“Nice Location, Clean, and Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #5 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Toms River, New Jersey
“Nice Location, Clean, and Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Just returned from five days staying in a standard room with two queen beds. Rooms was shown in their pictures and most importantly clean including the bathroom.

Included breakfast is basic fare but tasty and they kept stocked throughout the times it was opened which was 6:30 to 9:30. As it's a buffet same issues as any other one you have been too some parents not watching their kids so do need to watch or else the yucky food some kid touch is possible. I stuck with the fruit and cereal a safe bet.

1 Thank bennisennis
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity on your recent visit to the Theme Parks, we appreciate your business and kind comments. We take great pride in our hotel and the cleanliness of our rooms and all parts of the property, and we thank you for recognizing this. Kind regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (516)
Reno, NV
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

I have already written about the Candy Cane Inn before when I stayed there on a trip in 2011 where I proposed to my girlfriend and gave the hotel a great review. My now wife and I stayed there June of 2012 for our Honeymoon and now again in June 2013 for our 1 year anniversary. We continue to have great experiences there. I have read a couple other reviews that complain that the rooms are small and the hotel is old, or the continental breakfast doesn't have certain foods. I think those complaints are from people who are expecting an experience as if they were staying at Disneyland Hotel or Grand Californian. Candy Cane Inn is not that type of establishment and that's also why you don't pay those types of prices. I think the age of the Inn is what adds to the charm of this place. The name "Candy Cane Inn" might make you think this place is some cheesy Candyland themed place but it's not. The grounds are extremely well maintained, lot's of pretty flowers and plants. The staff from the front desk crew, the shuttle drivers and even the maintenance staff are all friendly and do there best to help with any problems you may need. If you go during the summer I will say that the A/C is nice but is on steroids. If you turn it on, it can be a bit noisy but you can't say the room isn't instantly cooler. The rooms may not be huge, but they are big enough to accommodate a family of four easily. Besides, just how much time are people spending in their rooms? We just use the room to sleep, shower and change clothes and for that, the room is plenty big. The continental breakfast always has plenty of variety from muffins, danishes and donuts to fruit, hard boiled eggs and cereal, not to mention coffee, milk, apple and orange juice and hot chocolate. It's enough selection to fill you up before you break for lunch at Disneyland. It can be crowded during breakfast, but I have no problems getting my food and taking it back to the room to eat. The shuttle drivers continue to be very safe and also provide you with weather forecasts as well as basic info you may need for the park. If you don't want to wait for the shuttle (which runs every 30 min) this hotel is no more than a 10 minute walk to the front gate of both Disneyland and DCA. It's also next door to an ABC store and a 7-11 if you need some snacks or basic sundries. It's also walking distance to IHOP, Cheesecake Factory or several other restaurants if you don't want to eat at the parks. It's proximity to the parks gives you views of the back side of Cars Land as well as Tower of Terror. This is a quaint feeling hotel with everything you need for a good base of operations for a trip to Disneyland. My wife and I look forward to many more visits in the years to come and I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: Rooms away from Harbor Blvd are quieter. Room we had on the street was louder but seemed to have a b...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Matt S
I am very delighted that you enjoyed your visit and we appreciate your return business and allowing us the opportunity to share in your milestone celebrations! Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards
Alameda, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

I am a new father of two or a 4 year old father (you chose). While I never thought I would be like my dad, I have inevitably become him. I have no problems paying 9 dollars for a glass of bourbon but I will balk at paying .10 cents for a grocery bag. So when it came down to losing my battle of whether by boys 4 and 2 1/2 year old should go to Disneyland my wife found the Candy Cane Inn and the package included 4 day hopper passes with free breakfast every morning. Done.
But the best part is that everything they and and others said they were, they were! It was clean, the staff was super awesome and it was close. Like 1 block and a half close to the Parks!
I have become Clark Griswold and I approve this Inn!

2 Thank kyonosan
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments Mr. Griswold and yes, we too believe in NOT charging for necessities such as Parking, Expanded Continental Breakfast, Exclusive Shuttle and WiFi! Warm regards!
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed at the Candy Cane Inn on 5/31/13-6/2/13 and we loved it. We went for a last minute trip to Disneyland and this hotel was great. Typically we stay at the Paradise Pier or the Grand Californian but the prices in the summer are substantially higher than normal so we were looking for something better priced and this was it. The hotel was very well located for what we needed, it took only about 10-15 minutes to walk to the park and we only had to cross one small street. The rooms were a decent size for my husband and I but I think that it would be a tad small if I brought all 3 of my children however they do have a room that's bigger than what we had that I'm thinking about for our next trip in August. Also the property itself is very nice, there are lots of plants and beautiful flowers. We really enjoyed all the free amenities that the hotel had to offer as well, we loved the free parking, shuttles to and from Disneyland, free wifi and continental breakfast. I would definitely recommend this hotel to a friend any day of the week!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Krista Y
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for allowing the opportunity on your recent visit and I am delighted that your visit was most enjoyable. Please feel free to contact me when planning your August visit as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

It's all about the location, which is indubitably great. The shuttle is nice for tired kids. The rest is not so impressive. The motel itself is older, rooms are small (albeit clean), and I think the a/c got me sick. Breakfast is crowded and lacks anything hot. Even with reasonable expectations, I don't get the glowing reviews. I would try someplace else next time.

5 Thank welbymd
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and providing your valuable feedback. We do listen to our guests and appreciate the information as this enables us to make changes in our operation to enhance our product and service. Kind regards.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Front desk staff were friendly. Our room was large and nicely decorated. It was a great location, as it's only a 10 minute walk to DisneyLand. The continental breakfast was exactly that and was often very crowded when we were there making it difficult to find somewhere to sit. They do provide tables closer to the rooms, so we ended up eating there one morning. It's not exactly convenient to have to carry food & drink that far, but it was more peaceful. We'd stay here again if we were ever visiting DisneyLand again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity on your recent visit to the Theme Parks, we appreciate your business and comments. Please know that there are trays provided in all guestrooms (under the ice bucket) for ease and assistance of this task. Kind regards!
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

My family of 4, 2 boys under 10 and my husband and I, stayed here on 4/20-4/23 and we had such a great time. The pool was perfect for my kids and the hot tub was nice to soak your sore feet and legs in. The employees where always smiling and happy to help . The check in process took a little bit longer then what I would have liked, but it was right at 4:00 pm and there was a line outside of the door. Our room itself was perfect, the beds where heavenly and where easy to sleep in. The bathroom was small sized but everything worked properly. Breakfast in the morning was nice, I would recommend bringing the tray from your room it makes it much easier to get your food. One of my favorites of this hotel was all the flowers and beautiful gardening that is everywhere on this hotel. The buses always ran on time, only encountered one semi grumpy driver. Easy access to adult beverages right next door and lots of good food near by , we highly recommend the Asian Burger joint across the road. All in all we would love to stay here next time we do Disney.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Laura L
I am delighted to read that you and the family had a great time on your recent visit. Yes, our in-house gardeners do such a wonderful job in maintaining all the greenery and beautiful flowers and thank you for the kind comments. Please feel free to contact me should you be returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!