“Okay but wouldn't go back”
Review of The Anabella

The Anabella
Ranked #54 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersSilver level
Aberdeen
“Okay but wouldn't go back”
Reviewed February 15, 2006

We stayed at the Anabella on the last stage of our trip around California and Nevada. The rooms were of a good size and nicely enough decorated. However, I was not impressed by the cleanliness of the room. White marks on carpet from day we moved in until last day - four days later - so didn't look like it had ever been vacuumed. Bathroom sink also not very clean. And mugs in room still had stains on them from previous guests. Also we had a room next door to our parents and we could hear every word practically that they were saying so obviously not the best soundproofing. In the Anabella's defense the setting and layout of the hotel was beautiful and very close to Disney.

The Tangerine restaurant was nice and we ate there most nights and the staff there were really nice. However my husband had fish one night and underneath his salad/veg there was a piece of what I can only describe as chewewd up meat. Pointed this out to the lady who took it away and came back to say that the explanation she had been given was that it was a piece of burger that was cooked on the same grill as the fish. Hmm!!

Needless to say that if this had not been our last night there I don't think we would have eaten there again.

For the price we paid the hotel was okay but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed November 2005
3 Thank balti666
, Front Desk Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, February 23, 2006
I apologize that you had some problems during your stay at our hotel. If you would of reported the problem with the cleanliness of the room I am confident we could of fixed the problem right away. I am sure if you give us a second chance we can prove to you that we take pride in our product as well as our service. Please contact me so we can discuss your stay in detail.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (704)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Arcadia, CA
Reviewed February 15, 2006

After reading the reviews on this site, I was hesitant like others to book at this hotel but the price was worth it. The only advice that is really accurate are the thin walls and ceiling. If you stay here, make sure you book on the SECOND FLOOR b/c the walls and ceiling are truly thin and have little insulation from noise. Plus, when your neighbor takes a shower, you can hear the noise from the water pipes which can drive you crazy at 5 in the morning. Other than that, the hotel is very nice and cozy with lots of FREE parking. (you can save $10 parking at Disneyland) Best of all are the big rooms with double beds and marble floor bathrooms. The hotel looks like a spanish villa with names like santa barbara and carmel. Very close 10 minute walking distance to both parks. TIP: Use shortcut through California Hotel. If you don't care for tall highrise hotels, this is the closest place to stay without breaking the wallet. Just book on the SECOND FLOOR!

• Stayed February 2006
8 Thank morebang4buck
, Front desk Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, February 23, 2006
Thank you for taking the time to give us a good review and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We always appreciate the good comments that our guests have about our hotel and that we are constantly trying to go above and beyond for our many guests.
Reviewed February 13, 2006

This hotel was very nice. Check in staff very friendly and informative. Hotel room was small but the bathroom was huge, almost as big as the bedroom. Room came with a mini fridge, coffee maker, and blowdryer. The room was extremely clean, and the bed was comfortable. They had a great system for saving electricity as well. I will definately stay there again on my next trip to Disneyland which will be for the inaugural half marathon!

• Stayed January 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
, Front Desk Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, February 16, 2006
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and that you enjoyed your stay and will return in the future. I personally appreciate any comments that my front desk staff is very friendly and informative. Again Thank you for your comments and when you stay here in the future come by and say hello so I can meet you in person.
Campbell, Ca.
Reviewed February 1, 2006

I've stayed at the Anabella 3 or 4 different times since it opened a few years ago and have enjoyed the stay each time. I've found the hotel rooms and grounds very nice and clean - it's much better than average and the rates are reasonable for what you get. I use tripadvisor a lot when planning travel and there were too many negative comments regarding this hotel so I'm writing to let you know it's a very good place to stay. It's probably the closest hotel to walk to Disneyland (other than the Disneyland owned hotels).
And I was also impressed with the Anabella managment monitoring this site and responding to the complaints - that is rare.

• Stayed September 2005
9 Thank BPisReady
, Front Desk Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, February 9, 2006
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. It is always nice to hear from guests who keep coming back to our hotel and have the same good experience each time they come back.Thank you again for writing the review and we look forward to your next stay at our hotel.
Reviewed January 31, 2006

Anabella is definately close to Disneyland (and within walking distance). The rooms were clean and the fridge and blow-dryer in each room is nice. In the future I would only book a room on the top floor. The first night we were kept awake by the family above us allowing their kids to "run" late into the night and we were entertained on our third night by the screaming toddler and his parents who were yelling at him to eat, shut-up, etc. The walls are definately thin. I would also recommend not asking the employees at the hotel for directions - they promoted the shuttle bus service, but no one there could tell me where a shopping mall was or how or where to catch their city transit. There is a visitor's center just before Harbour and they were much more helpful. The hot tub was nice and the location is great.

• Stayed January 2006
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
I am sorry to hear that you had trouble during your stay. I am glad to hear though that you did like parts of our hotel and that you are thinking of returning in the future. I am not sure if you made contact with a member of our management team while you were here, but please contact me so we can discuss your stay in detail.
Reviewed January 26, 2006

Our family and my daughters' family booked two rooms for a week in October and were very disappointed with the quality of this hotel. Rooms were very worn and dirty - housekeeping did not attend to the rooms each day and the noise level from your "neighbours" was appalling. The "family" restaurant nearby was dirty (with hair in meals on two separate occasions!) We will NOT stay here again.

• Stayed October 2005
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
We cannot be responsible for a restaurant that we don't own or operate. I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We try to have everyone who stays at our hotel receive the same type of guest service. All we ask is that if there is a problem during your stay, let us know about it and give us a chance to rectify it for you. Please contact me so we can discuss your stay in detail.
Reviewed January 12, 2006

We would stay at this hotel again .
The food at the Tangerine resturant was of good quality and good value.
Avoid the Pizza come italian resturant down the road .
Just check your bill!

• Stayed December 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
, Front Desk Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, January 24, 2006
We appreciate it when someone takes the time to write a review of our hotel. We enjoy seeing the good comments and that you had a good stay at our hotel. If you have plans to come to the Anaheim area in the future please call us directly and ask about our return guest program.