc) but hey, when in Disneyland...

The staff were always obliging, and were happy for us to stay quietly in the spa/pool after hours.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going to Disneyland. We stayed in a deluxe room and it was very well priced and perfectly located.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HotChilli81
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your many kind comments regarding our property, service and amenities. We have a wonderful team who take pride in their jobs and taking care of our guests and they too appreciate when folks take the time to write positive comments such as yours. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would by my pleasure to assist with future reservations. Kind regards!
San Jose, California, United States
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My family and I just completed a 6 night stay at the Candy Cane Inn. The price was extremely reasonable for a property just 2 blocks from Disneyland during Christmas, so I had very low expectations. My mistake! The staff is friendly and warm and extremely helpful! The rooms are nicely appointed (noting fancy) and serviceable and impeccably clean. Although the property is just 2 (long) blocks from the front entrance of Disneyland, they have a free shuttle that runs on the half hour. It may not seem like a big deal, but after 5 days of walking for 16 hours a day, a free shuttle that does not sop at 9 other hotels before yours is GOLDEN. The breakfast ends a little too early for my liking, at 9:30am. But it is a decent spread with lots of pastries, cereal bar, juice, coffee, bagels, coffee, yogurt, hard-boiled eggs and fruit. This place will definitely be my first choice should I every visit Disneyland again.

2 Thank Dinna M
Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your many positive comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. We do believe in providing an exceptional product and wonderful guest service while keeping in mind families travelling on a budget, and we are delighted to see you would stay with us again. Kind regards!
Launceston, Australia
Reviewed December 25, 2013

This place is just perfect for anyone wanting to do Disneyland. They include breakfast and a free Disney shuttle with the cost of your accommodation but the Inn is so close to the entrance that it is quicker to walk. The breakfast buffet had a wide variety and the coffee was good. The room we had was a little squeezy for three but just fine as we only needed to sleep there. There are convenience stores nearby and shopping centre if you need non Disney supplies. Staff are efficient and helpful although housekeeping tended to want to come in early. The Inn also has a laundry which was much appreciated in the last week of our trip.

1 Thank runlikeananna
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and we certainly appreciate your kind comments regarding our hotel. I am glad you were able to enjoy our breakfast and our onsite laundry room! Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!