“Better than the Disneyland Hotel”
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #5 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
A TripAdvisor Member
“Better than the Disneyland Hotel”
Reviewed July 21, 2003

We were pleased to stay at the Candy Cane Inn June 28 through July 4, 2003. My sister joined us driving in from Jackson WY, arriving one day earlier with her three children. She was given a great room, facing the pool which made it very convenient in the a.m. for breakfast with the kids. When we arrived, the front desk staff, (Raymond & Mr. Ringer) went out of their way to make us feel like old friends. They went out of their way to give us a room next to my sister's room. The grounds, the rooms, the breakfast, the pool and especially the staff went above and beyond what anyone would expect. The toiletries were plentiful. The towels (in room & at the pool) were plush and always plentiful. When we planned our vacation, we thought we would treat ourselves to The disneyland Hotel for our Anniversary for 7-4 through 7-7-03. We were sorry that we did not stay at the Candy Cane Inn for the entire vacation. I would have paid the higher rate for the Candy Cane Inn over the Disneyland Hotel. It has everything you need and more for a wonderful stay. The laundry facilities were spotless, the rooms bright and quiet. The ice machines always operational. We will never stay anywhere else in Anaheim again. A big thank you to all the staff at the Candy Cane Inn.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (522)
Reviewed July 10, 2003

We thoroughly enjoyed The Candy Cane Inn. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The shuttle to Disneyland was punctual and the driver was very courteous. The room was clean and adequate for our family of 3.
The Inn is close enough to the Park if we needed to walk and close to strip malls, restaurants, etc. for outside activities. The pool was great, too. We will go back to the Candy Cane Inn.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 10, 2003

I have to agree with Dawn. This place was recommended to me by someone who couldn't say enough good things about it and frankly it was the opposite of everything she said! The rooms were stinky, the carpet looked like it hadn't been vaccumed in years, the maid "forgot" to clean our room one of the days, the staff were disinterested. The only good things were the great shuttle service, nice breakfast. I'd never stay here again, Dawn's right, it was like a grungy highway motel.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 8, 2003

Since this was our first trip as a family, I wanted to make sure we stayed at a nice place without spending an arm & a leg. We truly enjoyed our 6 days at the Candy Cane Inn and would definitely stay there again. The staff was great, the continental breakfast was sufficient, and the shuttle to Disneyland was convenient. We walked to and from Disneyland several times and the distance was perfect (even after a long day of walking around the park). There's a 7-11 next door (convenient for late night snacks) and we were away from all the hotels/motels across the street that were so congested. The pool may be considered small but my kids only used it once and it was fine. My advise...stay here, you'll love it.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 30, 2003

I stayed there both in 1998 & again in 2001.

When going to the Disney properties it's the perfect place to stay, the shuttle is convenient (travels only from th Park to Candy Cane Inn.
It's close enough to even take a leisurely stroll back to the hotel from the park.

I may go again w/ my neice next year and Candy Cane will be the 1st facility I'll consider staying at.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 28, 2003

Value and excellent service. That is what you get from The Candy Cane Inn. We arrived early and they rushed to get us a room since we had driven from Las Vegas that very morning. The room was quiet and clean and the grounds are gorgeous. i had read all the reviews just like everyone else and was a bit apprehensive at first but the friendliness and courtesy of the staff at the CC Inn was worth every penny. The Breakfast was great and perfect before a 12 hour day at Disney.
Disneyland itself is a rip-off but I would come back just to stay and relax at the CC Inn and see Knotts Berry farm next time. The beds were comfortable and the convenience of an on site laundry facility was great. Everything was so clean and one of the customer service representatives even sent my young daughters a package of cookies after we checked in. The pool was perfect and this was by far and away the best place we have ever stayed at. Loved the proximity to Disney and that there were so many places to eat very close by. The shuttle drivers were beyond courteous and the shuttle service was always on time. Of course you had some idiot parents letting their kids run up and down the hallways making all sorts of noise but what can you do about inbreeding rednecks. All I can say is, believe the reviews, try it for yourself and enjoy the lush surroundings. If you want a comfortable bed and a quiet room and convenience then this is the place for you. Down to earth and genuinely friendly staff and no "fake" smiles. we will be back without a doubt. Best bang for the buck. I feel sorry for the schmucks who paid 2 to 3 times what we paid without all the conveniences we had.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member