“Best combination of location and value”
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #4 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Snohomish, Washington
“Best combination of location and value”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Candy Cane Inn is the best overall combination of location and value. It is an easy 5-10 minute walk to the park entrance, as close as any of the non-Disney hotels and the price can't be beat. It is a clean hotel with an adequate continental breakfast. The rooms are fairly small and basic but I don't imagine many people staying in this area are going to be spending much time there. It was perfect for our family to enjoy the day in the park and then basically walk back to the hotel and crash. There is a shuttle that goes back and forth every half hour or so if you can time it right.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jbrums
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you so very much for your staying with us and your kind comments and review. We too feel that we honestly try our very best to provide exceptional product and service while being mindful on family travelers on a modest budget. Again, thank you for staying with us. Kind regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (525)
Sunnyvale, CA
Reviewed January 23, 2013

If cheap and close to Disneyland is what you are looking for, this is the place for you. But if you want any amount of quality with your stay, you'll be absolutely disappointed.

Though the room appeared clean, the towels were old and very discolored with a yellow tint to them. The bed was extremely lumpy and uncomfortable. The sheets were as thin as tissue paper and the bed spread, ick ick ick: it was old, ratty and seemed dirty.

To top it off, we *might* have had fleas in the bed. I had a slew of bug bites on my body the next morning (though my husband was fine).

Room Tip: Don't take room 126 (if I remember correctly). It is noisy since it is right next to the ice/ven...
7 Thank DanAndAssana
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for responding to my email and giving us the room number as we do not have a room numbered 126. We do thank you for your feedback and I appreciate your follow up so we could investigate and make necessary improvements. Kind regards!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is our go to hotel when visiting Disneyland. The rate can be a bit higher than neighboring properties but we have always found the value to be better. What I mean is Candy Cane includes free parking, wifi, a free shuttle (even though they are walking distance) and a free breakfast. Those items to me are worth paying a bit more for. Plus the service is always wonderful, the grounds are always well kept and the rooms are always clean. A note on the service, our battery went dead while we were there and they had someone there to jump us within 5 minutes. We have stayed here 20+ times and look forward to our next return!

3 Thank rjsnau
Thank you so much for being a loyal and repeat member of the Candy Cane Inn family, we DO appreciate your business. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Warm regards!
Chula Vista, CA
Reviewed January 22, 2013

After previously staying at several different establishments in Anaheim, we finally found our favorite place to stay when visiting Disneyland. My husband called the night before and spoke to Nick to request an early check in with a room located away from the street. Luckily, he was able to accommodate us. James at the front desk was friendly and informative when we checked in the next morning before we went to Disneyland. The customer service is excellent. The location is convenient with only a 10 minute walk to the park. Though we did not use it, a free shuttle is available. The continental breakfast is standard fare but it was nice eating by the pool. We're glad we found this place and we will definitely stay here again.

1 Thank JBSquared1
I am delighted to read that you have finally found your “favorite place” to stay when visiting the theme parks. Yes, Nick and James are wonderful gentlemen and I am proud to have them as part of the Candy Cane Inn team of service professionals. Warm regards!
Modesto, CA
Reviewed January 22, 2013

This was my second stay at the Candy Cane Inn and I remain impressed. The rooms are clean and well appointed, though basic. Check-in, the front desk staff, housekeeping...all were very nice, service oriented, and efficient. Our family had 4 adjoining rooms, with two queen beds in each. We appreciated the bathtub/shower combination, refrigerators, hair dryers, flat screen tv, free wifi, breakfast, pools, safe etc. The breakfast was usually available from 6:30 AM, but they made a point of opening it up early for race day at Disneyland. The shuttle was always on time, clean, and the driver was always cheerful. The beds are very comfortable and the 4 pillows/bed were great. We definitely will be checking in here for our next trip to Disneyland.

Room Tip: we had rooms 256, 257, 258, & 259 and loved them. there are no elevators so just be prepared to...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank elviraModesto
Thank you for being a return guest and we appreciate your sharing your kind comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. Please feel free to contact me when you are returning as I would be delighted to assist with rates and reservations. Warm Regards!
Yuma
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Our family met in Annaheim ... and all stayed for six nights. Two connecting rooms were sufficient for 5 adults and 2 young children. Two queen beds in each room. The shuttle to the park gates was wonderful ... especially for me as I am unable to walk longer distances. The complimentary breakfast was nothing special but quite sufficient to get us all going in the mornings. Much better than having to take everyone to a restaurant in the early hours. Peaceful garden type setting with a lovely pool area ... Clean basic rooms with everything you really need ... each of our rooms had a small fridge which was great for wine/ beer/ juices and snacks for the children. We would definitely recommend this hotel. Be sure to ask for the AAA rate if you qualify. The free parking was a bonus since we drove our car there / the rest of the group flew in from various locations. Definitely good value for your dollar.

Room Tip: The upper floor is only reached with stairs - no elevators ... Ask for a room towards the back.. i...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank snowbirdYuma
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments with fellow travelers. In the future please feel free to contact the front desk as a member of our team would be delighted to assist with luggage at any time. Kind regards!
Northern California
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I stayed here by myself, as the rest of my family shelled out the big bucks at the Disney Grand Californian. I got a AAA discount and a great second story room with all the comforts I could want. Free parking, a decent continental breakfast and a 10 minute walk right into Disneyland, made this a great choice. I stay loads of places and I have never had housekeeping write me a personal thank you for the tip I left. Save your money for the expensive EVERYTHING at Disneyland and stay here.

Room Tip: I always ask for second floor room when staying at a place that I know will be frequented by childre...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank seeksocean
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your kind comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. Kind regards!