“Good all Round Experience”
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #4 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We spent four nights at the Candy Cane Inn, and as per the other reviews lived up to its reputation. Good possition and generally well run establishment. We had an issue with non performance of hot water, this was resolved with first a call from the Manager Jeff and followed by a gift basket and of course HOT water, a rare experince these days. If you are a family brave enough to spend 4 days in Disney Land then this is the spot for you.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Clive B
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and it was my pleasure to speak with you while you were on property. I am delighted that you understood of the situation that occurs at times with the calcium level here in Anaheim and how it plays havoc on water valves and cartridges. Warm regards!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,853)

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Our family recently stayed at the Candy Cane Inn for three nights. We chose this hotel based on the reviews we read on Tripadvisor. We have been to Anaheim numerous times and have stayed at nearly all the hotels close to Disneyland. While the grounds are beautiful and the pool/breakfast area is great that is where it ends. When we went to check in the cost of our room had been changed to reflect a $10 a night increase. When I protested and insisted that the confirmation email did not say $139 a night, they did not believe me. They were not rude just irritated that they had to wait for me to pull the confirmation letter up on my phone. Once I showed the letter they changed the price back and could not begin to explain why the price had changed. While parking is free, get there early to find a spot. The lot fills up fast. We checked in at 2:30pm and found ourselves driving around the lot for a spot. Our rooms, on the second floor, were so outdated. The beds were uncomfortable, the furniture was outdated, the TV was ancient, and the bathroom was not clean (hair in the tub and on the floor). While I am not above staying in outdated rooms, I do like the room that I pay $129 plus tax for to have ambiance. Even after housekeeping cleaned the room, there was still hair, that was not ours, in the bathroom that I had to clean up. The room also never dried out and my multivitamins became soggy, odd and gross. These two rooms were just blah. I really expected more and was saddened by the rooms. Breakfast was also a MAJOR let down. The breakfast consisted of nothing but carbs and in today's world that does not fly. Yes, there was bananas, two apples, three oranges, and yogurt, however; the rest was bread, bagels, muffins, donuts (stale), and cereal - CARBS! No protein at all. Gross! The set up for breakfast also needs to be rethought. The flow does does not work and the area becomes EXTREMELY crowded fast. If the hotel would add protein (eggs/bacon/sausage), better fruit, and split the items into two groups, outside and inside, the breakfast would be a selling point. Overall, we would not stay here again nor would I recommend it to friends. Back to the Best Western we go!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
11  Thank Amy P

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with this valuable feedback regarding your experiences. We do listen to our guest and certainly discuss and implemented operational changes based on the overall operation and thank our guests for bringing items that will enhance the overall guest experience. Kind regards!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We picked the Inn based on other positive reviews. We like the very easy location. We could easily walk back and forth to DLR, but we liked having the option to use their shuttle, and it was nice for a midday break and at the end of the day after our feet were tired.

The food was good, but it does get crowded in the breakfast room, and seating is limited, so I recommend going early or grabbing a tray to take it back to your room.

The rooms were very comfortable and nicely decorated. I have to agree with other viewers, though--the floor was gross. The carpet was dirty and bumpy, so I kept my flip flops handy.

We've stayed at BWI and PPI across the street from the DLR, and this was slightly less than both of those. Even if it was the same price and even though they have evening snacks, free water, and a fruit basket, I'd still stay here. I'm going to stay here from now on, because I like knowing the reviews are consistently good and the place really is very pretty. The places across from the DLR look more like seedy motels, this one's very pretty.

Room Tip: We asked for top floor so we wouldn't have kids running around above us. Other than that, there...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Doreen R

Thank you for staying with us and bringing your comments to our attention. I would like to bring up that we have reviewed guest feedback and started renovation in our guestrooms and are continuing the ceramic tile directly across in front of the sink area as this is very high traffic. Kind regards!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Have just completed a 4 night stay at this hotel and were very impressed. The rooms, although small, have had some upgrading and are quite comfortable. There is a continental breakfast bar which doesnt offer any hot items, but is well stocked with buns, muffins, yogurt, cereal and fruit. The seating area in the breakfast room is small but there is an overflow area outside on the patio surrounding the pool.This can be quite pleasant on a morning when the weather is nice.The staff are exceptional at this hotel. They go out of their way to be helpful and are always smiling and friendly.The hotel has their own shuttle bus to Disneyland which runs back and forth every half hour. While this is an excellent bonus, the hotel is only a 2 block walk from the entrance to the parks, consequently we found ourselves walking if we were leaving between the bus departure times. There is a convenience store next to the property and many dining options within a 2 block radius.Would have rated it 5 stars if not for the slightly dated and smallish rooms. A very good place to stay.

Room Tip: I believe there are deluxe rooms at the back which are nicer than those near the front.
2  Thank nascarfan51
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. Yes, our deluxe rooms are approximately 45 square feet larder than our standard rooms allowing additional free floor space. Our premium rooms are another 40 plus square feet larger than the deluxe and provide additional amenities and services. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as I would be delighted to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Excellent so far but need to update next Sunday pending review....
I am pleased to read most of the reviews on this site. My family loves to travel to Disneyland at least twice a year and I am shopping around for good hotels. This morning I spoke with James, who was extremely helpful and very thoughtful. I was kind of stressing out because I would like everything to be perfect for my daughters 5th birthday next weekend. I informed him I would be headed down to Anaheim by 7am and needed to check in earlier then 3pm (the hotels check-in time). He informed to do the following: park and come into the front desk, get a parking permit, check in my belongings, take the shuttle to Disneyland and not to worry about a thing. The shuttle runs 45 min after the park closes so I have more then enough time to get back to the hotel and I can just immediately check into my room at midnight. He also informed we would get a free breakfast in the morning which is awesome because we have to check out by 8am and be on our way to San Diego for Easter Sunday. Seems good so far...I will check back after our weekend getaway and let everyone know how our stay really turned out. Hopefully it will be perfect!!! crossing my fingers as this is my first time staying at a hotel near Disneyland. If it turns out good I hope this can be our new family tradition :) What are the premium rooms I keep reading about?

Room Tip: check back next Sunday for an updated review on this location.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for choosing the Candy Cane Inn to celebrate this special day for Victoria-Rose. We will certainly do our very best to accommodate your early arrival request and wish you an awesome family weekend. Kind regards!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Just returned from a stay on March 15th, our 4th stay at this wonderful hotel. We booked a Premium room and when we arrived at 10 a.m. on a very busy week we were thrilled that our room was ready and we were able to check in immediately! We used to stay at another hotel down the street, but ever since staying here we refuse to stay anywhere else. Their shuttle service is amazing, always on time and all the drivers are so nice. Love the premiums rooms, nice to be at the back of the hotel with a slightly bigger room including a microwave, welcome basket and breakfast delivered to your room. Just made another reservation today for September. We've been there so much I now call Candy Cane our "home away from home".

Room Tip: Request something closer to the back for better parking
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank sstarlight
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for allowing the opportunity on your recent visit. I am delighted that you now call the Candy Cane Inn your “home away from home”. This speaks highly of our property, services and team and for that I am grateful and what more can a General Manager ask for. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would certainly be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!

Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

This is where we stay almost every time we go to Disneyland. The staff is very friendly and the location is ideal. They have a shuttle that goes to Disneyland every half hour which is great. The rooms are really nice and the cleaning staff is amazing!!

• Stayed: August 2012
4  Thank quinevay

Thank you for being a loyal repeat guest of the Candy Cane Inn, we appreciate your business and kind comments regarding our property and staff. Warm regards!