“We love Candy Cane”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #5 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
“We love Candy Cane”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed in Candy Cane Inn for 8 days and we really had a great time. We stayed in a premium room which was quite big for the three of us. The beds were so comfortable, and the bathroom was clean. Internet Wifi connection was excellent. The staff were so helpful and friendly. We loved the muffins and the bagels that we had for breakfast. We just checked out today, the next leg of our vacation, and the minute we arrived in our New hotel room, my daughter said "Oh I miss Candy Cane". How we wish we had stayed longer in Candy Cane Inn.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Glo D
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and I am delighted that your daughter had a nice time and give her my well wishes. Kind regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (516)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for my brothers band competition two years in a row and it has never disappointed!
Bagel and Danish breakfast.
Comfy beds with lots of pillows.
Clean bathrooms.
Lovely pool area with a spa.
The shuttle driver was beyond nice!

The only negative I could find was the fact that the breakfast sitting was limited. Even then, families are in and out quickly, and you can always take the breakfast to your room.

Overall, I would definitely get this hotel again!!! We did walk to the Anaheim cinema from the hotel which wasn't a long walk at all.

• Stayed May 2013
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Thank you for staying with us for the past two years and we appreciate your kind comments about our property and team. Please feel free to contact me personally when planning your next visit as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!
San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I am not sure why this hotel was voted one of the best, but if someone asks me if stay there again, I would say "yes". The hotel is very, very clean. It is very close to the entrance to Disneyland. Literary it is 2 blocks away. They also have a shuttle that goes there every 30 min. The shuttle actually was very nice to have because with young kids and on a very hot day, it is not that easy to walk 2 blocks. The staff, including the shuttle drivers, is extremely nice and helpful. They have a swimming pool which is really nice to have after a whole day of walking. Hotel comes with free breakfast. The breakfast is pretty good but nothing special. The rooms are pretty small, but clean and comfortable. If you want to have a view from your window onto the hotel yard, don't book the last 2 rooms, 251 and 250. There are also some rooms that will have a terrace with some sitting area: 260-263. Overall I would recommend this place to stay for a Disneyland vacation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sophien
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers, we DO appreciate your business. Kind regards!
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I really don't have a lot to review about the candy cane since we did not spend any time there, we just slept there. The rooms were clean and the staff was helpful. The breakfast, not great but it got us on our way. On the night we stayed there the bus driver for the shuttle was sick so a van picked us up so it took a long time. Normally it would be no big deal but it was very cold that night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and I am sorry if you waited for the shuttle a long time. We had the van running continually to and from the Resort throughout the evening. In regards to our breakfast, in the past week have added Hard Boiled Eggs and upgraded our Donuts and Pastries and are adding a healthier granola cereal option in the next couple days. Kind regards!
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed at the Candy Cane April 22-27 with my 3 children (5,6,8) and my mother. Overall we were very happy with our stay.

ROOM
The room itself was mostly unremarkable. It contained 2 queen beds; an armoire with a TV, safe, and some drawers for storage; a bedside table with a few storage drawers; a small round table with 2 padded chairs; a sink area with a coffee maker and a small fridge; and a bathroom with toilet and tub. The windows are covered with plantation-style shutters rather than drapes, which I found to have a cleaner, brighter look and feel than curtains usually do. The coffee maker was located on the counter mysteriously out of reach of any electrical outlet, which resulted in us having to move it to the narrow strip of counter between the wall and sink to use it - not a terrible inconvenience but of course you always worry when moving items that are not yours that you will drop, break, or damage them. My main complaint about the room was that there was no dim light we could leave on as a "night-light" in case any of the kids awoke and were disoriented in the dark. The first night I left on the light over the sink/coffee/fridge area, but it was terribly bright and i ended up sleeping with a pillow over my eyes. The next few nights I left on the bathroom light, but the fan runs concurrently with the light and it is rather loud. So unfortunately my sleep quality was not the best during our 5 nights. Additionally, the bed, while comfortable, seemed to magnify every movement of the other occupant - every time she stretched her toes or scratched her nose, the motion transferred over to me. Having said that, I sleep on a Tempurpedic memory foam mattress at home, so I am entirely unused to feeling any movement from the other side of the bed at all. The bathtub faucet was very stiff - my 8-year old couldn't change the flow from tub to shower by himself because he wasn't strong enough. I'm not sure that this would be outside of normal range for faucets though, it was just slightly annoying to interrupt whatever i was doing for myself or the other 2 kids every morning (mornings are alway hectic, and doubly so when you are trying to get 3 kids up, dressed, down to breakfast, and on the shuttle for the opening of Disney Parks).
We were hardly in the room - let's face it, people don't book a hotel 2 blocks from Disney Parks to hang out in their hotel room. It was clean and served our purpose so ROOM RATING: 4 out of 5.

HOTEL APPEARANCE/COMMON SPACES
The outward appearance is lovely and inviting. Bougainvillea and hanging baskets of flowers are everywhere. They clearly place a lot of time and importance on making the place look pretty and welcoming. The pool area is clean with lots of flowers. There are many tables with seating located along the upper walkways to the rooms where you can eat your breakfast or just sit and relax. APPEARANCE RATING: 5 out of 5

BREAKFAST
Breakfast is served 6:30-9:30 in a rather small room immediately behind the reception desk. The staff put a large number of tables outside around the pool every morning so that guests can be accommodated for eating. We never had a problem finding a table, but it was always busy. They give you a tray in your room for taking food back or to one of the aforementioned tables, so the crowds spread out well. Breakfast items included: milk, juice, coffee, instant oatmeal, fruit (bananas, apples, oranges), bread (white and whole wheat), bagels (plain, whole wheat, blueberry and i think sesame(?)), spreads (cream cheese, strawberry cream cheese, peanut butter, butter, grape jelly, strawberry jam, boysenberry jam), muffins (bran and some other ones i didn't look at closely), doughnuts (didn't look at them so i'm not sure what was offered), yogurt (raspberry and strawberry), and cereal (rice krispies, raisin bran, fruit loops - or generic versions thereof). For anyone looking for protein, peanut butter and cream cheese were the only sources. It didn't bother us, but I know some people were lamenting the lack of protein. The 4-slice toaster on the left of the bread/bagel/doughnut buffet is incredibly slow. Like, put-your-toast-in-and-get-your-coffee-and-fruit-and-yogurt-and-take-it-back-to-your-table-and-then-come-back-and-see-if-it's-any-darker-yet kind of slow. The 2 conveyer belt-style toasters on the right side are much faster and also produce a greater capacity of toasted items since you can put the next one in only 5-10 seconds after the first. So if nobody was waiting i could put 2 bagels in each toaster one after the other and toast 4 bagels for myself and kids simultaneously in less time than my mom spent toasting 2 slices of bread for herself in the other toaster. BREAKFAST 4/5

LOCATION/CONVENIENCE TO DISNEY PARKS/SHUTTLE
It's a 10-15 minute walk from Disney Parks. My kids walk farther to their elementary school. The shuttle is great, and with all the walking during the day in the parks we saved our energy and took the shuttle there every time and back 3 out of 5 times. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance. One day we tried the pizza place across the street on the corner (end unit of the strip mall with a chinese place and burger place as well) and it was really good and fairly inexpensive. The shuttle always ran on time and the drivers always stopped for anyone who came running up to it as it slowly circled the parking lot on the way out. LOCATION/CONVENIENCE/SHUTTLE 5/5

STAFF
I had few interactions with staff, but they seemed helpful when I did speak to them. When my mother lost her key and worried that she had just left it in the door when we got in the previous night, they had our room locks re-keyed within 5 minutes. My mother asked them for recommendations about transport to the airport, and they recommended a company (Hugo's? i think it was?) that was prompt and helpful with all of our bags, and also saved us money over a shuttle like PrimeTime or SuperShuttle. On our last day, we checked out in the morning and headed into the Parks for a last 5 or so hours, and they stowed our luggage for us in their secure room with baggage tags and everything (we had previously asked about this, so if you want to do the same you should probably tell them in order to ensure that there is room in the lockup). My mother did say something to the effect of "well she was more helpful than the guy i spoke to last night", so i guess she had one interaction with a staff member that was slightly less positive, but I didn't ask for further details so i can't really say what that might have been about. STAFF: 4.5/5

OVERALL STAY: 4.5/5
Thanks Candy Cane Inn. We enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Rooms toward the back are quieter since they are away from the street, but farther to walk back to...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank KristinaMumof3
Thank you so very much for allowing us the opportunity and sharing your wonderful feedback with fellow travelers. As I noted in another review today, we have recently added Hard Boiled Eggs and will be adding a healthier Granola cereal in the next few days. We are also investigating and will be evaluating adding cheese to increase the protein options. Thank you again for your valuable feedback and staying with us. Kind regards!
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed here one night on our trip to Disneyland. The room was nice and clean, however the location was not the best. The rooms #200, 201, 202 on our floor face a busy street. It can be quite loud at night. There are nice wooden shades, however they do not block out all of the light coming from the street. The parking lot is small. Since we were only staying one night and with such a small lot, we were unable to use the free shuttle and leave our car parked there. Had we stayed more nights, we could have used the shuttle. The hotel is an easy walk to Disneyland. They staff are very nice. There is a free continental breakfast which included bread, bagels, muffins, doughuts, yogurt and hard boiled eggs. If we had it to do over again, we may try a different hotel.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room facing Harbor Street.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and I am sorry that your room was loud and not to your liking. We receive many requests for the rooms in the front and please feel free to contact the front desk and we will certainly do our best to move you if possible. Kind regards.
Kaysville, Utah, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

This is a great affordable place to stay for a trip to Disneyland. The rooms are a little small for a family of 5 but overall worth it to not have to reserve 2 rooms. Free parking and a great free continental breakfast. Quick walk to Disney, or take the shuttle. It is close enough to take a 2-3 hour rest in the heat of the day then walk back to Disneyland when it gets dark. We plan to stay there every time we visit Disneyland.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ColletteCR
Thank you so much for your comments and please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!