“Candy Cane is great!”
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #4 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Chandler, Arizona
“Candy Cane is great!”
Reviewed December 15, 2003

The best thing about the Candy Cane Inn...it's VERY clean! From the lobby bathroom, the breakfast room to your room, they do a great job of keeping things nice.

The staff is very accomodating.

Breakfast is plentiful and their free hot cocoa is MUCH better than that found at Disneyland.

Highly recommended! Our last visit was 12/03

3 Thank CPinZona

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
Reviewed December 9, 2003

My family goes to Disneyland on an average of 6 times a year. We usually stay at one of the resort hotels. However, if we are trying to travel on a budget our only choice is the Candy Cane Inn. If your looking for an inexpensive place to stay it can't be beat. It is by far the nicest of all the surrounding hotels. Remember you get what you pay for. If your expecting the Ritz then your going to have to pay for it.
You can get a room hear for under $100.00. The rooms our very comfortable and very clean. At least thats been my experience the 15 or so times I've stayed there. Since the good reviews out weigh the bad by about 6 to 1 it makes me question the validity of the bad reveiws. I guess some people can be hard to please.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 4, 2003

The name draws you to this place. I've always wanted to stay here. The location is excellent. When my husband and I ( and our two young boys) pulled up, we couldn't believe it. It was gorgeous and sparkly clean.
The check-in time is 3 p.m. but we arrived early hoping to park our car there and go to the park. They let us park the car there and we got to go to our rooms(this was 11:30am). The continental breakfast was superb. I've never been to a hotel that has this nice of a spread.
They've thought of everything. The bus drivers were also very helpful and efficient. When we checked out at 10 am, they let us leave our car there still and take the shuttle. Some places can be real sticklers about this,not them though.THANKS!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 4, 2003

While the hotel is probably a good value considering its location (which is fantastic), reasonably good overall ambience and breakfast, it did not strike me as fantastic as some reviewers make it out to be.
I give it a marginal 4 stars, probably deserves a 3 1/2.

The standard rooms are fine, but not too big. Our a/c system wasn't the greatest. It would never turn off in auto mode. Traffic noise is a bit of an issue for light sleepers; probably more so if you are near the front of the hotel where we were. Breakfast is adequate but nothing out of the ordinary. I have stayed at many comparably priced places with equivalent selection.

• Stayed November 2003
Reviewed October 26, 2003

We have stayed at the Candy Cane Inn many times over the past several years with as many as 40 in our family party. The staff has always been accomodating and pleasant. The rooms are comfortable and the shuttle is the best. Those who stay there tend to be mindful of each other's kids as well. A great family atmosphere. For the price, you will not find better.

aberdeen
Reviewed October 25, 2003

We recently stayed at the Candy Cane Inn, and cannot speak too highly of it. We arrived after a 14 hour journey, and were warmly welcomed by Miguel. Our rooms were well decorated and equipped with 2 beds, fridge, coffee-maker, tv, etc. Safety deposit boxes were available free of charge through reception. Free continental breakfast started each day off perfectly and consisted of cereals, toast, bagels, rolls, fruit juice, tea, coffee, and fresh fruit, all as much as you could eat. The pool and jacuzzi area, with ample seating/loungers, was very clean. If we were to pick faults, the jacuzzi could be turned down a few degrees.
Disney WAS within walking distance, even my 70+ year old parents managed it - 10-15 minutes maximum. Regardless, the courtesy coach ran every half hour door-to-door when the parks were open. The Candy Cane staff we encountered were polite, well turned out and always helpful.
We would have no hesitation in recommending this little gem to anyone thinking of visiting Anaheim.

3 Thank informative
Reviewed October 14, 2003

My husband and I stayed 4 nights, early October, with our children, ages 2 and 5. We had a great stay. The beds are comfortable and the room is nicely decorated. I would definitely pay for the deluxe room again because we appreciated the extra space. The standard rooms looked a bit small for 4 people. Continental breakfast was very good, but make sure you arrive by 7:45 to ensure getting somewhere to sit and to avoid the crowd. I loved the beauty of the trees, vines and flowers. I would have a very hard time staying at one of the plain, boring hotels across from disneyland. We asked for a quiet room and not only got one in the back away from the pool and the street, but were also given a premium room with microwave and vcr at no extra charge. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a midpriced hotel with a very friendly and accomodating staff.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member