“We love this hotel!”
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #4 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed August 14, 2011

The location couldn't be more perfect, a short walk to Disney even though they do offer a free shuttle service. You could easily drive past this place but once inside it is quaint, quiet with a great ambience. It is surrounded by lush flowers and greenery. Very affordable, with a complimentary breakfast, swimming pool and hot tub. You are soon away from the craziness of Disney

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2011

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity on your recent visit to the theme parks. We appreciate your kind comments regarding the quaint and quiet ambiance and surroundings. Our in-house gardeners have been with us for many years and do just a beautiful job on the greenery. Again, we appreciate your business and please feel free to contact me personally should you be returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Warm regards!

There are newer reviews for Candy Cane Inn

Reviewed August 11, 2011

The Candy Cane Inn is so close to Disneyland! We had a great stay. The front desk was very helpful. We had a few changes that needed to be made due to an extra guest but everyone was very helpful. The breakfast was good and helped us save a lot of money. I will choose Candy Cane Inn again the next time we go to Disneyland.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank denelizalex
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2011

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity and I appreciate you sharing the comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. Please feel free to contact me directly when returning as I would be delighted to assist with reservations.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

My Husband and I stayed at the Candy Cane Inn for the first time this past weekend. I did a lot of research leading up to my Birthday trip to Disney and settled on the CCI due to the ratings on tripadvisor and other sites. I am glad I chose this hotel and do feel like I would return, however there were a few things that were great, and a couple that stunk.

First off, the check in process stinks! Since we planned to go to California Adventure the day we checked in, we requested early check-in. Now I know that sometimes they can't honor these requests, but at least honor them in order of when the person arrives to check in! We had to call from disney 3 times to check and see if a room was available. That was annoying. Jessica at the front was not helpful at all and didn't make me feel too great on my Birthday! Nathan (I think that was his name) was more helpful and at least pleasant to deal with. When we finally got the room, everything was super clean and even though it was a little outdated, it was still nice.

I liked the size of the room and of course the fact they offered breakfast. There wasn't much choice, but it was nice to have a bagel before heading to disney instead of paying much more for the same thing in the park. The walk to the disney entrance was 10 minutes and very convenient. We took the shuttle twice- once was empty and the other time was packed (first thing in the morning). The refrigerator in our room was making noise, so our first night of sleep was awful, but the second was great after we unplugged the thing!

My Husband worked with the hotel to get me a bday surprise, which was a nice touch. When we arrived back after the day at disney I got cookies and a customized card- really special touch that I loved.

So, if I am going to stay near disneyland on the cheap, I will for sure head back to the Candy Cane Inn. Besides a few minor issues this was a great value for the location and overall experience.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank travelfoodie1018

Thank you for staying with us and providing this valuable feedback on your recent visit. We do listen to our guests and I personally apologize for the service extended by our front desk and I have reviewed with our Front Office Manager. In regards to the refrigerator we have engineering on property that will attend to items as reported. I hope you had an enjoyable birthday and are delighted that you enjoyed your cookies and personalized card. Please feel free to contact me when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!

Reviewed August 9, 2011

Our family of four stayed for two night to attend Disneyland, which is just a walk of about 10 minutes away. The area features a ton of lodging options and most are utilitarian since most guests will spend most of their time at Disneyland so we were just expecting the basics, a clean and use-able room and a place to keep our car.

So I wasn't concerned when we arrive a few minutes before check-in and our room wasn't ready. Nor was I upset when the room's fridge wasn't working. I didn't get angry when we found a plastic wrapper by the bed, one bed that lacked a sheet and another that had a sheet that was too small for the mattress — all those problems were corrected when brought to the attention of hotel staff.

I even didn't get when we requested a wake-up call -- an essential to get to Disneyland early to beat the crowds — and none was made (thankfully I had also set my iPhone),

But while I could tolerate mistakes that were either remedied or otherwise covered, I won't forgive the awful customer service when it came time to check out.

Before we had reserved the room two months earlier, I has asked whether we could keep our car parked there after we checked out as we planned to spend the full day and evening at Disneyland — I was told that was fine and reserved the room on that basis. I asked again about leaving the car when I phoned for the wake-up call and was again told that was fine.

But when I went to check out, the manager said that the hotel was now fully booked for the coming night and that we could not keep our car there. When I reminded him of the promises made before and after booking, he said he would discipline his staff but that if we parked later he would arrange for our car to be towed.

The manager went on to say that circumstances had changed since we booked (they were now full) and that he would not honor the commitments made by his staff. He offered to let us park until 6 pm, saying that was meeting us "halfway" but that would have meant leaving Disneyland a second time to park the car elsewhere and then returning, not the ride our children were expecting. At the end we simply left and paid to park at a satellite lot which was much less convenient.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
22  Thank NorthernJourneys

Thank you for staying with us and I appreciate your feedback regarding your visit and wish we could have discussed this personally. I attempted and sent you an email via the TripAdvisor system and with no response I wanted to reply to your comments. We certainly do care and listen to all guests and take necessary steps to eliminate items from reoccurring. I sincerely apologize for the situation regarding the parking of your vehicle and have discussed in-depth with our team as we must honor commitments and I regret this was not done. Again, thank you for taking the time to bring this to my attention as exceptional customer service and delivering a quality product are items the Candy Cane Inn has built its reputation on. Kind regards.

Reviewed August 8, 2011

It is a beautiful independent hotel. It was clean and comfortable. Services are great too.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank davidjun
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2011

Thank you for sharing your feedback with fellow travelers. We do appreciate your comments and thank you for your business as it is most appreciated. Kind regards!

Reviewed August 8, 2011

While the rooms were clean they were not overally large and the pool was very small. While staying our first night, we found a hotel across the street for lilterally half the cost ( we were staying for 5 nights), that has an Olympic size pool, bigger rooms ( 1.5 times bigger) and just as clean. More importantly, the customer service recieved across the street was 10 times better. Just to clarify, the c.s. at Candy was great from the front line staff, however, the hotel manager-who refused to provide any information, has never attended any type of training obviously. We have never been treated like that before, and did what was best-informed the GM, ( Jeff). Not sure if the manager was reprimanded or not, but i was appalled at the behavior.
Again, the front line staff was very accomodating and friendly when checking out ( even asked what the penalites if any prior to changing, but the Manager started yelling, slamming his hands on the counter when we wouldnt accept his offer-which never had a price tag-then tried to charge us $50 to check out on top of the $150 a night rate)
If you are looking for a very close hotel to Disney-choose the anaheim plaza hotel and suites-its actually closer to disney.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank heebs77

I sincerely apologize for the handling of this incident and please rest assured this was discussed in length as to clarification and handling of guests departing early. You were misinformed by the front desk agent and for this I am deeply sorry and training has been provided. In regards to rates offered by other properties we feel that we must maintain price integrity that is fair based on the level of maintenance of our facility and the services provided to our guests. Thank you again for bringing this to my attention and I wish you a delightful day.

Reviewed August 6, 2011

After a negative review about 2 years ago due to the hotel charging the wrong card and taking no responsibility, we chose to stay at the Candy Cane again when we visited in October 2010. Because of the previous complaint, they gave us one free night as well as our returning guest discount, and AAA... obviously enough discounts to convince me to try them again.

We had a fantastic stay and they proved to me that truly what I experienced the first time was just a mix up and not the norm. The hotel is always clean and fresh. Free parking, free breakfast (cereal, yogurt, fruit, juice, muffins) and free shuttle. They are close enough to Disneylands front gate that you can easily walk but after a long day in the park, it's nice to catch the shuttle. They earned their 5 star rating back from me - I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank abbysmomma

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to restore your confidence in our Inn. I am delighted that your stay was enjoyable; please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would by my pleasure to assist with reservations. Kind regards!