“Great location, customer service”
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #4 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We arrived on 10/31 around 7am and were able to get our room right away, which we were very thankful for. We only took the shuttle once because the walk was so short, but the shuttle was on time when we did take it & we were able to take our folded up double stroller with no problem. There is a convenience store right next door and Subway & Chinese across the street. IHOP is less than a 5 min walk away. The pool was nice and had lots of towels. Customer service was excellent both over the phone and in person. We got the standard 2 qn room and the only downside was that the bathroom door actually hits the foot of one of the beds because it's small. But, if you are at Disney, you probably don't spend a lot of time in the room anyway. Towels could have been softer, but that's just me nitpicking. And, when they say breakfast is over at 9am, they mean it! Parking was a little tight for our full sized Nissan Titan, but we were there in the off season, so there were plenty of spaces. We enjoyed our stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank pescas
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity on your recent visit to the theme parks. I am delighted that you were able to check in early as this does adds to the convenience and we certainly do what we can to extend this upon availability. I will certainly cover your comments regarding breakfast service as we do ask the ladies not rush guests at 9am. Kind regards!

There are newer reviews for Candy Cane Inn

Reviewed November 9, 2012

We've been to Disney four times. This was the first time staying at the Candy Cane. In my experience there is typically a trade off when staying in a hotel/inn near the park - you get a great location but lose out on service, comfort, cleanliness etc. After staying at the Candy Cane I wouldn't stay anywhere else. It's an absolutely lovely little inn, friendly staff, beautiful grounds, clean comfy rooms, affordable and minutes from the park - with complimentary shuttle if you prefer. The complimentary continental breakfast is substantial and adds even more value to the stay. My only critique would be the lack of multigrain options. I was a little concerned about noise as our room was located at the front of the property nearer to the street but we never heard a thing and slept great. The bedding etc was as comfortable as any Fairmont hotel I've stayed at. Can't say enough good things. Will definitely stay there again

• Stayed: October 2012
9  Thank Sevanhasselt

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your kind comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers, we DO appreciate you taking time to write your review. Our team does a wonderful job in providing comfort and service to our guests and we do thank you for commenting. Yes, we receive many positive comments on our Serta Double Pillow Top Presidential Suite Mattresses as they are very comfortable. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Warm Regards!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

My family and I stayed at this property during our trip to Disney in July. We arrived during a busy check in time and were greeted by an apethetic front desk clerk. When I made the reservation earlier in the year, I gave my credit card and expiration date. In the time between reservation and arrival my card expired and I was sent a new card with a new date. I informed the clerk of the new date. As I was trying to check in the clerk kept saying rather loudly "your card is declined". I asked if I could use the phone to call the credit card company and I was told I could not use the phone. After I went to get my cell out of the car and called the credit card company, I was told that the reason that my card was declined was that the clerk was not entering the new expiration date. After several tries, including the clerk talking to the credit card company and him repeatedly telling everyone that my card was declined, the credit card company was finally able to get the matter straightened out and I checked into my room. Upon entering my room and finding an empty water bottle from the previous guest in the middle of my floor, my phone rang and it was the customer service person from my credit card. He called to apologize again for the situation, but this time he took the time to explain that the clerk was not listening to what they were telling him and that was what took so long. He explained that had the clerk followed his directions I could have been in my room in about 10 minutes rather than the 40 minutes that it took to check in. At no time did the clerk attempt to ask anyone for help or call a manager. Instead he chose to stand there like he would rather be somewhere else and continue to tell me that my card was declined. We will not be back to the Candy Cane.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Jennifer R

I am sincerely sorry that your experience in July was not a pleasant one and I have attempted to reach you through TripAdvisor email with no response. I can say that this is NOT our policy as we choose words very carefully when credit cards do not go through as it can be for many reasons. One thing that I can say is that we have severed ties with a couple gentlemen at our front desk that were not the best fit for the level of customer service that the Candy Cane Inn has built its reputation on. Thank you again and I personally apologize for this uncomfortable incident. Kind regards!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Whenever we visit Disneyland this is always out first choice to stay.
Unfailingly polite and friendly staff.
Rooms are clean (don't expect 5 star at this price).
Breakfast will get you going.
Frequent shuttle to Disneyland, but close enough to walk. You can't miss with this one, but book ahead!
The one small downside is the cable TV is a bit spartan-- You'll get Fox, but not PBS!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Alice S
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

We certainly appreciate being your “first choice” whenever visiting the theme parks. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as I would be delighted to assist with rates and reservations. Warm regards!

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Son and I flew out for a week long getaway. We enjoy Disneyland decorated at Halloween. We also thought it would be a good time to visit Cars Land.

As usual we stayed at the Candy Cane inn. Based on the fact that this was our third week this year at the Candy Cane, one could guess we like it .....a lot! There is not a thing that we would change. My son enjoys his nightly soaks in the pool, going to the park - returning to the room mid day - going back to the park at night, having a store next door and the free shuttle. The other thing that we enjoy is the staff. GM Jeff is helpful as is everyone else. Whenever we needed anything they were more than wiling to help.

Over the past year we have watched Raditor Springs be built behind the CCI. I was concerned about the noise that the ride would generate and if it could be heard at the hotel. During this stay we were in the back half of the hotel, close to the ride, and NEVER heard it once. What a relief.

In fact we are looking to return to Disneyland again over Thanksgiving break. I had reservations at a hotel directly across the street from the Disneyland enterance. Tonight when I checked the CCI website a room had opened up. I asked my son where he wanted to stay and without hesitation, he responded "CANDY CANE INN." I told him we had a hotel closer to the enterance and he said he did not care, he wanted to stay at CCI as do I.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank dad-n-son

Thank for being a loyal and repeat guest, we DO appreciate your business and kind comments! It is very warming to read that your son is so fond of our hotel and he would state “without hesitation” that he wanted to stay with us. Now, THAT is something that puts a smile on the face of a GM! Yes, I am blessed and proud to work with such a team of helpful and caring individuals and thank you for recognizing them. Warm Regards!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

This hotel is conveniently located a 7 minute walk to the Disneyland main entrance. A free shuttle will take you also from the hotel. Hotel staff was great, the rooms were clean and a great deal for the price. The kids loved the pool and hot tub and having a continental breakfast was just enough to get us started in the mornings. Just wish the free WiFi was secure as if you are on Mac you will have some troubles accessing it. Otherwise we would stay there again!. Also closely located to other quick restaurants and stores to pickup waters, etc.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank kkzis
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. I am extremely excited and pleased to inform you that we are upgrading our WiFi system mid-December and at that time will add a splash page to log on being a hotel guest. We understand the Mac issues and their firewalls pertaining to this and have asked the new folks do whatever possible as they will monitor and support our system. Kind regards!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

After a 13 hour flight from Brisbane, hearing that our room was ready on arrival to the Candy Cane Inn was gratefully appreciated.
The pluses are endless at the Candy Cane Inn. Staff are warm, friendly and accommodating.
Our Premium room was clean and comfortable, complete with small fridge and microwave and the daily housekeeping was fantastic. Loved the welcome movie pack with popcorn and cookies and of course the candy canes :)
The grounds, gardens and pool area all well maintained and tidy.
Breakfast choices catered for all tastes. Complimentary parking, newspaper, wi-fi and of course the shuttle make this property extremely great value.
Location is perfect for Disneyland and there are various eateries within walking distance - highly recommend a visit to Bubba Gumps. Convenience store, gift shop and 7/11 next door. Bus tours pick you up right outside or at a hotel nearby.
We loved our week in Anaheim and recommend you experience the Candy Cane Inn. We cannot speak highly enough of this home away from home and will definitely be back!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Ligi M
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for allowing us to be your “Home away from Home”! I am very happy that our team was able to check you in upon arrival after such a long flight. We appreciate your kind comments and certainly contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with reservations. Warm regards!