Candy Cane Inn
$806
$698
Hotwire.com
2,885 results
All reviewspremium roombagelsfree shuttlebreakfast deliveredalways on timecontinental breakfastevery half hourminute walkhard boiled eggsshuttle that runsaaa discountshuttle serviceafter a long dayvisiting disneylandwelcome basketright next dooreach morning
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have been coming to Candy Cane for over 10 years and love it each and every visit. We have tried other hotels occasionally (when CCI was full) and they just don't compare. The location can't be beat its a lovely 10 minute walk to the parks. Staff always go out of their way to help in any way (even helped wash our car one visit). Rooms are tastefully decorated and beds are super comfortable. It's very quiet throughout the property and its gorgeous any time of year with hundreds of flowers. The breakfast hours have been extended which was a great help to us for getting an early start. Candy Cane is our disney home and will continue to be our hotel of choice in the Anaheim area for many years to come.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank calgarytrigirl
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you for being a loyal and repeat guest, we sincerely appreciate your business. I am delighted that you refer to the Candy Cane Inn as “your Disney home” that is what continues to make us proud. Please feel free to contact me personally when planning your next visit as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

You can't even find this place on Expedia, Hotwire, or Priceline-- which I love. We stayed there for my birthday trip to Disneyland last November and I can hardly wait to go back. This place literally backs up Disney Adventure. The room was clean, reasonably priced, and came with a lovely breakfast. There was a shuttle service offered to the front gate, but you are literally 2 blocks away.

Next door was a 2 different convenience stores, so if you forgot something or needs some late night snacks, you're covered! We even had a little fridge in our room, which is always nice.

I can't wait for our next trip!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank JennEliz

Thank you for staying with us and I am delighted to read that your birthday celebration was enjoyable. No, you will not find us the noted websites as we process all of our own bookings on our website, through our business listing on TripAdvisor or by calling the hotel directly. Kind regards!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Candy Cane Lane was a perfect hotel for us. Travelling with our little ones (age 1 and 4) we got rooms side by side with grandparents (we had reserved adjoining but they were unable to accomodate at check-in time). The rooms were lovely and had very comfy beds. We spent 6 nights in a deluxe room and our final night in a premium room (in-room biscotti, bottled water, robes, breakfast). The farther back you go on the property the better the rooms (regular at the front, deluxe halfway down, and premium at the back). We were also able to get a play and pack crib for our son which was great.

Continental breakfast was great - cereal, yogurt, bagels, toast, doughnuts, danishes, bananas, apples, juices, hot chocolate, tea, coffee, and milk. They also have coffee in the lobby all day long, as well as free Candy Canes (this was a cute touch). There is a regular pool, hot tub, and a small pool for kids - all gated. We went in March and found the pool very cold but it did say it was heated. Too cold for us - spent time in hot tub and kiddie pool (with our kiddies).

They have a shuttle that leaves every half hour for Disney and the drivers were all very nice. It had a stop at front of property but also drove through and would stop and pick up people too. But if you are so inclined you can also simply walk to Disneyland/California Adventure as it is a very short walk (about 5 minutes). They are also within very short walking distance to ABC Convenience store, 7-11, a pizza place (that delivers orders over $15.), subway, and a few other fast food type places. We walked to Target (25 minutes) and there is a mall with movie theaters within walking distance as well. Great location.

Room Tip: Snack/pop machines, ice and laundry facilities were located halfway back. Continental breakfast was near pool. I'm not sure if there is a bad location for rooms?
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank erinbeachgirl

Thank you for allowing us that opportunity on your family visit with the grandparents. We certainly do our utmost to honor all requests and thank you for understanding that sometime this is unable to occur with levels of occupancy and they were able to place you in rooms next to each other. Kind regards!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at the Candy Cane over spring break 2013. The hotel is clean, room we had was cozy, but nice. Pool was clean, but not heated. Hot tub was HOT.

Pro:
Shuttle departs from hotel every 30 minutes. This was wonderful in that my son (7) and my pregnant wife didn't get exhausted just walking to the park.

Room was very clean. None of the standard icky items sometimes find at hotels (hair in bed, grim around shower).

Breakfast was tasty. Kids loved having donuts all 4 breakfasts. Options were pastries (donuts, muffins, bagels), yogurt and cereal. Coffee, juice and milk on tap.

Free parking! I've paid $15-20/night for parking.

Con:
Cleaning crew used a strong, orange scented spray in room. First night, it was like we slept in an orange orchard. Had to let the room air out before sleeping.

The off-shift shuttle driver can't drive the big bus. So between 8PM and 8:30 one night, I went back to the room to get coats for everyone. Grabbed coats ran back out to bus and the backup driver was leaving in his mini-van. Walked the 2 blocks to the park, to find out I left my pass in my shorts. Bus had a line 20 people long, so I walked back again to the hotel. Now 8:30, I hop on the bus and the standard driver.

Breakfast area is very small. 4 tables for 4 people. 2 days we had to sit outside, around pool. 60 is chilly when you're wearing shorts.

Parking is sufficient, but tight. My 4Runner barely fit in the spots. Not much room to open the doors.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Eric_W916

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with this valuable feedback, we DO appreciate you taking your time. One thing that you noted and I saw in another review is our pool temperature, our pool and kiddie pool is heated to 79-80 degrees and the spa to 103-105 degrees year round. Kind regards.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We just got back from our California vacation, and I was very pleased with our experience at The Candy Cane Inn. As a Disney fanatic, I've been hearing about this place for years, so I was excited to be staying there for our most recent vacation.

The Inn isn't the most up to date, but the rooms are super clean and well taken care of. The grounds are pristine and very lush--there are plants and flowers everywhere. It's very cute and reminds me a bit of Port Orleans-French Quarter at the Walt Disney World Resort.

Having the bus service available to us was great on days that we were tired from walking the parks, but honestly, Disneyland is two blocks away, so it was a nice, quick walk if we happened to miss the bus (they only run every 30 minutes). The contintental breakfast was convenient, as well, but we didn't get to it until 9am one day, and there were slim pickings--no more bagels and underripe fruit.

I would definitely stay at the Inn again, as it seemed to be one of the nicer properties in the area, and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: We paid for a deluxe room, which we were told, was slightly bigger than a standard room. To me, it was worth it, as even the deluxe room was a bit on the small side for a family of four.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your kind comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. Our team in housekeeping and our gardeners certainly do a wonderful job in keeping our Inn clean and grounds pristine. Kind regards!