“A phenominal experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
San Diego
“A phenominal experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2009

We stayed at the Anabella Hotel for the ASIS conference in Anaheim, CA. The location was perfect, a short walk to the convention center and to Disneyland. The staff was very professional and friendly. The rooms are large and comfortable for meetings as well as sleeping. The Anabella Hotel will definitely be my home of choice away from home when visiting Anaheim. Thank you for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank SanDiegoFrogman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (686)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Edensor Park Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2009

We stayed for 2 nights, chosen for its closeness to Disneyland without the resort prices of other hotels in the area. The beds were very comfortable, the amenities great, including the bonus of a bar fridge to keep our drinks cold, something that we had not had along the way during our trip at more expensive and less friendly hotels. We parked outside our door for a very reasonable $10 per night and the breakfasts delivered to our room were yummy!
All the staff were friendly and courteous, another factor we found lacking at other more expensive hotels we had previously stayed during our trip.
We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting affordable accommodation within the area.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank Stormbunny
nfitzgerald, Assistant Front Office Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, December 2, 2009
The Anabella Hotel is delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves at our property! We are pleased that the room amenities, restaurant, and staff exceeded your expectations. All of our staff would like to say thank you and do come by again very soon!
Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2009

The hotel was perfectly located and a terrific bargain! We booked our room on hotwire and we were pleasantly surprised by the accommodations once we checked in. The staff was helpful and room service was very prompt. We will gladly stay at his hotel again......can't beat the location & price!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank mizzkng99
Alberta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2009

The hotel is located across the street from California Adventure Park, however, the entrance to both parks is about a 10 minute walk. We "upgraded" to a concierge room - save your money. The "free continental breakfast" included isn't really free, it is a joke. If you didn't order the small plate of pastries/ fruit or the eggs with bacon/potatoes then you had to pay extra to eat what you wanted. We ordered 4 bagels one morning and were charged $10. The room itself was okay, we were on the 2nd floor quite close to Katella Ave and it was NOISY - not only from the constant hum of street noise but from the people staying below us and beside us. My son told me to turn down the tv one night, I wasn't even watching tv (it was the loud family below us). The air conditioner/heating unit was extremely noisy as well - we ended up shutting it off at night sacrificing comfort for less noise. We will defintely try another hotel next time we are in Anaheim. I was disappointed for sure.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ramalamadingdong
The Anabella Hotel thanks you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear of you dissatisfaction with our hotel. We do enforce noise curfews on our property and we strongly urge our guests to call the front desk if they have any issues that are preventing them from enjoying their stay at The Anabella. Again, thank you for your review and we do hope you may change your mind and that we will see you again during your next visit to Anaheim.
San Francisco bay area, ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2009

We were visiting Disneyland and stayed at the Anabella. Arrived at 11 pm from Amtrak station and found our reservations ready and a chose of rooms. Room LARGE ENOUGH for wheelchair. Bathroom set up with roll in Shower. Staff friendly and helpful even at 11 pm at night. Disneyland bus stops about 200 feet from office and was wheel chair accessible. Restaurant in hotel or two restaurants within 500 feet if office.
We did not use the pool or see the rest of the hotel, but from what we saw, it is a pleasant place to stay and the room was quiet as any hotel room could be and the bed was wonderful after a day pushing a wheelchair around Disneyland.
daveatllrc

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank daveatllrc
Thank you for the glowing review! We are pleased you found our wheel chair accessible rooms accommodating during your trip to Disneyland. We look forward to accommodating you again in the near future and do sign up for our Frequent Stay Program to receive great rewards!
Clovis , CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2009

I arrived at the Annabella Hotel on a Saturday Morning at 10am for a 3 night stay in the concierge level room , I was very pleased that I was able to pre-check in and just picked up my room key when returning to the hotel that evening. The room was very nice and the beds was one of the most comfortable I have ever experienced at a hotel. The Restaurant was just ok, we had breakfast there, which came to 50 dollars and the portions were very small. On the 2nd morning I was there I happened to check my bank balance and noticed an additional $150 hold on my account in addition to the $100 dollars that was held at check in. I called the front desk and asked why I had this hold and she replied that it was due to the $140 dollars I had charged to my room at the restaurant the night before, I informed her that I had not eaten there that night and that there was a mistake, she said "i'll have to call the restaurant and check it out, I'll call you back." About 10 minutes later she called me back and said "Ok I talked to the restaurant they accidently charged it to your room, come to the front desk and I'll reverse the hold" (Please not the absence of any apologies) I went to the front desk and was on the phone with my bank for about 20 minutes going back and forth on the phone between the front desk clerk and myself. The bank was able to reverse the hold and I hung up the phone and handed it back to the front desk clerk. There was a moment of awkward silence when I asked "At the very least is there anyway you can waive my parking charges for the next 3 days for this inconvenience?" She had a very puzzled look on her face and said"Well I might be able to do 1 night, but I mean, the hold was taken away.." I replied " I realize that and am glad, but Im upset that this happened in the first place, I ate in the restaurant the morning I arrived and they asked for a name in addition to the room number, $140 should never have been charged to me, its a pretty big over sight and had I not checked my bank this morning I night have incurred overdraft charges" Her reply was "Well the restaurant is separate from the hotel, that's why I had to call them to verify, the hold was taken off . ." She paused and looked to the woman to her left like she was the one doing me a favor and that my request was ridiculous. I said " So a one night parking fee totaling 10 dollars is all your willing to give me (which I had to ask for)" She did not reply but just kept looking at the woman working next to her like I was being a total witch. I was pretty upset and already late to get to Disneyland so I just said "Thank you" and left. Again it seemed like she thought that she was doing me a favor by getting the hold taken off and at no point was apologetic for the situation. I just felt like it all was handled very unprofessionally. I'm not a person who is always looking to get something free, I actually would have preferred her being apologetic and courteous as apposed to getting some free parking. Oh and I failed to mention that this fiasco happened on the morning of my birthday. All in all I would say I enjoyed the Hotel room itself, but not the staff or restaurant.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank KittieCrystal
Thank you for taking the time to write this review on Trip Advisor. This experience is not consistent with the level off service we provide to our guest. I sincerely apologize for your stay and will be addressing your review in our next staff meeting. We appreciate all feedback and we are pleased that you enjoyed our Club Anabella room and had a great night’s sleep on one of our luxurious Divine® pillow top mattresses. We do hope that you stay with us again and so that we can make your experience more enjoyable than the last!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2009

I can't say enough good things about this hotel,it's staff,(which were some of the nicest and most helpfull group i've come across in my many travels) and its location. WOW! A very pleasant walk to" The happiest place on earth". Restraunt/bar awsome and reasonably priced.One of the best trips we"ve had.We have stayed at other hotels in the area.Anabella RULES! We are taking the rest of our family and a bunch of friends to Disneyland for Christmas and New Years,and we are all staying HERE!Looking forward to making more incredable memories made possible by the greeat staff at Anabella ....aannnd Disneyland too

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank metaltravler
The Anabella Hotel would like to extend a sincerely thank you for such a glowing review! Our goal is to make every stay a memorable one. We also thank you for your referrals and look forward to accommodating you many more stays to come!